NCAA Tournament Odds: William Smith Favorite

D3 Womens Lacrosse
laf

NCAA Tournament Odds: William Smith Favorite

Post by laf »

NCAA Tournament Odds based on seeding (MD1,MD2,MD3 and WD1,WD2,WD3)

http://www.laxbytes.com/news/news_029.php

Reach the final 8:

Reach the final four:

Reach the finals:

Win the tournament:

Odds will be updated and posted daily at: http://www.laxbytes.com/#p4

Tournament Favorites: UNC (M&W D1); Mercyhurst (MD2);Indy (WD2), Tufts (MD3) and William Smith (WD3)
Bartman

Re: NCAA Tournament Odds: William Smith Favorite

Post by Bartman »

As a HWS sports fan, I am totally tuned in to this tournament after watching the Herons convincingly handle Ithaca and F&M on the road. If Hobart passed as well as WS does they'd be in the NCAA D1 Men's tournament. This was a strange year with Covid, so the Heron's earlier losses are games they can learn from in the tournament. I really don't think they should be the favorite after beating an F&M team that had a very small body of work, but I think they have a good opportunity to take each game, one at a time. . The announcers in the game at F&M said the ONLY way the Herons could win was if F&M had a bad start...this proved to be solely based on the ranking, which we know now is a product of a small body of work. The Herons have played some great teams like SJF , Ithaca and Brockport where their 4 loses come from. I think they are improving and will have a good shot at every game they play, but every game will be a nail biter , and the First Year goalie will be tested a lot more than she was yesterday. Fly Herons, Fly, and don't look at these odds, play every game like an underdog!
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

As an HWS fan, I cringed when I saw the title of the thread. Such a curse. WS is good, but they've been beaten by SJF before. And, despite the complaints about the tournament, whichever team wins Sat will have tough teams moving forward. The first round always shakes things up. Such is the AQ system.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Bartman wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:31 pm...this proved to be solely based on the ranking, which we know now is a product of a small body of work...
The issue wasn't a small body of work. the issue was blind spots, irrationality. F&M being #1 never made sense but when the right people say it, others repeat it, and then the masses believe it. Including computers that factor in human perspectives. That aside, I agree that William Smith is being highly touted right now by this computer ranking because they beat the "#1 team" (and this computer formula factors in game scores) and... F&M was never really #1. For heaven's sake, look at the game score. *That* was not an upset. :) William Smith was always better than F&M and their win was simply business as usual. William Smith is currently around a #5 team and they need to keep winning and... St. John Fisher this weekend will be a tough hill to climb. SJF beat them earlier in the season but only by 1. Should be a good one.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Thread title curse is alive and well.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.

Return to “D3 WOMENS LACROSSE”