Decent girls stick for beginners

Lacrosse Rules and Equipment
Lurker

Decent girls stick for beginners

Post by Lurker »

It has been my personal experience that the low cost beginner sticks sold at places like Dick's Sporting Goods are not very good. They require a lot of work after purchase to make them usable and even then they just aren't great. It makes it harder to teach a new player how to pass & catch when the stick is essentially a tennis racket.

So.... tell me what's the best stick for a beginner that won't break the bank? Is there such a thing as a $50-$60 stick that is playable right off the shelf?
cltlax

Re: Decent girls stick for beginners

Post by cltlax »

Lurker wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:27 pm It has been my personal experience that the low cost beginner sticks sold at places like Dick's Sporting Goods are not very good. They require a lot of work after purchase to make them usable and even then they just aren't great. It makes it harder to teach a new player how to pass & catch when the stick is essentially a tennis racket.

So.... tell me what's the best stick for a beginner that won't break the bank? Is there such a thing as a $50-$60 stick that is playable right off the shelf?
I bet you could find an older used head on ebay or sideline swap and restring it. Would be miles better than a $50 new stick.

Return to “LACROSSE RULES AND EQUIPMENT”