UIndy??

D2 Womens Lacrosse
LaxCoach13

UIndy??

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Anyone know what is going on at UIndy, I have heard rumors that Coach Delaney is gone, has he taken a DI job or what nothing on their site but his name is removed.
Bart

Re: UIndy??

Post by Bart »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:20 am Anyone know what is going on at UIndy, I have heard rumors that Coach Delaney is gone, has he taken a DI job or what nothing on their site but his name is removed.
See post below with link to US Lacrosse magazine article.
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

He was fired according to a USA Lacrosse Magazine article. That's what he texted to his players anyway.

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... hip-is-out

Sounds like the assistant was fired too.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Thanks,does not sound good
Bart

Post by Bart »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:59 am Thanks,does not sound good
Will be interesting to see where/if he lands somewhere.

Indy had a good team returning so how that all shakes out is anyone’s guess.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

A parent I know whose daughter is returning to the team is incredibly angry at the situation. They believes the staff has been treated unfairly. For what that's worth.
anneclax

Post by anneclax »

On the other hand, I've heard several "it's about time" comments from people with connections to the program.
Bart

Post by Bart »

anneclax wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:41 pm On the other hand, I've heard several "it's about time" comments from people with connections to the program.
Every coin has two sides....................
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Win a national championship. Prize? Fired!

Something is missing here. The link is dead to Lax Magazine.

Link here is working.

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... hip-is-out
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Wasn't the previous coach fired or forced out? Seems like UIndy either has really bad luck with coaches or they don't tolerate much of anything. I just can't imagine firing a coach after winning a national championship unless the coach did something extremely inappropriate.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

My opinion from what I've been told is, the University did not act in the best interest of the players, the coach will land another spot and the locker room could be unpleasant. The portal also had recent additions. Will be interesting to see what roster looks like in January.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Funny I heard from good sources they did act in the best interest of the players, winning a National Championship does not exempt from acting right or following rules. If the things I have heard happened he had to be removed, winning a national championship has nothing to do with it
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

tothedraw wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:04 am My opinion from what I've been told is, the University did not act in the best interest of the players, the coach will land another spot and the locker room could be unpleasant. The portal also had recent additions. Will be interesting to see what roster looks like in January.
Same story from 2 different sources. Indy is better off without him.
Bart

Post by Bart »

D2fan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:37 pm
tothedraw wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:04 am My opinion from what I've been told is, the University did not act in the best interest of the players, the coach will land another spot and the locker room could be unpleasant. The portal also had recent additions. Will be interesting to see what roster looks like in January.
Time will tell.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Bart wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:01 pm
Time will tell.
In particular, the timing of this announcement was not done in the best interest of the players. And I would place a bet that he gets hired somewhere else.
washeduplaxer21

Post by washeduplaxer21 »

As an Alumni and still close with the program, I can tell you the situation was very much in the favor of the players. Both from hearing stories / seeing it happen while I was there and as a post grad. The report is somewhere in the 30 page range with written letters from multiple players telling exact same stories from over the years. He had a final straw to where the AD could not turn a blind eye anymore. He will never coach again if the report goes public or these players send their letters to whoever is dumb enough to hire him.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Went back and revisited with those close to the situation I know. Their accounts match the account of poster (washeduplaxer21) above.

Time will tell how the program responds.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

99% of the time in these situations the final outcome was determined because:

A. The accusations are true.
B. The accusations, while not proven, have caused enough of a distraction that moving on from the program leadership is best for the players and school. May not always be fair to the coach, but the school cuts ties because the unproven accusations have caused enough of a distraction that the situation becomes untenable. And this often results in some sort of monetary settlement between the employee and university.
washeduplaxer21

Post by washeduplaxer21 »

Accusations are 100% true. Video's and multiple people with the same stories. I try and stay out of comment sections and things of this sort, but I read the comments on the US Lacrosse article on Facebook and had to come on here to say something. Some of these people were / are my close friends, they don't deserve to have things said about their character after many of them stayed silent in fear of him or blind to it because of the mental abuse he caused. Coaches are put in a position where they have a lot of power over 18-22 year olds. As much as it is about coaching and winning, a coach should also understand this is a very impactful and developing time in someone's life. His abuse of that, especially as a male coaching females, is inexcusable and disgusting. I have coached at every level, this kind of stuff really gets to me so I apologize for the rant. I hope he is never able to coach the women's game at any level again.
midwestlaxdad

Post by midwestlaxdad »

Hearing that a Midwest d3 coach will be going on campus soon. Seems like they might be following a similar route as Butler.

Return to “D2 WOMENS LACROSSE”