Idontknowtherules

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by Idontknowtherules »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:50 pm
@inthe8m wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:42 pm
howdyyall wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:39 pm
@inthe8m wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:08 pm
Laxinfordays wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:07 pm
@inthe8m wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:06 pm lol ... you really are useless.
What is your problem. You’re a rude sob
This is really rich coming from the guy who had a smart ass response to a question I asked of another poster.

Now, I could have assumed that he was talking about Pirreca (who is still listed on the Syracuse staff) being at Stony Brook - which has not been announced as far as I know and is not reflected on the SB wlax website. But, I decided to ask for clarification instead of making an assumption and maybe the question would lead to some additional information. And, that is when you butted in with a smart ass non-response that adds nothing to the conversation - which is considered rude by most people. For the record, I am not a "rude sob" - I am an aszhole.

I edited the post to make it clear (Pirreca). Fair question/clarification indeed.
Thank you. Is Pirreca from Long Island?
She hails from Mount Sinai, N.Y. I’m not sure whether that’s on Long Island or not.
It is on Long Island. And spallina is also from mt Sinai as well. So this move would make sense.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:34 pm
@inthe8m wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:36 pm
Having been an admin on various sports related msg boards years ago, I can tell you that it is not all that uncommon for people to have multiple logins on msg boards for whatever reason - usually because they were banned under other logins. Use to have to track trouble makers via IP addresses.
Yeah, I've seen that before as well
I think this is happening right now....
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Former Gator Lindsey Ronbeck joins Richmond Spiders coaching staff.
otisjane

Post by otisjane »

Liz Beville is going to do a fantastic job at Colgate. Her lacrosse roots go deep, as she comes from a family of lacrosse players and played under Upstate Coach Legend Kathy Taylor at SUNY Cortland. Colgate deserves credit for getting it right, and Liz Beville deserves credit for taking advantage of the chance.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Hey, otis, am sure you can't answer this, and it's not as if it matters a whole lot, but I wonder why your number of posts never changes? Odd.
Bart

Post by Bart »

otisjane wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:12 am Liz Beville is going to do a fantastic job at Colgate. Her lacrosse roots go deep, as she comes from a family of lacrosse players and played under Upstate Coach Legend Kathy Taylor at SUNY Cortland. Colgate deserves credit for getting it right, and Liz Beville deserves credit for taking advantage of the chance.
Huh? Liz Beville is at MeMoyne. Kathy Taylor is Colgates head coach
OuttaNowhereWregget

On behalf of otisjane...

LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Bart wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:53 am
otisjane wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:12 am Liz Beville is going to do a fantastic job at Colgate. Her lacrosse roots go deep, as she comes from a family of lacrosse players and played under Upstate Coach Legend Kathy Taylor at SUNY Cortland. Colgate deserves credit for getting it right, and Liz Beville deserves credit for taking advantage of the chance.

Bart, Kathy Taylor has only been there about 2 years. Did something happen?
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

ghost in the machine...
Bart

Post by Bart »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:12 pm

Bart, Kathy Taylor has only been there about 2 years. Did something happen?
Not that I know. She is still listed on the web site.
Downhill Dodger

Post by Downhill Dodger »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:22 pm Former Gator Lindsey Ronbeck joins Richmond Spiders coaching staff.
IMO, She was lucky she didn’t get tagged in the whole American U coaching fiasco, obviously these schools don’t do very deep due dilly on their hires
OuttaNowhereWregget

Downhill Dodger wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:45 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:22 pm Former Gator Lindsey Ronbeck joins Richmond Spiders coaching staff.
IMO, She was lucky she didn’t get tagged in the whole American U coaching fiasco, obviously these schools don’t do very deep due dilly on their hires
What was the fiasco? Not that I'm very current with American U but I hadn't heard. How do you mean "tagged"?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:43 pm
What was the fiasco? Not that I'm very current with American U but I hadn't heard. How do you mean "tagged"?
Probably referring to this

https://www.theeagleonline.com/article/ ... ve-players
OuttaNowhereWregget

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:27 pm Probably referring to this

Wow--what a mess. And sad for the players.
OuttaNowhereWregget

I don't know if it was mentioned at the time of Rachel Whitten's hiring as head coach of Coastal Carolina but Erin Fitzgerald (associate head coach) and Samantha Giacolone (assistant coach) are also part of the coaching staff.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:27 pm

Not sure what that really has to do with Ronbeck as she is only mentioned as having been in the meeting with the players involved. Ronbeck being at the meeting was most likely to be there as a witness. I read nothing that implies Ronbeck did anything wrong.

While the actions of not renewing the scholarships of the five players is certainly unfortunate, that occurs at many schools and I have heard of much worse actions by new HCs who want to clear out a lot of players that had been recruited by the previous coach - this is common across all college athletics.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

@inthe8m wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:28 pm

Not sure what that really has to do with Ronbeck as she is only mentioned as having been in the meeting with the players involved. Ronbeck being at the meeting was most likely to be there as a witness. I read nothing that implies Ronbeck did anything wrong.

While the actions of not renewing the scholarships of the five players is certainly unfortunate, that occurs at many schools and I have heard of much worse actions by new HCs who want to clear out a lot of players that had been recruited by the previous coach - this is common across all college athletics.
I wasn’t commenting on it having to do with Ronbeck, implying that she did anything wrong, or passing any judgment on the head coach. Just providing the background info for what Downhill Dodger was referring to.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:33 pm

I wasn’t commenting on it having to do with Ronbeck, implying that she did anything wrong, or passing any judgment on the head coach. Just providing the background info for what Downhill Dodger was referring to.
I understand that and did not attribute any of that to you. Appreciate the info. Still not sure why Ronbeck would have been "tagged" because of something the HC did?
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

@inthe8m wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:42 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:33 pm

I understand that and did not attribute any of that to you. Appreciate the info. Still not sure why Ronbeck would have been "tagged" because of something the HC did?
Yeah I’m not too sure. I can see how her name would be brought into it at least initially. She’s a member of the coaching staff and was present for some of the meetings. But from the few details we have about the whole thing it doesn’t seem like it was anything more than that.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Maybe they did do their due diligence and found her to be an excellent candidate whose previous boss got thrown under the bus by admin. :?:

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”