Northwestern v. Boston College, High Noon 5/28/2023

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Northwestern v. Boston College, High Noon 5/28/2023

Post by DMac »

ultravisitor wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:57 pm And I’m not sure anyone engaging in negative gossip about Hailey Rhatigan has much room to talk about sportsmanship.
Sure isn't a whole lotta room for disagreement there. Only itk247 is in the know of why such harsh criticism and the insinuation of poor character. Maybe Hailey took her/his lunch money from him/her (pronouns have become a little more complicated, hope I'm using acceptable ones) once?
Last game of the season, last game of your collegiate career, your last possession, and you leave the ball in the back of the net on the final play of the National Championship game. A fairytale ending to a carrier. Pretty tough for me to criticize anything there.
You go wich yor bad self, girlfriend!!
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:04 pm
ultravisitor wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:57 pm And I’m not sure anyone engaging in negative gossip about Hailey Rhatigan has much room to talk about sportsmanship.
Sure isn't a whole lotta room for disagreement there. Only itk247 is in the know of why such harsh criticism and the insinuation of poor character. Maybe Hailey took her/his lunch money from him/her (pronouns have become a little more complicated, hope I'm using acceptable ones) once?
Last game of the season, last game of your collegiate career, your last possession, and you leave the ball in the back of the net on the final play of the National Championship game. A fairytale ending to a carrier. Pretty tough for me to criticize anything there.
You go wich yor bad self, girlfriend!!
You are dead on, it is not her fault. It is women's lacrosse coaches who have for years thought it was ok that their team, up by 10 goals on any given day, are still trying to score with less than a minute in the game...with all of the starters still in. Happens at high school level also.

And no, mens/boys lacrosse does not do this at all.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

That was the most lopsided final I’ve ever seen. The BC coach’s expression alternated between rage and crying. Never seen a coach break down emotionally like that before but it was a total domination. They beat BC worse than any team on their schedule.
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:16 pm That was the most lopsided final I’ve ever seen. The BC coach’s expression alternated between rage and crying. Never seen a coach break down emotionally like that before but it was a total domination. They beat BC worse than any team on their schedule.
I saw similar behavior when she lost the ACC championship game to UNC with the 'big three' (2019). The beat UNC by 6 or so in the regular season so I'm guessing she wasn't too worried. The post game talk displayed a very teary and shocked coach.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Sunnylax wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:49 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:16 pm That was the most lopsided final I’ve ever seen. The BC coach’s expression alternated between rage and crying. Never seen a coach break down emotionally like that before but it was a total domination. They beat BC worse than any team on their schedule.
I saw similar behavior when she lost the ACC championship game to UNC with the 'big three' (2019). The beat UNC by 6 or so in the regular season so I'm guessing she wasn't too worried. The post game talk displayed a very teary and shocked coach.
Chronic on the edge emotion is not sustainable in a program. It will make a good run for a while but becomes tired and burns out.
Great long-time coaches hyper competitive feelings are filtered and managed. It’s a different level of IQ.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

If you think that was bad, you should have seen NU's 2009 beatdown of UNC in the championship game: 21-7.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”