OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Two more for Team Israel - from Stanford

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Boston College Eagles - Starting Lineup 2023

One of the more intriguing items of 2023 will be which players end up filling the (at least [at this point]) four open spots on the starting lineup for BC:

(Below is the starting lineup and subs used for the NCAA final)

a Mossman, Caitlynn (open spot)
a North, Charlotte (open spot)
a Medjid, Jenn
m Martello, Kayla
m Weeks, Cassidy
m Smith, Belle
d Welch, Melanie (open spot)
d Taylor, Courtney (open spot)
d Schleicher, Hollie
d Roman, Hunter
d Scales, Sydney
gk Hall, Rachel

Substitutes --

m Reynolds, Andrea
m Smith, Ryan
a Davis, Mckenna

Midfielders - I'm guessing m Courtney Weeks will be back and will probably fill a spot unless a number of other players really emerge and impress from now till opening day. BC was starting 5 defenders last year. I don't know if they'll drop a starting defender to add midfielder Co. Weeks. I can't see Martello coming off the bench with how well she played as a starter last year. Who knows if Reynolds or R. Smith will demand more time due to increased proficiency. BC had 14 midfielders on the roster in '22. None of those players will graduate this year. That's a ton at one position.

Attack - A little less confusing with only Mckenna Davis, Erin Walsh, Kit Arrix and Mallory Hasselbeck to fill the 2 vacated spots left by North and Mossman. And who knows if an incoming frosh will take one or both of the spots.

Defense - Only Sophia Taglich remains for defenders. We'll see if BC brings in any underclass who can plug in right away or if more midfielders are used to fill the gap left by departing Melanie Welch and Courtney Taylor.

GK - Have no idea what's happening here.

Still not sure who all is coming back for a fifth year. Medjid? Hall? Weeks sisters?

We'll see soon enough...

BC Roster - https://bceagles.com/sports/womens-lacrosse/roster
Dr. Tact

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

Post by Dr. Tact »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:03 pm
Abu el Banat. And the envy of all your friends.
And again, you teach me something....never heard that phrase.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:08 am
There is a West Wing episode, where Bartlett describes a trip to the Middle East that he took with his family, in which no one would let him pay for his drinks because he was Abu el Banat, the Father of Daughters, and that was enough to warrant a few free drinks. I only have one daughter, and she has warranted a few drinks on the past.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:13 am
Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:08 am
There is a West Wing episode, where Bartlett describes a trip to the Middle East that he took with his family, in which no one would let him pay for his drinks because he was Abu el Banat, the Father of Daughters, and that was enough to warrant a few free drinks. I only have one daughter, and she has warranted a few drinks on the past.
Ah...The answer I have been searching for....I drink because I have daughters
user1020

Post by user1020 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:25 am One of the more intriguing items of 2023 will be which players end up filling the (at least [at this point]) four open spots on the starting lineup for BC:

(Below is the starting lineup and subs used for the NCAA final)

a Mossman, Caitlynn (open spot)
a North, Charlotte (open spot)
a Medjid, Jenn
m Martello, Kayla
m Weeks, Cassidy
m Smith, Belle
d Welch, Melanie (open spot)
d Taylor, Courtney (open spot)
d Schleicher, Hollie
d Roman, Hunter
d Scales, Sydney
gk Hall, Rachel

Substitutes --

m Reynolds, Andrea
m Smith, Ryan
a Davis, Mckenna

Midfielders - I'm guessing m Courtney Weeks will be back and will probably fill a spot unless a number of other players really emerge and impress from now till opening day. BC was starting 5 defenders last year. I don't know if they'll drop a starting defender to add midfielder Co. Weeks. I can't see Martello coming off the bench with how well she played as a starter last year. Who knows if Reynolds or R. Smith will demand more time due to increased proficiency. BC had 14 midfielders on the roster in '22. None of those players will graduate this year. That's a ton at one position.

Attack - A little less confusing with only Mckenna Davis, Erin Walsh, Kit Arrix and Mallory Hasselbeck to fill the 2 vacated spots left by North and Mossman. And who knows if an incoming frosh will take one or both of the spots.

Defense - Only Sophia Taglich remains for defenders. We'll see if BC brings in any underclass who can plug in right away or if more midfielders are used to fill the gap left by departing Melanie Welch and Courtney Taylor.

GK - Have no idea what's happening here.

Still not sure who all is coming back for a fifth year. Medjid? Hall? Weeks sisters?

We'll see soon enough...

BC Roster - https://bceagles.com/sports/womens-lacrosse/roster

Martello was an attacker so 2 spots on attack are left open. I think Davis will fill one.

A
Medjid
Martello
Mossman —> Davis
North —> ?

I think Courtney Week will slot back into midfield for one of the graduation defensive middies

M
Smith
Weeks
Welch/Taylor —> Weeks

Taglich could possibly take the open defender spot unless a freshman or transfer comes in

D
Scales
Roman
Schleicher
Welch/Taylor —> Possibly Taglich

This would leave one attacking spot up for grabs
OuttaNowhereWregget

user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:45 am Martello was an attacker so 2 spots on attack are left open.

Martello is a midfielder. She has been listed as such since she arrived at The Heights in 2021. She was listed as a midfielder in each PDF postgame notes this past season, as well.

https://bceagles.com/sports/womens-lacr ... ello/14684

https://bceagles.com/documents/2022/3/2 ... itt_12.pdf
OuttaNowhereWregget

Lindsey McKone--another stud playing for Team Israel. (Sammy Jo Tracy being the other one that I know of.) Israel could definitely make a little noise at Johnny U. Wouldn't be surprised to see them make the quarters or even semifinals.

user1020

Post by user1020 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:55 am
user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:45 am Martello was an attacker so 2 spots on attack are left open.

Martello is a midfielder. She has been listed as such since she arrived at The Heights in 2021. She was listed as a midfielder in each PDF postgame notes this past season, as well.

Yes she is listed as a midfielder but she played attack. It is very common for players to play attack or defense even though they are listed as midfielders
OuttaNowhereWregget

Ana Heneberry promoted to Associate Head Coach for Michigan.

https://mgoblue.com/news/2022/6/29/wome ... coach.aspx
OuttaNowhereWregget

I can only imagine how excited all the players are for this world tournament.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Is there another team representing as many countries as the Louisville Cardinals?

user1020

Post by user1020 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:40 am Is there another team representing as many countries as the Louisville Cardinals?

Maryland is representing 6

USA
Canada
England
Australia
Wales
Puerto Rico
OuttaNowhereWregget

user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:38 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:40 am Is there another team representing as many countries as the Louisville Cardinals?

USA
Canada
England
Australia
Wales
Puerto Rico
So Maryland is repping as many as Louisville. I wonder if there is a team who has more...

Still—remarkable to have players from 5 different nations from one team.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: California Golden Bears

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:10 am The California Golden Bears began playing D1 lacrosse in 1999 in the WWLL (Western Women’s Lacrosse League). Cal then played in the MPLL in 2002 and 2003. From 2004-2017 they competed in the MPSF until they joined the Pac-12 in 2018. Cal is another team that came off the blocks winning: 9-7 inaugural season; 12-6 the next; 12-6; 11-7; 11-6; 10-8; 12-7 before their first losing season in 2006 (8-11). Tough times since joining the Pac-12. 6-12; 7-12; 2-5; 2-16 and 2-16. Head coach and former JMU Duke Brooke Eubanks has been leading the Bears since 2015.
Back to back 2-16 seasons. Something wasn’t working. Good timing to move on for coach.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

This has already been discussed at length, I think in this thread.
Martello is listed as a middie Did you ever see her cross the restraining line and play defense ? I didn't. She played mostly on the crease. She for all intents and purposes and attacker.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:38 pm

USA
Canada
England
Australia
Wales
Puerto Rico
So Maryland is repping as many as Louisville. I wonder if there is a team who has more...

Maryland representing 6
Louisville 5

Anyone else have 5 or more?
Great accomplishments for these programs
OuttaNowhereWregget

user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:58 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:38 pm

USA
Canada
England
Australia
Wales
Puerto Rico

Maryland representing 6
Louisville 5

Anyone else have 5 or more?
Great accomplishments for these programs
Louisville is also repping 6 if you include USA.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

tothedraw wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:53 pm

Martello is listed as a middie Did you ever see her cross the restraining line and play defense ? I didn't. She played mostly on the crease. She for all intents and purposes and attacker.
Martello plays 100 percent attack and never goes over the restraining line. Updating player Bio's is not a priority for coaches. Unfortunately, lax publications and the media dont know enough to look beyond the Bio position and stats. Heck you have players like Masera from Stony Brook and Emma Tyrell from Cuse getting AA accolades as middies when they never once go over the restraining line and have been converted to attack.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Lax101 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:49 pm
tothedraw wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:53 pm

Martello plays 100 percent attack and never goes over the restraining line. Updating player Bio's is not a priority for coaches. Unfortunately, lax publications and the media dont know enough to look beyond the Bio position and stats. Heck you have players like Masera from Stony Brook and Emma Tyrell from Cuse getting AA accolades as middies when they never once go over the restraining line and have been converted to attack.
SRG also was listed as a middie many times and hasn’t played midfield for Carolina since 1st or 2nd year there.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”