OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Testudo98 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:25 pm Taylor Cummings is the best player ever.
Duly noted.
Testudo98

Post by Testudo98 »

Taylor did everything on the field but draw the lines. She won the draw. She defended like a pro and she was the deciding goal. Did Charlotte do that?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Testudo98 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:44 pm Taylor did everything on the field but draw the lines. She won the draw. She defended like a pro and she was the deciding goal. Did Charlotte do that?
Everything but draw the lines :lol: I’ll have to remember that one, but her accolades are pretty staggering

Led the 2014 National Champion Terps in every major statistical category as a sophomore (goals, assists, points, ground balls, caused turnovers, and draw controls)

Led the Terps in all major statistical categories except goals as a junior and senior (where she was 2nd I believe but don’t feel like checking)

3x Tewaaraton
3x Honda
3x IWLCA Midfielder of the year
4x 1st Team All American
2x B1G Midfielder of the year
ACC Freshman of the year
2x National Champ & NC Most Outstanding Player
2x National Champ Runner-Up
2x ESPY nominee for best female collegiate athlete

And that’s not even all of it…
OuttaNowhereWregget

Testudo98 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:44 pm Taylor did everything on the field but draw the lines. She won the draw. She defended like a pro and she was the deciding goal. Did Charlotte do that?
OuttaNowhereWregget

I never saw Cummings play. Charlotte North will always be The Great One for me.

Watch her make that net shake, rattle and rock!
OuttaNowhereWregget

The weekend is here!

OuttaNowhereWregget

anneclax wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:26 am Why is everyone always so cryptic about these things.
Good question. It's occurred to me as well.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Austria - Not your average team photo.

OuttaNowhereWregget

This is the week!

World championships start later this week. Really looking forward to many things--the talent on the 30 teams from all over the world, the style of play of each different team, the rules that are used, how the TV coverage will look, etc. All starts in 3 days.

OuttaNowhereWregget

I'm glad players transfer out of Maryland and Carolina because they want to play rather than keep the bench warm waiting for a running clock so maybe they can get some garbage time. Good for them. The ring isn't the top priority for these players--the game is.

Still very interested to see where Tayler Warehime ends up...

OuttaNowhereWregget

Saint Bonaventure Bonnies

In the southwestern part of New York state in the town of Allegany in Cattaraugus County at the intersection of Route 417 and Constitution Avenue sits the entrance to St. Bonaventure University—home of the Bonnies. The Bonnies finished 1-14 in ’22—their lone win, an OT win at Detroit Mercy. It’s been “hard times from the country--livin' down in New York town* ” for the Bonnies. Discounting the 5-2 they went in the covid year, their last winning (full) season was back in 2007 (8-7). It’s been meager hardscrabble times since. Scratching out single digit wins each season, some recent seasons have yielded no wins at all (2014, 2018). I don’t know what the issue has been recently but I’d love to see fortunes change for St. Bonny. That's my general feeling on all teams toiling in relative obscurity.

* https://youtu.be/QbmWcHW8xR4
OuttaNowhereWregget

A word or two about FanLax member JoeMauer89

I’ll miss Joe. (He's gone till March of 2023.) I have always appreciated the way he has conducted himself on the WD1 boards. Joe’s always been polite and civil with me. I reserved a special spot for Mr. Mauer when I found out his sister happens to be one of my all time favorite players.

I can understand why Joe got so angry the other day. I’ve been on these boards for a few years now and there are those who fancy themselves morally and intellectually superior to the unwashed masses rest of us (as DMac so aptly put it once as I recall) and address those they feel inferior to them with that snotty condescending tone they have perfected. I don’t think folks realize how provoking it is to be talked down to by another human being.

I used to work with a guy who was the nicest guy in the world—got along with everybody—all the customers loved him. But I never saw him get so angry as he did the day an inside salesman talked down to him. Wow! It was a side of him I never saw before and it was striking.

I hope when Joe gets back he steers clear of the Politics board and stays away from there for good. He obviously has extensive knowledge of the game of lacrosse and the players and we could use his insights and observations.

Hope the time passes quickly for you, Joe. Take it easy.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Denver’s Abby Jenkins

Cool photo.

Dr. Tact

Re: A word or two about FanLax member JoeMauer89

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:10 am
I can understand why Joe got so angry the other day. I’ve been on these boards for a few years now and there are those who fancy themselves morally and intellectually superior to the unwashed masses rest of us (as DMac so aptly put it once as I recall) and address those they feel inferior to them with that snotty condescending tone they have perfected. I don’t think folks realize how provoking it is to be talked down to by another human being.
Please give the unwashed masses vs the snotty superiors a rest. It isn't true and it gets old. I don't treat you as less than anyone else. Just a word of advice, which you may not take, the message above is really "provoking" and is in a weird way, talking down to others.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: A word or two about FanLax member JoeMauer89

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:34 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:10 am
Please give the unwashed masses vs the snotty superiors a rest. It isn't true and it gets old. I don't treat you as less than anyone else. Just a word of advice, which you may not take, the message above is really "provoking" and is in a weird way, talking down to others.
Doc--I have never felt talked down to by you. I have never gotten the impression that you consider yourself superior to anyone nor have I ever witnessed you talking down to anyone on these boards.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Old Dominion Monarchs

I missed this head coach resignation back at the end of May. There were some other games going on at the time that were mildly significant, if memory serves.

https://odusports.com/news/2022/5/25/he ... coach.aspx

Old Dominion has been playing D1 lacrosse since 1980. Holt signed on back in 2012. She had two great years (13-5 in 2015 and 16-4 in 2016). During Holt’s tenure, the Monarchs went from the CAA to being an independent in 2014, to the ASUN in 2015, to the Big East in 2019 and finally to the AAC. One might have given OD a different nickname—Migrants—but it doesn’t sound nearly as good as Monarchs. Here’s another team I’d love to see turn things around and start making some noise. Hopefully the new coach will have success in that area.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Virginia Commonwealth University Rams

The VCU Rams have won 7 games per season five years running. From 2017 (sans covid year, of course) to 2022—it has apparently been decreed—ye shall win seven per season and no more.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Deftly executed caused turnover, groundie and outlet pass. About as well as it can be done, with a lovely economy of movement.

OuttaNowhereWregget

UNH Wildcats - Came in like Gangbusters.

The University of New Hampshire women’s lacrosse Wildcats entered division 1 in 1977. They didn’t tiptoe in meekly though, they kicked in the door going 10-0-1; 9-1-1; 12-4 in their first three seasons. Didn’t have a losing season until ’82—six years in. And oh yes, in only their 9th season they won the National Championship in 1985 over no less a team than Maryland.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”