D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Re: Boston College Eagles - Starting Lineup 2023

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:55 pm
Lax101 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:49 pm
tothedraw wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:53 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:55 am
user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:45 am Martello was an attacker so 2 spots on attack are left open.

This would leave one attacking spot up for grabs
Martello is a midfielder. She has been listed as such since she arrived at The Heights in 2021. She was listed as a midfielder in each PDF postgame notes this past season, as well.

https://bceagles.com/sports/womens-lacr ... ello/14684

https://bceagles.com/documents/2022/3/2 ... itt_12.pdf
This has already been discussed at length, I think in this thread.
Martello is listed as a middie Did you ever see her cross the restraining line and play defense ? I didn't. She played mostly on the crease. She for all intents and purposes and attacker.
Martello plays 100 percent attack and never goes over the restraining line. Updating player Bio's is not a priority for coaches. Unfortunately, lax publications and the media dont know enough to look beyond the Bio position and stats. Heck you have players like Masera from Stony Brook and Emma Tyrell from Cuse getting AA accolades as middies when they never once go over the restraining line and have been converted to attack.
SRG also was listed as a middie many times and hasn’t played midfield for Carolina since 1st or 2nd year there.
Same with Dempsey Arsenault. She was always listed as a middie but played defense her first 2 years because that was where she was needed. With so many teams now running a substitution box and/or running lines & fewer players remaining on the field to play both ways, the lines that separate attackers, middies, & defenders have become very blurred for me. I don't mind it, really, but I just wouldn't stick too closely to a player's assigned roster position when trying to anticipate what holes they will fill (except goalie). If you're looking at holes in the roster it's easy to go right to the bench to plug & chug, but a coach could also move around some current starters to other positions to open a spot for another player at a different position than the original open one.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

I saw a mother and daughter going into a dentist’s office yesterday. At one point the daughter turned around to reveal a sweatshirt on which the word “Laxachusetts” was prominently displayed. Did my heart good to see that.

Can you say “becoming a women’s lacrosse hotbed“ boys and girls?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:16 pm I saw a mother and daughter going into a dentist’s office yesterday. At one point the daughter turned around to reveal a sweatshirt on which the word “Laxachusetts” was prominently displayed. Did my heart good to see that.

Can you say “becoming a women’s lacrosse hotbed“ boys and girls?
That is the name of a fairly large club program that offers teams for both boys and girls
user1020

Post by user1020 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:22 pm
user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:58 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:38 pm
user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:38 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:40 am Is there another team representing as many countries as the Louisville Cardinals?
Maryland is representing 6

USA
Canada
England
Australia
Wales
Puerto Rico
So Maryland is repping as many as Louisville. I wonder if there is a team who has more...

Still—remarkable to have players from 5 different nations from one team.
Maryland representing 6
Louisville 5

Anyone else have 5 or more?
Great accomplishments for these programs
Louisville is also repping 6 if you include USA.
Who on Louisville is repping USA?
OuttaNowhereWregget

user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:29 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:22 pm
user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:58 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:38 pm
user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:38 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:40 am Is there another team representing as many countries as the Louisville Cardinals?
Maryland is representing 6

USA
Canada
England
Australia
Wales
Puerto Rico
So Maryland is repping as many as Louisville. I wonder if there is a team who has more...

Still—remarkable to have players from 5 different nations from one team.
Maryland representing 6
Louisville 5

Anyone else have 5 or more?
Great accomplishments for these programs
Louisville is also repping 6 if you include USA.
Who on Louisville is repping USA?
You’re right. You know, I never put that together. I guess Maryland has the most with six.
OuttaNowhereWregget

I’d never seen Dana Dobbie play before tonight. She was something else. First thing that struck me was her size. Wow—good luck moving her or getting in her way. She’s clearly a badass. I have never seen a player do this (see clip). Obviously intended to intimidate. Very nifty with the stick and passing. A wily veteran to be sure. The power she generated on that "twizzler" goal of hers was stunning. WOW! Very entertaining every time she was near the ball.

LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:35 pm I’d never seen Dana Dobbie play before tonight. She was something else. First thing that struck me was her size. Wow—good luck moving her or getting in her way. She’s clearly a badass. I have never seen a player do this (see clip). Obviously intended to intimidate. Very nifty with the stick and passing. A wily veteran to be sure. The power she generated on that "twizzler" goal of hers was stunning. WOW! Very entertaining every time she was near the ball.

Dobbie is an excellent veteran. Very athletic.
OuttaNowhereWregget

USA 16 Canada 11

I was also greatly impressed with Kayla Treanor last night. Her footwook is delightful and awe-inspiring to watch. She was far and away my favorite player when I first started watching lacrosse. In fact, I can safely say that seeing Treanor play was what got me hooked on women’s lacrosse to begin with. The sad part of it is, she is still one of the greats and looks like she could be a full-time player easy if they had a traditional league. The way women’s lacrosse is now, there really isn’t any place to go after graduation other than a gimmick venture.

On another note, it was great to see the players so fired up. They haven’t lost their passion for the game or the thrill of battle. These two teams may very well meet for the final.

I liked the Japanese officials crew. They didn’t take no guff, they didn’t take no lip. I appreciated their emphatic directives.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Louisville's Hannah Morris creates a better angle for herself

All the years of sitting under the excellent and encyclopedic knowledge of the sport of one Sheehan Stanwick Burch, I recognized Morris improving her angle by her steps to the right on this free position goal. I would have never picked up on that if it weren't for the one and only SSB. DeCecco didn't mention it during the broadcast. Not to say DeCecco didn't have a great game. She did. She is also an encyclopedia of knowledge and observation. Absolute pleasure to listen to. Joe does a great job on play-by-play as well.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Charlotte North - A Cut Above

There were many great players for the USA and Canada last night, but The Great One was clearly distinct from the rest. I don’t know if there is any trash talking out on the lacrosse field but there should be where Charlotte North is concerned. *There was a moment in the 1985 NBA finals when Cedric Maxwell told James Worthy, “You can’t guard me.” It was a game in which Maxwell scored at will with Worthy defending him. North could say that to so many of her defenders when she gets the ball—“You can’t guard me.” This goal is a perfect example, and also a very clear demonstration that North is equally dangerous from the right or left, in spite of some erroneous reports that she is limited going to her left.

* Link with story: https://youtu.be/JYAYKNQyeYY

edit: added link to "You can't guard me" story
Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Many Nations

So cool to see all the different teams and cultures and countries represented during the opening ceremonies:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfaKZsKA ... MyMTA2M2Y=
OuttaNowhereWregget

Schedule for Team USA

OuttaNowhereWregget

BC Eagles shine in opener

The trio of Eagles combined for eight goals and an assist in the 16-11 win for Team USA.

Charlotte ➡️ 4 goals
Sam ➡️ 3 goals
Dempsey ➡️ 1 goal/1 assist

https://twitter.com/bcwlax/status/15425 ... 11072?s=21
OuttaNowhereWregget

Israel’s page in championship program

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”