2022--The Season in Review

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Gretchen

Re: 2022--The Season in Review

Post by Gretchen »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:02 pm Yes— I considered using the word great but then I thought the three losses to North Carolina were very disappointing. What word would you use?
Great. Not as great as UNC but still great. But, for some (and I'm not saying you're one of them), there's only one great and everyone else is good or less.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Gretchen wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:05 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:02 pm Yes— I considered using the word great but then I thought the three losses to North Carolina were very disappointing. What word would you use?
Great. Not as great as UNC but still great. But, for some (and I'm not saying you're one of them), there's only one great and everyone else is good or less.
I hear you—and I don’t disagree with your assessment.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I wrote this less than a month ago. It bears repeating.
njbill wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:53 am
I don’t keep track of all of his inappropriate posts directed at me, but ONW has personally attacked me many times over the past couple of years, including comparing me to Hitler and the Nazis last June (later deleted but up long enough for me to see it). I reported that to admin in a public post, but nothing was done. Many of his posts have been reported by other posters, both on the public forum and privately to admin, yet he was only suspended once.

When a fairly large number of people from a wide geographic area who don’t know each other reach the same general conclusion about one poster, that’s pretty compelling evidence as to who is right and who is wrong here.

Admin, you say Fanlax is like a party. Well, when one party guest engages in inappropriate behavior, you first ask them to stop. Maybe you ask a second time. But at some point – when the behavior continues despite the requests – you ask the guest to leave. If he won’t leave, you call the cops. And this poster is not just “unpopular” to use your word. He is well beyond that. He is disrupting the party on a regular basis and spoiling the party for the rest of the guests.

While not all of his posts are objectionable, he posts so much that the raw number and regularity of his offensive posts really takes its toll on the Women's board. ONW has been engaging in the type of behavior many (the majority?) of posters on the Women’s board object to for a long time (definitely more than a year). I called out his behavior in strong terms in my “departure” post last June. And I wasn’t the first to do so by any means. He has been asked by a number of different posters a number of times to cool it, to stop with the incendiary posts, to stop the trolling. Basically to stop being a boorish party guest. His response invariably is that he can post whatever he wants. If you don’t like it, don’t read his posts, put him on ignore, report him to admin. Blah, blah, blah.

Some of the posts ONW recently reported to admin had called him out for his regular trolling. Admin issued warnings in a couple of those instances. Yet at least twice in the last year or two, ONW has acknowledged that he trolls.

I believe it was some time last spring (no, I’m not going to search his thousands of posts to find the specific one) in which he acknowledged (I’m paraphrasing) that he at times intentionally posts things to provoke, aggravate, and annoy other posters. To me, that is the definition of trolling and an admission that he trolls.

On July 20, 2021 at 3:37 p.m. in his own thread on the Penalty Box board, ONW said:
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:37 pm Right off the top—I would like to say that I deserve to be in the penalty box for all the trolling I’ve done over the years, and in particular the one I pulled today.

First, I want to apologize to admin and Matnum PI. They have better things to do than to police my childish behavior.

DMac, seacoaster, 8meterPA, Bart, TL, MDlaxfan76 and anyone else I have ticked off with my self-indulgent trolling and for being a general all-around capital A A-hole.
So there you have it. ONW admits he trolls.

BTW, his above post is one example of his several “contrition” posts in which he promises to do better, to stop trolling, etc. But as surely as the swallows return to San Juan Capistrano every spring, he reverts to his old ways. Time and time again.

Some of admin’s recent warnings not to engage in personal attacks or not to trash posters have been precipitated by ONW’s reporting of posts calling him out for trolling (using that word).

Here is the key point I wish to make: I don’t think it is attacking or trashing someone to call them a troll when that poster, himself, says he is a troll. If I tell someone I’m a big fat slob, that person isn’t attacking or trashing me if they call me a big fat slob. That’s just common sense. Basic logic. Basic human psychology. Or at a minimum, that person has waived the right to object to a characterization he, himself, acknowledges is accurate.
Again, calling someone a troll who, himself, admits he’s a troll is not a “personal attack.” It is simply repeating back what the poster has expressly said he is, using his own word.

Last year this guy compared me to Hitler and the Nazis. Recently, he called me a liar. He did not get a suspension, let alone a warning, for either.

Nothing seems to work with this guy. He continues to commit "crimes" while the innocent get punished.
OuttaNowhereWregget

My rebuttal to these slanderous lies also warrants repeating.

viewtopic.php?p=379401#p379401
njbill

Post by njbill »

You might want to learn the definition of "big" words before you use them.

Oh, and yet another personal attack.
OuttaNowhereWregget

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:29 pm You might want to learn the definition of "big" words before you use them.

No, Bill – I’m responding to your personal attack – not initiating one. That’s a very important distinction.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:02 pm
Gretchen wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:55 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:50 amOverall, a good year for the Eagles...
Good?!
Yes— I considered using the word great but then I thought the three losses to North Carolina were very disappointing. What word would you use?
And the loss to Duke! Don’t forget that one ! Which - I don’t get I mean you have the “transcendent player - best of all time” “ better than any male or female player out there “ how do you lose 4 games ? And two games decided by 1 goal. I don’t understand how that happens ?
Last edited by Laxfan500 on Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:29 pm You might want to learn the definition of "big" words before you use them.

Just educating myself....not getting involved in the argument...

From thebusinesslitigators.com

"Libel and slander are types of defamatory statements. Libel is a defamatory statement that is written. Slander is a defamatory statement that is oral. At common law, libel and slander were analyzed under different sets of standards, with libel recognized as the more serious wrong"
njbill

Post by njbill »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:55 pm

"Libel and slander are types of defamatory statements. Libel is a defamatory statement that is written. Slander is a defamatory statement that is oral. At common law, libel and slander were analyzed under different sets of standards, with libel recognized as the more serious wrong"
That's right. Written statements on the forum are not slanderous. He has misused the word at least several times and not just as to me.
Bart

Post by Bart »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:36 pm Jesus, Mary, & sweet suffering Joseph that penalty on DMac is weak
+1. Kind of a head scratcher.
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

:lol: agree!
wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:36 pm Jesus, Mary, & sweet suffering Joseph that penalty on DMac is weak
OuttaNowhereWregget

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:39 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:55 pm

That's right. Written statements on the forum are not slanderous. He has misused the word at least several times and not just as to me.
From Websters encyclopedic unabridged dictionary:

Slander –1. Defamation; calumny. 2. A malicious, false and defamatory statement or report. 3. Law. defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.

This is a public forum of anonymous members. I’m not using it in a legal sense. Its legal importance isn’t highlighted till the 3rd definition. The first two mention nothing of the method employed to slander.

Defamation-- the action of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel.
Calumny— the making of false and defamatory statements about someone in order to damage their reputation; slander.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Just stop. You are using the word incorrectly. Slander involves an ORAL defamatory statement.

And stop with the personal attacks, such as accusing me of lying and "slander." Even though you are misusing the word, your intention is clear.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Syracuse over the last two seasons has been snake-bitten. Injuries have killed them. And yet you had to give it to them last year for overcoming all the way to the final. This season was much different. The injuries were damaging as they were the year before, but some of the games were baffling in how the team showed or didn’t show.

They had some solid wins to start the season (Stanford, Stony Brook, Notre Dame, Duke, Loyola) but then the trend went Mr. Hyde. The Orange started to have trouble closing games and sometimes lost them. The big problem started when they began losing to teams they should have easily beaten, like Virginia in the opening round of the ACC Tournament. And then just plain not showing up for large portions of games, like the losses to Florida during the regular season and Northwestern in the NCAA QF. Treanor’s inexperience showed at times, like when she inserted backup GK Van Middelem in the NCAA first round game vs Fairview and nearly saw the Stags tie the game before escaping with a 1 goal win. Still this team won 15 games and beat some good teams along the way. Best wins were Stony Brook, Loyola, Duke; and Princeton in the Sweet Sixteen.

OuttaNowhereWregget

The North Carolina Tar Heels beat all comers in '22, including the defending champion BC Eagles who they dispatched three times to establish themselves as the elite team when all was said and done. To go undefeated from Opening Day to Championship Weekend as a member of the ACC is a remarkable accomplishment. They answered every question and erased every painful loss to BC in the previous years. They dismissed all who tried to derail them with the casual laugh of a couple of teenagers.

Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:48 am The North Carolina Tar Heels beat all comers in '22, including the defending champion BC Eagles who they dispatched three times to establish themselves as the elite team when all was said and done. To go undefeated from Opening Day to Championship Weekend as a member of the ACC is a remarkable accomplishment. They answered every question and erased every painful loss to BC in the previous years. They dismissed all who tried to derail them with the casual laugh of a couple of teenagers.

Yes, despite playing against the greatest player of all time who couldn’t get it done against unc. Thank god we don’t have to hear about them “choking” this year .
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Bart wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:04 pm
I am starting to think that the [redacted] is actually also the admin in addition to all of his other monikers.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Bart

Post by Bart »

@inthe8m wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:26 am
I am starting to think that the [redacted] is actually also the admin in addition to all of his other monikers.
or an in-law :lol: :lol:

really doesn't matter. its admins sandbox. their sandbox, their rules and ruling........
OuttaNowhereWregget

Bart wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:45 am
@inthe8m wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:26 am
or an in-law :lol: :lol:

really doesn't matter. its admins sandbox. His sandbox, his rules and ruling........
Thank goodness for admin. He keeps this place running like a top while keeping us all in line. Long may he rule. Long may he reign.

Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:02 pm
Gretchen wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:55 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:50 amOverall, a good year for the Eagles...
Good?!
Yes— I considered using the word great but then I thought the three losses to North Carolina were very disappointing. What word would you use?
To be fair, BC was very good and on a different year they win the championship. They just happened to face a historically good UNC team

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”