Rookie of the Year

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Rookie of the Year

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Stanford's red shirt attacker Ashley Humphrey is having a great 1st season on the field for the Cardinal. She leads her team in points with 78 (next closest has 52). She leads the nation in assists with 55 (next closest has 34). Some highlights from her stat line through 13 games:

23 Goals 55 Assists 14 GB's 6 CT's 5 DC's

She's got to be one of the front runners for rookie of the year in '22.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Rookie of the Year

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Florida’s Emma LoPinto. Certainly a candidate...

Old Bay addict

Post by Old Bay addict »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:15 am Stanford's red shirt attacker Ashley Humphrey is having a great 1st season on the field for the Cardinal. She leads her team in points with 78 (next closest has 52). She leads the nation in assists with 55 (next closest has 34). Some highlights from her stat line through 13 games:

I’m betting She’ll be at Carolina next year with her older sister, then the younger sister heads to Chapel Hill the year after
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Old Bay addict wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:17 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:15 am Stanford's red shirt attacker Ashley Humphrey is having a great 1st season on the field for the Cardinal. She leads her team in points with 78 (next closest has 52). She leads the nation in assists with 55 (next closest has 34). Some highlights from her stat line through 13 games:

I’m betting She’ll be at Carolina next year with her older sister, then the younger sister heads to Chapel Hill the year after

^ + 1
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:55 pm

^ + 1

No disrespect to WITW or Old Bay addict, SCREW THAT! I hope she stays at Stanford and helps them get into the top 10. Ashley Humphrey has carved out a nice role for herself at Palo Alto. I don't care what her sisters do! If they like Chapel Hill, great. However, I'm not wishing to see another 'Rich get Richer' thing.
The only way that the game will continue to grow is from spreading the talent around and better teaching of undeveloped or underdeveloped talent. AND Academically...I'm not leaving Stanford for UNC!
laxstan8

Post by laxstan8 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:22 am

^ + 1

No disrespect to WITW or Old Bay addict, SCREW THAT! I hope she stays at Stanford and helps them get into the top 10. Ashley Humphrey has carved out a nice role for herself at Palo Alto. I don't care what her sisters do! If they like Chapel Hill, great. However, I'm not wishing to see another 'Rich get Richer' thing.
The only way that the game will continue to grow is from spreading the talent around and better teaching of undeveloped or underdeveloped talent. AND Academically...I'm not leaving Stanford for UNC!
I also don't see Ashley leaving Stanford. She chose it for a reason. Her older sister was already committed to UNC when Ashley made her decision; If she wanted to play with her in college, she would have. Of course feelings change, but I really don't see her leaving, especially after the record-breaking season she just had.
laxmommy09

Post by laxmommy09 »

Rachel Clark. UVA had a very, very good freshman season. led in goals and points with a 54% shot percent.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

laxmommy09 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:36 pm Rachel Clark. UVA had a very, very good freshman season. led in goals and points with a 54% shot percent.
Yes, she’d be my ROTY.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

laxmommy09 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:36 pm Rachel Clark. UVA had a very, very good freshman season. led in goals and points with a 54% shot percent.

Rachel had a terrific Rookie season. Just very solid and steady. Makes very few mistakes and has a very strong Lax IQ.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Big Rachel Clark fan as well. Easily the most talented player UVA has. but i don't see her winning it because her team was pretty bad. I see Humphrey as the front runner, LoPinto second, Brooklyn Walker-Welch third. Humphrey has insane vision. she reminds me alot of Katie Hoeg with her passing ability. I think she sticks with stanford but they have GOT to get better..at times it was a one woman show with her carrying that team. she was decked out in carolina gear at the final four. sure you can say it was to support her sister but she's always had very pro UNC leanings. The entire Humphrey family does. Another 2 years of mediocrity she's off to UNC, especially when hotshot baby sister arrives on campus and starts whispering in her ear.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:22 am

^ + 1

I am with you on this. Stanford has a lot of young talent around AH and it will be interesting to watch it develop over the next three years.

But, it would be interesting if AH transferred to UNC because Levy would then have to figure out what to do with the Michael Jordan of wlax because AH is a better RH crease player and would really excel as an X crease player.

FTR, the 2022 Rookie of the Year was Ashley Humphrey and it was not even close.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

"FTR, the 2022 Rookie of the Year was Ashley Humphrey and it was not even close."

Als sprach Zarathustra!! I am not anyone's Dad or Uncle or former coach. But I watched a lot of lacrosse this year. And I really liked Humphrey's game. She scored 30 plus goals and 80 plus assists, against good competition riddled with some teams that were, well, not as competitive. Clark played against what I think was probably better competition, scored over 50 goals and -- without looking -- probably had 10 to 20 assists. So I actually (don't care who the ROTY is, but) think that Clark has a real case for the faux award we are talking about. In any case, both terrific players.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:34 pm "FTR, the 2022 Rookie of the Year was Ashley Humphrey and it was not even close."

Als sprach Zarathustra!! I am not anyone's Dad or Uncle or former coach. But I watched a lot of lacrosse this year. And I really liked Humphrey's game. She scored 30 plus goals and 80 plus assists, against good competition riddled with some teams that were, well, not as competitive. Clark played against what I think was probably better competition, scored over 50 goals and -- without looking -- probably had 10 to 20 assists. So I actually (don't care who the ROTY is, but) think that Clark has a real case for the faux award we are talking about. In any case, both terrific players.
You know, I never really noticed it before, but I am mildly surprised the IWLCA doesn't have ROY as a major award.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:39 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:34 pm "FTR, the 2022 Rookie of the Year was Ashley Humphrey and it was not even close."

You know, I never really noticed it before, but I am mildly surprised the IWLCA doesn't have ROY as a major award.
I think ILW is the only one who selects a rookie of the year
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:55 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:39 pm

I think ILW is the only one who selects a rookie of the year
Yeah, I knew there was a media award for ROY. I imagine it's tough to select, not a big deal though

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”