D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Drexel

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Drexel releases 2022 schedule

OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Drexel

Fairly difficult schedule for Drexel with Penn State, Navy, JHU, Penn, Florida and Denver outside the CAA. Even Wagner, SDSU and Dartmouth are decent challenges. Making an investment in RPI no doubt. Dividends should be favorable for a ticket to the dance if they hold their own. An upgrade from last years schedule (see below):

Delco Transplant

Post by Delco Transplant »

Thanks for posting. So far, the only other DI women's lacrosse schedules I've seen posted are for:
Are you aware of any others? Thanks
OuttaNowhereWregget

Delco Transplant wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:16 am Thanks for posting. So far, the only other DI women's lacrosse schedules I've seen posted are for:
Are you aware of any others? Thanks
Yes—Towson, Villanova and Delaware have also released theirs. There may be others. I wasn’t aware of Manhattan’s so thanks for that.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Little peek at Drexel’s practice schedule...

OuttaNowhereWregget

In the spiffy new Game Program for the 2022 NCAA Tournament, (link at bottom of page) the Drexel Dragons are featured on page 10. And there on the far right, resplendent in yellow, is head coach Kim Hillier. Yet assistant coach Alyssa Guido got the Gatorade shower after Drexel won their first CAA conference championship this past weekend--Hillier was and has been absent from the sidelines for weeks now. Obviously I don't know all the details, but I do know that I resent the way the powers that be are handling things. Coach Hillier is worthy of being in the official team picture for the official NCAA program but not worthy of being on the sidelines or allowed to function as a head coach? I think it stinks--hanging her out to dry the way they have. The whole situation reeks of a combination of Kid Gloves and/or Cover Your Tuchus. Whatever the explanation--I don't appreciate the way it's being handled.

https://www.ncaa.com/DIWomensLacrosse?_ ... 1651575865
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

I guess I don't understand why you say and think anyone was "hung out to dry" or that there is a CYA of some sort happening. What facts do you -- any of us -- know that suggest she was improperly terminated from this endowed coaching position? I'm not saying, mind you, that there is or is not any of that. I just wonder if there is a real life factual predicate for your apparent ire about this situation.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:39 am I guess I don't understand why you say and think anyone was "hung out to dry" or that there is a CYA of some sort happening. What facts do you -- any of us -- know that suggest she was improperly terminated from this endowed coaching position? I'm not saying, mind you, that there is or is not any of that. I just wonder if there is a real life factual predicate for your apparent ire about this situation.
There were a number of cryptic posts on this very forum weeks ago suggesting that.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:55 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:39 am I guess I don't understand why you say and think anyone was "hung out to dry" or that there is a CYA of some sort happening. What facts do you -- any of us -- know that suggest she was improperly terminated from this endowed coaching position? I'm not saying, mind you, that there is or is not any of that. I just wonder if there is a real life factual predicate for your apparent ire about this situation.
There were a number of cryptic posts on this very forum weeks ago suggesting that.
Understood and exactly: cryptic posts. Largely fact-free. So I just wonder why this reaction, which appears to suggest that the program and Drexel administration has done something wrong? I don't know if it had good cause to separate her from her duties or not.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:06 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:55 am
Understood and exactly: cryptic posts. Largely fact-free. So I just wonder why this reaction, which appears to suggest that the program and Drexel administration has done something wrong? I don't know if it had good cause to separate her from her duties or not.
Kim has not been "hung out to dry" in any way, shape or form. If anything Drexel has done her a HUGE favor keeping the details of what happened quiet to this point. She is not in "limbo". Her situation was self-inflicted and I'm not sure why you keep harping on this when you have no idea what happened.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

hmmm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:02 am Kim has not been "hung out to dry" in any way, shape or form. If anything Drexel has done her a HUGE favor keeping the details of what happened quiet to this point. She is not in "limbo". Her situation was self-inflicted and I'm not sure why you keep harping on this when you have no idea what happened.
Yes, it does seem Drexel is doing her a huge favor by keeping it quiet and saying Hillier is away from the team for "personal reasons" - not indicating who's personal reasons. I imagine Hillier will resurface as an assistant somewhere and Drexel will find themselves a new coach.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
mdlaxfan

Post by mdlaxfan »

@inthe8m wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:22 am
hmmm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:02 am Kim has not been "hung out to dry" in any way, shape or form. If anything Drexel has done her a HUGE favor keeping the details of what happened quiet to this point. She is not in "limbo". Her situation was self-inflicted and I'm not sure why you keep harping on this when you have no idea what happened.
Yes, it does seem Drexel is doing her a huge favor by keeping it quiet and saying Hillier is away from the team for "personal reasons" - not indicating who's personal reasons. I imagine Hillier will resurface as an assistant somewhere and Drexel will find themselves a new coach.
If there's anyone that deserves sympathy, it's the assistant coaches and players. They've had to finish the season without a head coach and still managed to find themselves in the tournament. Hats off to them!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

mdlaxfan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:33 am
@inthe8m wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:22 am
If there's anyone that deserves sympathy, it's the assistant coaches and players. They've had to finish the season without a head coach and still managed to find themselves in the tournament. Hats off to them!
+1. Absolutely.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

And to add to this, these assistant coaches aren’t getting any credit for the success. There was one article yesterday that referenced Joe and Kim going head-to-head. I understand the situation isn’t public knowledge so they wouldn’t proactively address it but I would have thought leaving out that line would have been a better option!!

Stony Brook earned the No. 8 national seed for the second year in a row and will play Drexel in the first round. That means Joe Spallina and former associate head coach Kim Hillier, now the coach of the Dragons, will go head-to-head at LaValle Stadium in Stony Brook
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

laxlaxlax wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:41 am And to add to this, these assistant coaches aren’t getting any credit for the success. There was one article yesterday that referenced Joe and Kim going head-to-head. I understand the situation isn’t public knowledge so they wouldn’t proactively address it but I would have thought leaving out that line would have been a better option!!

Stony Brook earned the No. 8 national seed for the second year in a row and will play Drexel in the first round. That means Joe Spallina and former associate head coach Kim Hillier, now the coach of the Dragons, will go head-to-head at LaValle Stadium in Stony Brook
But, it is public knowledge as the announcers have mentioned that Kim Hillier is not with the team for "personal reasons" during Drexel's recent games. It was very clearly mentioned during the CAA Championship.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
OuttaNowhereWregget

As all the posts regarding coach Hillier have been cryptic thus far, I’ll just say, in keeping with that tradition, that I have my reasons for writing what I wrote. I don’t back down from or qualify one word of what I posted this morning. But I will add—it wouldn’t be the first time a university has failed a coach.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:34 pm As all the posts regarding coach Hillier have been cryptic thus far, I’ll just say, in keeping with that tradition, that I have my reasons for writing what I wrote. I don’t back down from or qualify one word of what I posted this morning. But I will add—it wouldn’t be the first time a university has failed a coach.
Suffice to say, you missed the point.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:02 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:34 pm As all the posts regarding coach Hillier have been cryptic thus far, I’ll just say, in keeping with that tradition, that I have my reasons for writing what I wrote. I don’t back down from or qualify one word of what I posted this morning. But I will add—it wouldn’t be the first time a university has failed a coach.
Okay—I’ll bite. What is the point you think I missed?
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:31 pm
The point is you have no idea what you're talking about. So why interject yourself constantly into the situation. The posts are cryptic because it's none of your or anyone else's damn business. If it was, it would be publicized. So I don't know if you're just fishing for the story or what, but trust me, of all the people involved in this situation KH is the least of whom has been harmed in this. And considering her actions are responsible for the situation that's a shame.
OuttaNowhereWregget

hmmm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:43 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:31 pm
The point is you have no idea what you're talking about. So why interject yourself constantly into the situation. The posts are cryptic because it's none of your or anyone else's damn business. If it was, it would be publicized. So I don't know if you're just fishing for the story or what, but trust me, of all the people involved in this situation KH is the least of whom has been harmed in this. And considering her actions are responsible for the situation that's a shame.
If the story is emphatically none of anyone's business, then why did you publicize it on these boards in the first place? I wasn't the only one who challenged your story when you posted it at the time. Truth is, you have no idea what I know or where I'm coming from, but that's okay--I'm not compelled to explain myself to you or anyone else. I stand by what I wrote.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”