Xavier Musketeers

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Xavier Musketeers

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

A recent recruit for Xavier. The Musketeers are in the earliest stages of building a women's lacrosse program. So now we'll have two teams playing out of Evanston. Based in Cincinnati, Xavier will begin playing NCAA D1 lacrosse as an independent in 2023 before competing in the Big East for 2024. I'm guessing they'll play nearby teams like Cincinnati, Ohio State, Vanderbilt and Louisville perhaps. Informative paragraph from the team website:

"Xavier will join Butler, Connecticut, Georgetown, Marquette, Villanova and affiliate member Denver as women's lacrosse-playing members of the BIG EAST Conference. Women's lacrosse, which plays its championship season in the spring, will compete in BIG EAST Conference play beginning in the Spring of 2024. There are currently 524 NCAA women's lacrosse programs, including 117 in NCAA Division I, and the list is growing. The Ohio High School Athletic Association sponsored women's lacrosse beginning in 2017 and now there are more than 130 programs statewide."

(Italics mine for emphasis.)

Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Xavier Women's Lacrosse

Building the first team on signing day. Each square denotes eleven different players signed. Inaugural game for the Musketeers only 15 months from now.

Good announcement article as well:

https://goxavier.com/news/2021/5/16/ath ... rosse.aspx
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Xavier Women's Lacrosse

Sam Herman announced as assistant coach for Xavier.

https://goxavier.com/news/2022/3/24/wom ... coach.aspx
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Xavier Musketeers

Missed this when it was released. Meg Decker will be the head coach for the Musketeers. Next year they will play as independents and the year after a full fledged member of the Big East.

https://goxavier.com/news/2021/7/12/wom ... ogram.aspx
OuttaNowhereWregget

Xavier Musketeers add grad transfers

Women’s Lacrosse Adds Halloran, Harrison as Graduate Transfers
Xavier opens its inaugural season in the spring of 2023

By: Xavier Athletics
FALL SIGNING CLASS RELEASE
CINCINNATI - Xavier head women's lacrosse coach Meg Decker has added two graduate transfers to her inaugural signing class.

Decker added Jessica Harrison, a 5'11 attacker from Fort Collins, Colo./Hartford and Riley Halloran, a 6'0 attacker from Houston, Texas/Vermont to the 2022-2023 roster.

Harrison played in every game during her three year career at Hartford, scoring 31 goals and adding two assists. The midfielder had her best and final season in spring of 2021 as she scored a team-high 20 goals in the conference-only play of 9 games. Harrison increased her points per game by 255% from her freshman year to her junior year. Hartford did not compete as a program this spring and Harrison spent her spring studying abroad in South Africa. A strong all-around player, Harrison's final season placed her in the top three on the team in goals, points, caused turnovers, draw controls, and free position goals. Decker expects her to make a strong impact on the offensive side of the ball for the Musketeers.

"Jess is the definition of growth mindset. She is the player you cross your fingers and hope you get to coach. She is smart and strong, fierce and kind, and unapologetically her most authentic self. It has been an honor watching Jess grow from a high schooler into the young woman she has become. She has tackled life head on, much like she does on the field. I can always count on Jess to go the extra mile for the greater good. I am really looking forward to her sense of humor, her love of the game, and her contagious energy joining us on Victory Parkway this fall." – Coach Decker

Halloran came into her collegiate career as a two-time Under Armour All-American and graduates Vermont as an America East Champion and team captain for the Catamounts. A true leader, Halloran was selected to wear the commemorative jersey of legendary UVM Alum, Vanessa Cox, for this year's annual memorial game. The attacker led the Catamounts to a 14-5 record and an American East Tournament Title in the spring of 2022. The conference title and the automatic NCAA Tournament berth were the first in program history.

"From her freshman year to her senior year, Riley increased her offensive output by a mind-blowing 4800%. The prime example of a player who soaked in every bit of knowledge available to her, Halloran's lacrosse IQ and innate leadership ability were the true differentiators in the story of her career. 99 out of 100 players in her shoes would have settled into the background and given up on their potential, but not Riley. She's a fighter. And she does it strategically, not recklessly. I have admired her growth and rise as a player in the America East and I am truly looking forward to her leadership and intelligence making an impact here on Victory Parkway." – Coach Decker

Harrison and Halloran are the first of Decker's graduate additions for the inaugural team this fall. Coach Decker and Xavier Lacrosse are looking forward to welcoming more graduate and transfer additions throughout this summer.

https://goxavier.com/news/2022/5/27/wom ... sfers.aspx
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:24 am Missed this when it was released. Meg Decker will be the head coach for the Musketeers. Next year they will play as independents and the year after a full fledged member of the Big East.

So you missed something that was announced 330 days ago and you felt it was necessary to post it again just in case the rest of us missed it too? Perfectly normal thing to be doing at 6:30 am I guess.
iloovzelax

Post by iloovzelax »

Dear Admin,

I have a suggestion. Please consider setting a limit on daily posts per user. As a post gets replied to, that users count gets reset or reduced accordingly. That would cap gratuitous posts, while allowing for continued posting in conversations etc...

Then we would all look forward to reading everyday, and would stop avoiding conversations which always have the same most recent author!
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:17 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:24 am Missed this when it was released. Meg Decker will be the head coach for the Musketeers. Next year they will play as independents and the year after a full fledged member of the Big East.

So you missed something that was announced 330 days ago and you felt it was necessary to post it again just in case the rest of us missed it too? Perfectly normal thing to be doing at 6:30 am I guess.
FWIW the the board did not miss it. It was discussed in the Coaching Carousel thread in July 2021 :lol:

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=277827#p277827

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”