2022 Women’s Lacrosse World Championship

D1 Womens Lacrosse
@inthe8m

Re: 2022 Women’s Lacrosse World Championship

Post by @inthe8m »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:10 pm Can Man, you crack me up. :lol: I am so far inside your head I know you better than you know yourself. You just spent an hour of your day devoted to me. I'm so honored. But you did miss a few. Try to do better.

Since you enjoy my comments on North so much, here's another one for you.

Did you notice in the first half of the game the other night when she went rogue and turned into me-first Charlotte? She scored, but her senior teammates, instead of hugging her as normally occurs after a goal, clearly were chastising her for selfish play. And then the coaches took her out shortly thereafter.

I hope that doesn't make your head explode since I'm inside it. :lol:
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:55 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:52 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:39 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:09 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:16 am
laxagainsthumanity wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:52 pm seems like a lovely person.
Multiple posters have claimed on these boards that North is all about herself and cares not one whit for her teammates. The parents of certain players can't stand her. And other unflattering remarks have also been alleged about her. Far from a lovely person one might conclude after reading such comments.

Here she can't contain her joy when teammate Jenn Medjid scores against Loyola in the NCAA QF. North had nothing to do with the goal yet she is seen here leaping in celebration. Doesn't fit the narrative that North is a selfish person/teammate.

And here: the next generation loves North. One might say they idolize her.

I greatly admire Charlotte North. She has persevered through much in her life. She has been an electrifying player to watch over the years. I'm glad I was paying attention for her whole career, even back in the Duke days.

What exactly has she had to persevere through? Please cite some examples….
ONW I’m still waiting for what exactly North has to “persevere through much of her life”. Please clarify . Sounds like quite a lot.
She was from Texas; that's always hard.
Thoughts & prayers
I just spit my water out hahah
I’m trying to give ONW the benefit of the doubt because it sounds like he has a lot of insight into what North has had to persevere. Otherwise , you know, he’s just making up Sh*+. to 1.) make himself sound important or/and 2.) continue to anoint a very good player with Jesus type status …..because he is fixated with her.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:06 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:55 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:52 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:39 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:09 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:16 am
laxagainsthumanity wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:52 pm seems like a lovely person.
Multiple posters have claimed on these boards that North is all about herself and cares not one whit for her teammates. The parents of certain players can't stand her. And other unflattering remarks have also been alleged about her. Far from a lovely person one might conclude after reading such comments.

Here she can't contain her joy when teammate Jenn Medjid scores against Loyola in the NCAA QF. North had nothing to do with the goal yet she is seen here leaping in celebration. Doesn't fit the narrative that North is a selfish person/teammate.

And here: the next generation loves North. One might say they idolize her.

I greatly admire Charlotte North. She has persevered through much in her life. She has been an electrifying player to watch over the years. I'm glad I was paying attention for her whole career, even back in the Duke days.

What exactly has she had to persevere through? Please cite some examples….
ONW I’m still waiting for what exactly North has to “persevere through much of her life”. Please clarify . Sounds like quite a lot.
She was from Texas; that's always hard.
Thoughts & prayers
I just spit my water out hahah
I’m trying to give ONW the benefit of the doubt because it sounds like he has a lot of insight into what North has had to persevere. Otherwise , you know, he’s just making up Sh*+. to 1.) make himself sound important or/and 2.) continue to anoint a very good player with Jesus type status …..because he is fixated with her.
Hahaha I meant it as poking fun at Texas in general not specifically CN so hopefully I won’t be crucified for it
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:10 pm Can Man, you crack me up. :lol: I am so far inside your head I know you better than you know yourself. You just spent an hour of your day devoted to me. I'm so honored. But you did miss a few. Try to do better.

Since you enjoy my comments on North so much, here's another one for you.

Did you notice in the first half of the game the other night when she went rogue and turned into me-first Charlotte? She scored, but her senior teammates, instead of hugging her as normally occurs after a goal, clearly were chastising her for selfish play. And then the coaches took her out shortly thereafter.

I hope that doesn't make your head explode since I'm inside it. :lol:
Once again, an ad hominem attack rather than showing the courage and honesty to address a straightforward question: Why does an otherwise intelligent older man dedicate so much of his time criticizing a young woman who is a role model to thousands? Standing by.

While I'm waiting, I'd be happy to fact check your vague statement about "the game the other night" if you'd like to provide a video link and time to CN's transgression. Your last hot take about shooting "directly into the goalie's stick" turned out to be just another episode in your reign of error.
njbill

Post by njbill »

And the king of the ad hominem attacks responds. :roll:

I don't like the way she plays the game, which, BTW, I have told you before. Maybe write it down this time, fellow old man.

I'm sure your fellow Beanite is on it.

Uh, fumble CO. The video doesn't lie, as numerous posters pointed out.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:36 pm And the king of the ad hominem attacks responds. :roll:

I don't like the way she plays the game, which, BTW, I have told you before. Maybe write it down this time, fellow old man.

There are literally more than 1,000 women in Division 1 lacrosse who are not as talented as CN. Why don't you dedicate hours of your time to criticizing them? Wouldn't they benefit more from your wisdom? "I don't like the way she plays the game" would explain why someone would take a couple of pot shots at a player, not the near obsessive criticism of one of the best players in the game. So I'll ask again: What is your true motivation for the non-stop CN criticism?

Still waiting on the video and time stamp from "the other night." Do you mean the AU game? The UNC game? The game you set up on the dining room table with Barbie dolls?

I guess I must have recovered my own fumble because you were already forced to amend and correct your original take on shooting directly into the goalie's stick.
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=3589&p=379208&hil ... ly#p379208
njbill

Post by njbill »

Oh, OK. I added "nearly." It wasn't headed towards the upper 90 as you initially suggested. Nowhere near.

Now that we are question and answer buddies, do you agree it was a poorly placed shot?

Asked and answered as they say in my old profession.

Yes, it was the Barbie doll game.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:53 pm Oh, OK. I added "nearly." It wasn't headed towards the upper 90 as you initially suggested. Nowhere near.

Now that we are question and answer buddies, do you agree it was a poorly placed shot?

For real -- video link?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Can Opener wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:48 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:36 pm And the king of the ad hominem attacks responds. :roll:

There are literally more than 1,000 women in Division 1 lacrosse who are not as talented as CN. Why don't you dedicate hours of your time to criticizing them? Wouldn't they benefit more from your wisdom? "I don't like the way she plays the game" would explain why someone would take a couple of pot shots at a player, not the near obsessive criticism of one of the best players in the game. So I'll ask again: What is your true motivation for the non-stop CN criticism?

Still waiting on the video and time stamp from "the other night." Do you mean the AU game? The UNC game? The game you set up on the dining room table with Barbie dolls?

I guess I must have recovered my own fumble because you were already forced to amend and correct your original take on shooting directly into the goalie's stick.
“There are literally more than 1,000 women in Division 1 lacrosse who are not as talented as CN.“ what a Dumbass comment
njbill

Post by njbill »

Can Opener wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:59 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:53 pm Oh, OK. I added "nearly." It wasn't headed towards the upper 90 as you initially suggested. Nowhere near.

For real -- video link?
Just did a google search and couldn't find it. The game was livestreamed. Don't know if the livestream is still available. Maybe someone else can find it.

Did you watch the game?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:04 pm

“There are literally more than 1,000 women in Division 1 lacrosse who are not as talented as CN.“ what a Dumbass comment
As a parent of one of those scrubs, i am disappointed by that statement.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:10 pm
Can Opener wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:59 pm

For real -- video link?
Just did a google search and couldn't find it. The game was livestreamed. Don't know if the livestream is still available. Maybe someone else can find it.

Did you watch the game?
Ask onw, i am sure he has it
Bart

Post by Bart »

Gotta agree with that one. Kind of a ridiculous statement
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Bart wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:54 pm

Odd point to latch onto, but OK. Nibble at the edges all you'd like. Should I assume from your silence on my main point that you folks don't really support NJB in his unrelenting criticism of CN? Does anyone have the courage and honesty to step up and say publicly (anonymously) something like: "Hey Bill, we generally appreciate your takes, but you do seem to go a little too far in your criticism of this player."

Larry? 500? Bart? Doc? Phan? This stuff cool with you to relentlessly criticize a young woman? Is a 20-1 ratio of negative-positive posts about the player twice voted the best in the college game a good representation of her accomplishments? If she were your daughter, would you remain silent and and point to the First Amendment? It's a little odd, no?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Can Opener wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:06 pm

Odd point to latch onto, but OK. Nibble at the edges all you'd like. Should I assume from your silence on my main point that you folks don't really support NJB in his unrelenting criticism of CN? Does anyone have the courage and honesty to step up and say publicly (anonymously) something like: "Hey Bill, we generally appreciate your takes, but you do seem to go a little too far in your criticism of this player."

Larry? 500? Bart? Doc? Phan? This stuff cool with you to relentlessly criticize a young woman? Is a 20-1 ratio of negative-positive posts about the player twice voted the best in the college game a good representation of her accomplishments? If she were your daughter, would you remain silent and and point to the First Amendment? It's a little odd, no?
Hers the thing : the above criticisms were over the course of many, many months . Usually in response to come comment about north by you or ONW. She is a polarizing figure who has benefitted tremendously from social media. There are other attributes that she has (I would get crucified here if I came out and said them ) that lends itself to the current lacrosse climate . She is a great shooter and BC is lucky she transferred . I feel that the comments in support of her make her seem like she is the best player to ever walk the earth . When you put those kind of comments out there will prob be blow back from people who do not like facets of her game and feel that she is not deserving of the pedestal she is on. There are a lot of people who feel that she did not deserve the Tewey this year and that adds to discontent and criticism.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Did I criticize Charlotte North? Please let me know as I am unaware of that.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Laxfan500 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:49 pm

Hers the thing : the above criticisms were over the course of many, many months . Usually in response to come comment about north by you or ONW. She is a polarizing figure who has benefitted tremendously from social media. There are other attributes that she has (I would get crucified here if I came out and said them ) that lends itself to the current lacrosse climate . She is a great shooter and BC is lucky she transferred . I feel that the comments in support of her make her seem like she is the best player to ever walk the earth . When you put those kind of comments out there will prob be blow back from people who do not like facets of her game and feel that she is not deserving of the pedestal she is on. There are a lot of people who feel that she did not deserve the Tewey this year and that adds to discontent and criticism.
Fair enough, and I appreciate your measured take. Yes, I get it that ONW and I needle him, but come at us like a spider monkey, don't go after the young woman. Isn't his angst misplaced?

So do you agree with this statement or not? "Hey Bill, we generally appreciate your takes, but you do seem to go a little too far in your criticism of this player." Would his stuff would be OK with you if she were your daughter? You don't have to hate Bill to answer "yes" and "no." Just looking for some honesty.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:56 pm
Did I criticize Charlotte North? Please let me know as I am unaware of that.
No. In fact you have always been on the side of treating young female athletes with respect and courtesy. I know I will embarrass you by association, but you and I have been the two most consistent voices on this point.

I mentioned you in this post because (a) you seemed to respond favorably to someone calling me a dumb ass; and (b) I had hoped you may take a measured stand against Bill's long-running anti-North critiques. Do you think his months of unrelenting criticism go too far?

P.S. I am hopeful that I mis-read you on (a).
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Oh come on. You and I both know the ratio is nowhere near 20-1. And I'll bring it up again...when a zealous fanatic is constantly spamming the boards with over-the-top, hyperbolic, excessive Charlotte North propaganda it is going to get pushback. It is rare that Charlotte North criticism occurs organically on the forum compared to when it comes as a response to the Spamming Zealot. The Zealot can spam away as he pleases, but shouldn't get upset when people disagree with him. That is their right just as much as it is his to post. And again the same posters who disagree with the Zealot have also been plenty complimentary of North. And finally I will say this again: I generally don't think most posters have a problem with North. They have a problem with a specific poster with some inflated opinions about her and accuses anyone who disagrees with him of being jealous.

Bill has stated he doesn't like the way she plays. That's fine. We've all got one or two. I don't like Girardi as a player. She works like a dog, hustles all over the field, is fierce on the draw & on attack, she is very very good, but she fouled out in the losses to Rutgers and UNC on uncontrolled frustration fouls. It did not endear me to her. You and ONW provoking him about it and him defending his position is hardly "unrelenting criticism" IMO.
Bart

Post by Bart »

The takes you brought up took place over two years. So let's just put that out there. Would I make the statements NJB does? No, I try (in vain sometimes) not to criticize players. To be honest, I think this has less to do with CN as a player than push back to her being put on such a high pedestal by a few. So No, I would not say anything because the two parties are just pushing back at each other expecting to get a response...which you are bound to get. The thing is the kid gets caught in the middle. Is NJB at fault? Yes. But are you not as well? Why post this?
Can Opener wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:39 am
njbill wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:25 pm Probably, but let's not forget 2005 and 2015. Stranger things have happened. It only really takes one bad (gold medal) game.
And don’t forget, the USA has handicapped themselves by selecting and starting a player based solely on her social media presence and trick shots. Imagine how much better the team would have done against AU if the queen of Instagram was replaced by someone who could generate more than a measly three goals and an assist. BTW, I trust NJB’s significant other hid all sharp objects when she notched that assist. What did Spallina say again at tryouts?

But what do I know? I’m just a profoundly clueless and relatively ignorant fan of the game.
This lead to a series of reactions. Why the post? I think it got exactly what was expected. I do not have the time or energy to go back and look but I doubt it is the first time this has happened by all parties.

I responded to that post myself, not to the play of MS North but the the pedestal she was placed upon. Sorry but when absolutes are made regarding a single player in a team sport you are going to get blow back.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”