2022 Women’s Lacrosse World Championship

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Japanese National Team

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Louisville’s Kokoro Nakazawa will undoubtedly show her teammates (and opponents) some tricks and skills she learned.

https://twitter.com/worldlax2022/status ... 96289?s=21
Laxfan500

Re: 2022 Women’s Lacrosse World Championship

Post by Laxfan500 »

Kleizaster wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:05 am i looked at team canada's roster and they have some solid players. a few very good players, a bunch of good players, no one elite. They'll probably give USA the toughest game. Team USA is basically an all-star team full of elite superstars. USA could field another 5 teams and they'll all finish 1-5. I'm not saying this to sing USA's praises..i'm saying this because i'm legit scared of what they're gonna do to some of these poor teams. This team feels different..better than years past. Lacrosse is just not that important globally for the international audience to commit the necessary amount of resources to be competitive.
It’s a team of super stars with a lot of hype. Maybe competition was better in years past . I’m still suprised with Ortega accolades and her own coach being on Team USA that she wasn’t chosen. Hendrick is ok but no JO. Going to surmise it was a Spallina move - no love lost there ….regardless I expect Team USA to crush all competition.
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:50 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:05 am i looked at team canada's roster and they have some solid players. a few very good players, a bunch of good players, no one elite. They'll probably give USA the toughest game. Team USA is basically an all-star team full of elite superstars. USA could field another 5 teams and they'll all finish 1-5. I'm not saying this to sing USA's praises..i'm saying this because i'm legit scared of what they're gonna do to some of these poor teams. This team feels different..better than years past. Lacrosse is just not that important globally for the international audience to commit the necessary amount of resources to be competitive.
It’s a team of super stars with a lot of hype. Maybe competition was better in years past . I’m still suprised with Ortega accolades and her own coach being on Team USA that she wasn’t chosen. Hendrick is ok but no JO. Going to surmise it was a Spallina move - no love lost there ….regardless I expect Team USA to crush all competition.
Hendrick has prior Team USA experience I believe and is an experienced finisher around the net. Likely why she got the nod IMO.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

LaxFan2000 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:14 pm
Hendrick has prior Team USA experience I believe and is an experienced finisher around the net. Likely why she got the nod IMO.
Hendricks wasn’t on the last team US roster . IMO doesn’t “grow the game”
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Did Ortega flip a commitment to UNC from SB or something ? I would hope Spallina is a better person than that.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

tothedraw wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:06 pm
Did Ortega flip a commitment to UNC from SB or something ? I would hope Spallina is a better person than that.
I don't think so? Articles covering her commitment came out in March 2014 which was her freshman year, so I can't see her committing, deciding to re-open her recruitment, and re-committing before she's even a sophomore. Also, some of the articles covering the commitment list "schools considered" and SBU wasn't listed. That's all just surface knowledge though so maybe Laxfan500 knows something I don't
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Sweden vs. Mexico tomorrow at 10 AM...

https://www.womensworldlax2022.com/comp ... 2022-06-30
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Not flip a commitment …let’s just say Joe has always been sore if you don’t chooose SB when you are from Long Island and then when he plays against teams with kids that he has tried to recruit some things can get nasty. USC, Florida and UNC have all had issues.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:20 pm
Not flip a commitment …let’s just say Joe has always been sore if you don’t chooose SB when you are from Long Island and then when he plays against teams with kids that he has tried to recruit some things can get nasty. USC, Florida and UNC have all had issues.
So you want people to believe that an old axe to grind by 1 of 4 coaches. An axe from an assistant coach no less……..is going to have more weight than all the other coaches? Including the player in questions college coach who is the head coach. Not buying what you’re trying to sell. Perhaps she just didn’t have a good tryout.
washedup

Post by washedup »

Have the announcers said what’s up with Cordingley’s elbow? Looks like a pretty heavy duty tape job, not that it stopped that beautiful goal
user1020

Post by user1020 »

North looks good and comfortable
Cordingley is such a joy to watch, so quick and smooth
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Bart wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:33 pm
So you want people to believe that an old axe to grind by 1 of 4 coaches. An axe from an assistant coach no less……..is going to have more weight than all the other coaches? Including the player in questions college coach who is the head coach. Not buying what you’re trying to sell. Perhaps she just didn’t have a good tryout.
1) Joe was in charge of selecting attackers Levy was in charge of selecting midfielders. 2) he has made comments about her in the in the press a few times when they played each other so yes I do believe that.3) he is a huge sore head did u watch the last game SB played UNC lol. 4) If you don’t believe that politics rears its head at making teams for Under Armour , US etc. then I don’t know what to tell you.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:39 pm
1) Joe was in charge of selecting attackers Levy was in charge of selecting midfielders. 2) he has made comments about her in the in the press a few times when they played each other so yes I do believe that.3) he is a huge sore head did u watch the last game SB played UNC lol. 4) If you don’t believe that politics rears its head at making teams for Under Armour , US etc. then I don’t know what to tell you.
IMO Jamie Ortega should be out there for team USA no question about it but I’m not the coach
Bart

Post by Bart »

1) Joe was in charge of selecting attackers Levy was in charge of selecting midfielders. 2) he has made comments about her in the in the press a few times that they played each other so yes I do believe that.
Believe what ya want. Could be. I’m going to think a professional acts like a professional.

That goal by Dolby(sp?) was impressive
user1020

Post by user1020 »

I’m sorry I can’t support world lacrosse sizes. Looks fun and fast but seems like a game you’d play at practice
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:20 pm let’s just say Joe has always been sore if you don’t chooose SB when you are from Long Island and then when he plays against teams with kids that he has tried to recruit some things can get nasty.
Not to be fresh…but is that not most teams? Might be a personality difference but to harbor that feeling about that many teams sounds exhausting to me
DMac

Post by DMac »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:59 pm Sweden vs. Mexico tomorrow at 10 AM...

https://www.womensworldlax2022.com/comp ... 2022-06-30
Thanks for posting this, was hoping someone would post the schedule(s)....and keep them coming, please.
Once again we'll clearly see why lacrosse in the Olympics is just foolish talk, which is not to say I'm not very
much looking forward to these games.
My buddy is coming down on Friday to stay for a few days, he's a real ball nut so we'll enjoy watching the games together.
I'll bring some treats, he's not too fussy so I'm sure he'll like 'em.
DMac

Post by DMac »

user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:57 pm I’m sorry I can’t support world lacrosse sizes. Looks fun and fast but seems like a game you’d play at practice
Sizes? What's that means?
Got the best in the world running around with sticks and the ball playing the game at a pretty high level (nope, not all teams but it's the highest level they've attained so far), what's not to like there? I don't know what support means but if it means not watching, that seems to me to be just missing some pretty lacrosse.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

DMac wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:09 pm
user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:57 pm I’m sorry I can’t support world lacrosse sizes. Looks fun and fast but seems like a game you’d play at practice
Sizes? What's that means?
Got the best in the world running around with sticks and the ball playing the game at a pretty high level (nope, not all teams but it's the highest level they've attained so far), what's not to like there? I don't know what support means but if it means not watching, that seems to me to be just missing some pretty lacrosse.
World lacrosse sixes*
My mistake
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Bart wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:44 pm
1) Joe was in charge of selecting attackers Levy was in charge of selecting midfielders. 2) he has made comments about her in the in the press a few times that they played each other so yes I do believe that.
Believe what ya want. Could be. I’m going to think a professional acts like a professional.

That goal by Dolby(sp?) was impressive
I mean it’s stuff I have been told directly by affected players and from SB players even - So I think I have a little bit more info than a casual observer .

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”