Womens USA team Who you got?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Womens USA team Who you got?

Post by DMac »

Very pretty lacrosse and entertaining game.
Liked the 4th goal by BC. Just a nicely executed fast break. Madjid scores the goal but the pass and timing of it was just nice. Done just as it should be.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

glaxer24 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:00 pm USA vs BC. USA 5 BC 4. ~4 minutes left in the second. Much closer game than I anticipated
Bad hit on Weeks by Cummings… Yikes
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

Rachel looked great through one half. Love her “technique” AND athleticism. Both of which are needed to make a complete goalie. Pretty good stuff from a national champion, but hey, that’s just my opinion. 😉

As I type this she just saved Charlotte on a point blank shot. Such a great goalie!
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Justalaxdad wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:21 pm Rachel looked great through one half. Love her “technique” AND athleticism. Both of which are needed to make a complete goalie. Pretty good stuff from a national champion, but hey, that’s just my opinion. 😉

As I type this she just saved Charlotte on a point blank shot. Such a great goalie!
North has great shots (at times) but as far as chemistry with the other attackers - I’d take Scane over her . It won’t happen …I mean north is def going and starting but maybe Scane goes as an alternate … I also find it curious Spallina doesn’t start KO….im sure she’s not happy about that .
DMac

Post by DMac »

North has great shots (most of the time).
Single season scoring record belongs to?
Not buying the chemistry thing, seems as
if this is a constant knock on her but I just
don't see it. Think the talk about whether
or not she'll be selected is nonsense too, if
she's not selected you need to take a real
hard look at the coaching staff.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:22 am North has great shots (most of the time).
Yes, agree with all that.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Hear, hear!
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Justalaxdad wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:21 pm Rachel looked great through one half. Love her “technique” AND athleticism. Both of which are needed to make a complete goalie. Pretty good stuff from a national champion, but hey, that’s just my opinion. 😉

I saw this last night and really tried to let it go, but I can't. As the "preeminent know-it-all, who if memory serves correct, never played the position, Big Bad Larry" I have to ask the following...What FACTS lead one to say that Rachel Hall is a "Great Goalie"? She wasn't an All-American selection last season. She wasn't a 1st or 2nd team All-Region selection, but in fact 3 other Goalies were picked over her. Maybe it's just me, but I am confused as to what great is.

And one last thing : Technique, Mechanics, Athleticism and Knowledge are traits for a complete Goalie. However, there have been GREAT Goalies in this sport(Men & Women) who lacked the "athleticism", but had outstanding technique, mechanics and knowledge and those are the things that make for consistency of play in this most important position.

That's the opinion of a misguided, uninformed know nothing. You are what you iz!
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

North is a great shooter and nobody says that She isn’t. I was at every game this weekend including the game that they just played at Johns Hopkins this morning and I’m telling you scane has a real knack for distributing the ball and knowing when to go in and total team play I just think the chemistry works better.

North will of course make team and I never said she would not I just feel on right side Scane had a better presence .
Last edited by Laxfan500 on Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Laxfan500 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:45 pm

North has great shots (at times) but as far as chemistry with the other attackers - I’d take Scane over her . It won’t happen …I mean north is def going and starting but maybe Scane goes as an alternate … I also find it curious Spallina doesn’t start KO….im sure she’s not happy about that .
Isn't Joe the ASSISTANT Coach of the team? Does he get to say who the starters will or will not be? Also, if you know how Kylie Ohlmiller is as a player and person, then you know her temperament is all about the team. Despite her gaudy career numbers, she is TEAM FIRST! Outstanding player and a terrific person.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:21 am

Isn't Joe the ASSISTANT Coach of the team? Does he get to say who the starters will or will not be? Also, if you know how Kylie Ohlmiller is as a player and person, then you know her temperament is all about the team. Despite her gaudy career numbers, she is TEAM FIRST! Outstanding player and a terrific person.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:23 am

I love how everybody gets so defensive on this site Joe runs the offense assistant coach or not
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Laxfan500 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:18 am
North is a great shooter and nobody says that She isn’t. I was at every game this weekend including the game that they just played at Johns Hopkins this morning and I’m telling you scane has a real knack for distributing the ball and knowing when to go in and total team play I just think the chemistry works better.

North will of course make team and I never said she would not I just feel on right side Scane had a better presence .
What game was played at Hopkins today?
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

Laxfan500 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:24 am
Laxfan500 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:23 am

I love how everybody gets so defensive on this site Joe runs the offense assistant coach or not
Not everyone, just a few. Your point was a good one and it was a valid question.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

hmmm wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:35 am

What game was played at Hopkins today?
US v Canada - venue change due to rain last night
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Wasn’t able to watch games. Is there anywhere a recap is posted. Goals etc? Or will it be rebroadcast maybe?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:02 am

I saw this last night and really tried to let it go, but I can't. As the "preeminent know-it-all, who if memory serves correct, never played the position, Big Bad Larry" I have to ask the following...What FACTS lead one to say that Rachel Hall is a "Great Goalie"? She wasn't an All-American selection last season. She wasn't a 1st or 2nd team All-Region selection, but in fact 3 other Goalies were picked over her. Maybe it's just me, but I am confused as to what great is.

And one last thing : Technique, Mechanics, Athleticism and Knowledge are traits for a complete Goalie. However, there have been GREAT Goalies in this sport(Men & Women) who lacked the "athleticism", but had outstanding technique, mechanics and knowledge and those are the things that make for consistency of play in this most important position.

That's the opinion of a misguided, uninformed know nothing. You are what you iz!
Rachel Hall was sure great during championship weekend. She played great in the huge moments. As far as all the stats and mechanics, they don’t prove to be that critical when you can play the way Rachel did in those two games.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Am jealous, that was a couple of days of pretty nice lacrosse. I'm not getting at all defensive about North, you're far from the first person to mention chemistry (lack of) with her and teams, this was all the talk when she transferred to BC too. Every time I watch her I see a dominant player who does indeed handle the ball a lot, but I don't see her as being hesitant to distribute when the opportunity presents itself. She's definitely looking to get to the cage when she has the ball but this creates a lot of doubles, swing passes, and/or assists too. Scane is a dominant player as well. Maybe a little bit different but a whole lot more similar than different. You saw what you saw and I respect your observations and opinion. These are two dynamic players and it's probably splitting hairs to pick one over the other. I've seen North play a whole lot more than I've seen Scane. People (not directing this at you) seem very quick to knock North for some reason but after all is said and done, I believe she's the best in the business right now (which isn't to suggest there aren't several outstanding players).
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Fischer wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:13 pm Wasn’t able to watch games. Is there anywhere a recap is posted. Goals etc? Or will it be rebroadcast maybe?
I’m really not sure I don’t even know if it was streamed because of the venue change kind of a last minute thing I think the final score was like 15 to 6 maybe something like that.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Gotta like what you see in the U16s and U18s, lotta speed and good players.
US wlaxers are just really strong, awful lot of good players out there. Do
believe the rule changes has attracted a lot of good athletes to this game.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”