Virginia

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Virginia

Post by Matnum PI »

US Lacrosse Magazine@USLacrosseMag
3 hours ago
𝘜𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘳
"I can see why we’re maybe an underestimated team, but we’ll sneak up from behind."
No. 18 @UVAWomensLax lost a program great in Sammy Mueller, but there are other options ready to pick up the slack. Don't sleep on the Cavs.
https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/w ... inia-women
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Virginia

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Was Amy Appelt more of a dynamo than Charlotte North? In what respects?

https://twitter.com/usalacrossemag/stat ... 25344?s=21
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:07 pm US Lacrosse Magazine@USLacrosseMag
3 hours ago
𝘜𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘳
"I can see why we’re maybe an underestimated team, but we’ll sneak up from behind."
No. 18 @UVAWomensLax lost a program great in Sammy Mueller, but there are other options ready to pick up the slack. Don't sleep on the Cavs.
cant get to the link because of a ?security? issue with the browser, but I am not buying UVA is back. It's like the Miami Hurricanes are back in football. year after year, fluff up the new team....meet the new boss, same as the old boss....wont get fooled again....

Good young team, I will give them that. If all of those young freshman/sophomores develop (if?) then they could have a legit top 10 team. Not sure the coaching is built for the current game to effect that, but we will see.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:37 pm
3 hours ago
𝘜𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘳
cant get to the link because of a ?security? issue with the browser, but I am not buying UVA is back. It's like the Miami Hurricanes are back in football. year after year, fluff up the new team....meet the new boss, same as the old boss....wont get fooled again....

Good young team, I will give them that. If all of those young freshman/sophomores develop (if?) then they could have a legit top 10 team. Not sure the coaching is built for the current game to effect that, but we will see.
Stuck in neutral there until a change is made.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

hmmm wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:40 pm
Stuck in neutral there until a change is made.
:D
Bart

Post by Bart »

3 hours ago
𝘜𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘳

While your point may be salient.....you did notice the post you were replying was from January of 21?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Bart wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:06 pm
3 hours ago
𝘜𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘳

While your point may be salient.....you did notice the post you were replying was from January of 21?
nope but point stands....as I quoted good ole Pete before ... Meet the new boss, same as the old boss
OuttaNowhereWregget

It’s been discussed to some degree on these boards that Virginia never seems to do much in the postseason in spite of their decent recruiting record and annual high ranking in the polls and RPI due to the tough schedule they play every year. It’s got me wondering—why do they typically schedule so many tough teams to insure a ticket to the dance each year? (The Cavs have yet to release their 2022 schedule.) What’s the point if the team doesn’t normally advance past the first two rounds in the last few years except in ‘19 when they made the quarterfinals. I think of Ms. Trombetta’s comments about certain teammates “checking out” when it got to the postseason. Is that the case on this team? Perhaps the philosophy of coach Myers has become stale and ineffective against the elite teams? In any event, it would be nice to see a strong Virginia team throw some weight around and make a little noise in the ACC.
OuttaNowhereWregget

If this Virginia team with its talent and size plays a disciplined focused 60 minute game to the best of their capabilities this afternoon, they could give BC a run. BC hasn't really been tested yet. Northwestern was a ghost of themselves.

Looking forward to seeing someone push BC and how they'll respond. Might not see that till Carolina.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:47 pm If this Virginia team with its talent and size plays a disciplined focused 60 minute game to the best of their capabilities this afternoon, they could give BC a run. BC hasn't really been tested yet. Northwestern was a ghost of themselves.

Looking forward to seeing someone push BC and how they'll respond. Might not see that till Carolina.
If you're looking forward to seeing BC pushed, I am pretty sure this isn't that game. BC's defense is going to smother the Hoos. I'd like a competitive game, but I'm thinking 18-10 or something like that.
OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:55 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:47 pm If this Virginia team with its talent and size plays a disciplined focused 60 minute game to the best of their capabilities this afternoon, they could give BC a run. BC hasn't really been tested yet. Northwestern was a ghost of themselves.

If you're looking forward to seeing BC pushed, I am pretty sure this isn't that game. BC's defense is going to smother the Hoos. I'd like a competitive game, but I'm thinking 18-10 or something like that.
I don't doubt your words. I doubt Ginny pulls it altogether to seriously challenge in this game. It would be fun to see however--even to the point of *gasp* an upset.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Looking ugly for the hoo's early.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Bart wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:12 pm

Looking ugly for the hoo's early.
Adjustments look good, we'll see if they can keep up with that pace & win the draw
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Myers must be telling them to look for early offense and slow break. Good adjustments for UVA so far.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

8m, how'd you like Clark's 2nd??
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:22 pm Myers must be telling them to look for early offense and slow break. Good adjustments for UVA so far.
I was just responding to your post about BC's smothering defense when they made the adjustments and promptly deleted it. I like the adjustments as well, but I think UVA's going to need a full, disciplined 60mins to keep this competitive.

I could be seeing this wrong, but where is the second & third slide for BC??
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:32 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:22 pm Myers must be telling them to look for early offense and slow break. Good adjustments for UVA so far.
I was just responding to your post about BC's smothering defense when they made the adjustments and promptly deleted it. I like the adjustments as well, but I think UVA's going to need a full, disciplined 60mins to keep this competitive.

Yeah, BC is really slow to slide, and UVA middies are having some success 1v1. Going to be I terrifying to see if AWW asks them to help more and earlier. Nice quarter for UVA.
Bart

Post by Bart »

wow...go away for a few moments.......... good on ya Hoo's.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:35 pm

Yeah, BC is really slow to slide, and UVA middies are having some success 1v1. Going to be I terrifying to see if AWW asks them to help more and earlier. Nice quarter for UVA.
For now BC looks beatable on draw and in goal. Too early to say anything more . But they do look vulnerable. And dare I say…human. For as great as North is…she’s lousy on the ride . I guess she prob feels she does enough on draw and scoring .
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:38 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:35 pm

For now BC looks beatable on draw and in goal. Too early to say anything more . But they do look vulnerable. And dare I say…human.
Definitely early...I feel like I'm constantly holding my breath waiting for BC to go on a run

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”