North Carolina

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

North Carolina

Post by Matnum PI »

ILWomen
@uncwlax's Caitlyn Wurzburger has been making history, and a name for herself, for years.

She arrives in Chapel Hill as IL's No. 1 recruit in the Class of 2020 and graces the cover of IL's first-ever girls' recruiting issue.

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Dr. Tact

Re: North Carolina

Post by Dr. Tact »

no pressure there...the most hyped recruit of all time? :o
njbill

Post by njbill »

No. That would be Cummings.

Both were highly hyped. Deservedly so. Like Cummings, Wurzburger is the real deal. In fact, she bears mentioning in the other thread about high school players succeeding in college. She’s about as sure a thing as they come.
Turtles Lax

She WILL be a star!

Post by Turtles Lax »

njbill and TL are rarely in agreement but njbill and TL are herein. 8-)

Ms Wurzburger will be instant starter, star, and an All-American.

Not only does she possess the requisite lax skills (and then some), she is a hard working, self-motivated kid.

A bit too early to anoint her as the second coming of JenAdams, but she just might be.

Why does TL compare Ms Wurzburger to JenAdams? Both are pure attackers, and there is ZERO question that JenAdams is the very best ever at that end of the field.

Peace, out.

TL
njbill

Post by njbill »

:lol:
I think it only happens once or twice a year.
Dr. Tact

Re: She WILL be a star!

Post by Dr. Tact »

Turtles Lax wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:39 pm A bit too early to anoint her as the second coming of JenAdams, but she just might be.

Why does TL compare Ms Wurzburger to JenAdams? Both are pure attackers, and there is ZERO question that JenAdams is the very best ever at that end of the field.

Peace, out.

TL
:D
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

njbill wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:02 pm :lol:
I think it only happens once or twice a year.
Was that using sarcastica font?
njbill

Post by njbill »

No. One common denominator is Taylor Cummings. She is a player (probably not the only one) TL and I both agree on wholeheartedly. In the last World Cup, the Brit commentator said she “bosses the midfield.” I loved that expression and couldn’t have agreed with it more.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:46 am no pressure there...the most hyped recruit of all time? :o
Lets wait and see what happens in spring before we annoint her best in the world. That attack is loaded with 4 years of upperclassmen. All vying for 4 spots...and 3 are taken...
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Lax247 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:53 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:46 am no pressure there...the most hyped recruit of all time? :o
Lets wait and see what happens in spring before we annoint her best in the world. That attack is loaded with 4 years of upperclassmen. All vying for 4 spots...and 3 are taken...
Well, I wasn't. I agree with you🥍
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:38 pm
Lax247 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:53 pm
Well, I wasn't. I agree with you🥍
Lol sorry Dr. Tact....the kid has a ton of pressure on her and she needs to gel with team above all.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

With what UNC has coming back and what they picked up, how does she touch the field?...
Caddy Day
laxinforlife

Post by laxinforlife »

Caitlyn is totally the real deal! We know her very well. I love just watching her practice. She has what the great have -- that intrinsic desire to be great which comes from HARD work. She's one of the hardest working kids I've ever known. Her high school and club team mates were all hard workers and she helped make them better players. She LOVES lacrosse! She's got an amazing lax IQ. She is a great team mate. I can't say enough about her. With UNC's hiring of Emily Garrity Parros as their new offensive coach--the have every arsenal to be one of the greatest teams of all time.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

UNC women’s coach in an interview with LSN said they will play 15 games with 10 being conferences games. They split the conference into regions and in region they will play those teams twice. They are only allowed to fly for conferences games. First game to be Feb 13th. Sounds like challenge will be having available goalies in the season.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Echoing above. @uncwlax coach Jenny Levy @heelslaxcoach tells LSN their season is scheduled to start February 13 vs @JMULacrosse. Tar Heels will play 15 games, 10 @ACCWLax games with regional conference opponents they’ll play two times each.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

I don't really see there being much pressure (at least internally) on CW this season. Her toughest task will be getting on the field. If she can do that, the talent and experience around her will keep her comfortable. After this season, when Hoeg and possibly Ortega and/or Growney depart, THEN the Heels will need her to step up and she'll get much more media attention. Lots of pressure coming in 2022. But any pressure on her this season is coming from the outside and hopefully she's able to tune that out (I'm sure her coaches are supporting her in that effort).
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:13 am I don't really see there being much pressure (at least internally) on CW this season. Her toughest task will be getting on the field. If she can do that, the talent and experience around her will keep her comfortable. After this season, when Hoeg and possibly Ortega and/or Growney depart, THEN the Heels will need her to step up and she'll get much more media attention. Lots of pressure coming in 2022. But any pressure on her this season is coming from the outside and hopefully she's able to tune that out (I'm sure her coaches are supporting her in that effort).
Jenny has always done a good job of getting her freshman and "new recruits" valuable playing time. She will be fine and so will UNC. Great position to be in with this much talent on one team. What will be truly valuable for CW is the experience she gains from playing with and against the best players in the country every day at practice.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”