Boston College

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Cletus

Hannah Hyatt

Post by Cletus »

Hyatt was a solid defender for Boston College from 2016-2019. She was passionate in the heat of battle. She was deft of stick and nimble of feet. All the way from Park City, Utah--lacrosse hotbed of the west! https://bceagles.com/sports/womens-lacr ... yatt/10838

OuttaNowhereWregget

The Current Edition of the Big Three?

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

One could certainly make a case for it. Hollie isn't an offensive power but she is a rock star in her own right around the draw circle, on sure handed dependable clears, scooping ground balls and causing turnovers. 92 DC's, 33 GB's and 16 CTO's in just her first full season. Her junior year, Smith's sophomore year and North's final year in '22 ought to create some kind of fireworks display.

l to r Hollie Schleicher, Charlotte North, Belle Smith
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Boston College

Although Hollie Schleicher is listed as a midfielder on the 2021 BC roster, according to this article by BC, Schleicher moved to defense this season.

"Schleicher, an All-ACC first team selection, moved from the midfield to defense this season. She has 92 draw controls, 33 ground balls and 16 caused turnovers so far this season. Her 92 draws are the seventh-most in a single season at BC. She was also selected as a USA Lacrosse Second Team All-American and Inside Lacrosse Third Team All-American. She was also named to the NCAA All-Tournament team."

Schleicher is a remarkable defender and very reliable on clears. She's got better moves to avoid redefenders than some goalscorers. Her junior, senior and extra year years should be something to see.

Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

How many people know that Hollie is cousins with Belle Smith. More like sisters and absolute best friends who grew up playing together since about 10 years old. They wanted to play in college together and win a National Championship. They did that as big contributors - both First Team ACC and All American and All Tournament. Quite a cool story.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Lax101 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:03 pm How many people know that Hollie is cousins with Belle Smith. More like sisters and absolute best friends who grew up playing together since about 10 years old. They wanted to play in college together and win a National Championship. They did that as big contributors - both First Team ACC and All American and All Tournament. Quite a cool story.
I don't think BC wins the Championship without them. The cousins were huge against both Carolina and Syracuse.
OuttaNowhereWregget

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRBg9-GLdAi ... =copy_link

Ain’t NOBODY like the reigning Tewaaraton Queen—Charlotte North. WOW!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Charlotte North has been selected as a NCAA Woman of the Year nominee.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:43 am https://www.instagram.com/p/CRBg9-GLdAi ... =copy_link

When did this happen and against what team?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:48 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:43 am https://www.instagram.com/p/CRBg9-GLdAi ... =copy_link

Looks like UVA, and likely first half of the season judging by the plowed snow banks, but those can hang around for a while. Definitely UVA though

edit: probably the 3/13/21 game. Also not sure if you're asking because you actually want to know or if you're trying to make a point that I am oblivious to, but if you're genuinely curious that's what I've got :lol:
OuttaNowhereWregget

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:50 am

Looks like UVA, and likely first half of the season judging by the plowed snow banks, but those can hang around for a while. Definitely UVA though

edit: probably the 3/13/21 game. Also not sure if you're asking because you actually want to know or if you're trying to make a point that I am oblivious to, but if you're genuinely curious that's what I've got :lol:
🤣 Too funny!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:38 am Charlotte North has been selected as a NCAA Woman of the Year nominee.
Nice one, Matnum! How’d you like to be the goaltender looking down the barrel of that howitzer!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:05 pmNice one, Matnum! How’d you like to be the goaltender looking down the barrel of that howitzer!
Strong young woman...

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Curious...always
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:43 pm

Curious...always
Yeah it's gotta be 3/13/21. They never played each other in 2020 and the second time they played each other in 2021 was down in Chapel Hill for the ACC tournament.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:05 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:38 am Charlotte North has been selected as a NCAA Woman of the Year nominee.
Nice one, Matnum! How’d you like to be the goaltender looking down the barrel of that howitzer!
you literally had to tear both ACL's and probably a hamstring given how quickly and completely you jumped on the BC/CN bandwagon. Wow. :roll: :roll:
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

wicked photo
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

I don't think this has been mentioned previously here, but Charlotte North was named the female Athlete of the Year in the ACC. Trevor Lawrence was the male winner. Pretty good company, I suppose, although even with the Supreme Court ruling, Trevor stands to make a few more Benjamins in his career than Charlotte will.

https://theacc.com/news/2021/7/1/footba ... -year.aspx
OuttaNowhereWregget

Can Opener wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:31 pm I don't think this has been mentioned previously here, but Charlotte North was named the female Athlete of the Year in the ACC. Trevor Lawrence was the male winner. Pretty good company, I suppose, although even with the Supreme Court ruling, Trevor stands to make a few more Benjamins in his career than Charlotte will.

https://theacc.com/news/2021/7/1/footba ... -year.aspx
For for an individual player, it was truly a season for the ages.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Will Boston College Repeat?

They have a very good chance if they stay healthy. They have an amazing core of Medjid, Mossman, North, Hall, Scales, Smith, Schleicher, et al. returning. Another year of experience should make players that were already exceptional even more so. The excellent Weeks sisters--Cassidy and Courtney--among them.

BC carried 11 rookies on the squad in '21. Who among them will emerge? I have to think Annabelle Hasselbeck will be more dangerous. She showed flashes of brilliance last season. If she hits her stride in '22--watch out. Then you have two of the top recruits coming in--highly touted Summer Agostino and Annabelle's younger sister Mallory.

A formidable lineup that will set many knees a-knockin next year.

BCGold

Post by BCGold »

Well said, they are stacked.

AWW and staff are I’m sure already working to figure out how to maximize the talent they have, plus working in the Freshman who have loads of potential, but got sparse playing time due to the players u mentioned ahead of them Then u have the high end recruits coming in.

They have the right chemistry now, and the staff will earn their pay figuring out the best line up to put on the field. Obviously a team can never have enough talent, but ultimately there is only 1 ball, and only so many possessions.

I’m intrigued by BC’s defense maybe more than the offense. Freshman Scales came thru big time in the tourney, as did other young defenders. That’s a group that I think hasn’t reached their potential simply due to age. In other words, how much better can Charlotte North be next year compared to this year? On the other hand, the Frosh Defense that played great still haven’t reached their potential and have a high ceiling.

If everything falls together…and with AWW and staff I’m confident it will…2022 should be a special year for the Eagles, with hopefully a repeat Natty!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”