Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

LarryGamLax wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:56 pm I remember the following, but I can't remember who posted it :

"I was interested that he (Jon "Stugotz" Weiner) seemed much more willing than SSB to call out players by name and criticize their play. He strongly criticized OF’s potential game winner but SSB explicitly stated that she’d rather compliment the goalie, and that was just one example. Even though he coaches the girls’ game, his bio says he’s a sports radio personality, which suggests to me that he usually discusses men’s sports. That contrast was interesting to me as I’ve often observed how much gentler announcers tend to be when discussing the play of female college players than male players (and how there seems to be some paternalistic protectionist tone on this board as compared to the men’s board). I think commentators should be fair, but if we are promoting women’s sports we should present them as tough and strong, which they are, and not undermine that message by treating them like little girls. If a guy makes a terrible play, we have no problem saying he did. Same should apply for his sister."

I agree with the above, but it bothers me that it came from "Stugotz"...I can't stand that guy! I remember when that Jackwagon was on and he made those comments. I hated that HE made the comments and not Sheehan. I told her that later in a message, but I know that is not her style. The comments just didn't bother me because that's how I tend to view games. I am really tough on my clients because I would like to think that they have an advantage over others. In the past I have said too much at times and had to take a couple of steps back. My goal was that I never wanted the girls to feel that I was uninterested in what they were doing. Believe it or not, there have been times I have said nothing and the player would want me to say things. I always found that kind of funny.

I feel that you CAN comment honestly about players, coaches, programs, schools and it should not be frowned upon. If you don not like the comments someone has made, then state your view. This thing that it should be different for Females as opposed to Males is nonsense...in my opinion.
Badlands is the quoted author, Larry.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DMac wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:43 am DING, DING, DING, DING, DING!!!
We have a winner, hit the nail on the head.

You remind me of the little pisz ant on the playground who always had to have everything his way, ONW (this started long ago with the posting of games). Then when someone (likely me) told him he was being an aszwhole and to stfu, he'd give you that sticks and stones routine (like you do here) and go running like a little kitty cat (think they call 'em puszies in some countries) to Mommy (like you do to admin). Yes, as you have driven home many times, you can write whatever you want and all are indeed welcome. All should also expect that not everyone is going to agree with what they say and/or might not appreciate their style. You want to be that tough talk sports critic here so go ahead and be that. Those types thrive on the controversy, they love throwing jabs and pointing out where the athlete failed or fell short. This is their schtick as they know it's going to rile people up and generate ratings. Difference between them and you is, they welcome the criticism and name calling they get from their listeners/readers, whereas you pisz and moan about it and just want everybody to play nice, nice with you. You, the wannabe tough talk sports guy who calls the rest of us the LF Mafia when we call you out giving us a lecture on mental health and telling us to be gentle with our posts. Now that's rich.
DMac, no personal attacks...
OuttaNowhereWregget

Another peek back at the LP days of yore

Too bad LaxPower closed up shop so abruptly. I wish announcements had gone out that the site was closing so some artifacts and keepsakes might have been secured, but oh well. Luckily, there are still some remnants left over, like this snapshot of life in D1 women's lacrosse back in early May of 2017:

LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

This happened a couple of days ago...and none of us saw it? This is so cool and a total act of selflessness. I always liked her and this just cemented that forever.

https://tworowtimes.com/sports/lacrosse ... enosaunee/
Last edited by LarryGamLax on Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Colorado’s Ashley Stokes changing her grip on the fly.

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

LarryGamLax wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:47 am This happened a couple of days ago...and none of us saw it? This is so cool and a total act of selflessness. I always like her and this just cemented that forever.

https://tworowtimes.com/sports/lacrosse ... enosaunee/
Missed this; thanks for posting it.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Bart

Post by Bart »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:08 pm Image
Wow....and only 4.3m of them were OuttaNowhereWregget :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Bart wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:37 pm
That's Gold Jerry. Gold!!!
OuttaNowhereWregget

4.4m, get it right.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

Vanderbilt at #8? I get the other schools being so high in interactions on social media. Why would there be so much interest in Vanderbilt? I am not that all involved with social media, but maybe there is a good reason.
OuttaNowhereWregget

TNLAX wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:47 pm Vanderbilt at #8? I get the other schools being so high in interactions on social media. Why would there be so much interest in Vanderbilt? I am not that all involved with social media, but maybe there is a good reason.
I think the interactions also include the amount of outgoing content from Vandy’s social media platforms. The more they post, the more interactions they get credited with.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Who’s Next?

Sometimes, events happen in three’s. Seeing that Janine Tucker and Chris Sailor have announced their retirements at the end of the 2022 season, who might be next to announce? Navy’s Cindy Timchal? Virginia’s Julie Myers? Duke’s Kerstin Kimel?
Dr. Tact

Re: Who’s Next?

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:45 am Sometimes, events happen in three’s. Seeing that Janine Tucker and Chris Sailor have announced their retirements at the end of the 2022 season, who might be next to announce? Navy’s Cindy Timchal? Virginia’s Julie Myers? Duke’s Kerstin Kimel?
Cindy will be the next one
Bart

Post by Bart »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:07 pm
4.4m, get it right.
Conservative estimate. Wouldn’t want your ego inflated…..
OuttaNowhereWregget

Bart wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:18 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:07 pm
4.4m, get it right.
Conservative estimate. Wouldn’t want your ego inflated…..
Very considerate of you—I’m obliged.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:11 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:45 am Sometimes, events happen in three’s. Seeing that Janine Tucker and Chris Sailor have announced their retirements at the end of the 2022 season, who might be next to announce? Navy’s Cindy Timchal? Virginia’s Julie Myers? Duke’s Kerstin Kimel?
Could very well be. She turned 67 in September.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:11 am
Yes I believe there is already a plan in place that included Brooke Shriver coming to coach there this year.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Is this a woman's stick or a man's stick?

Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:24 am Is this a woman's stick or a man's stick?

Based on ball position, women's

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”