Syracuse

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Laxfan500

Re: Syracuse

Post by Laxfan500 »

Fischer wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:47 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:44 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:43 pm Okay, can't remember where the discussion was/is as to whether or not the Cuse-Stanford game is going to be broadcast anywhere. Been on this, spoke with Kayla a few minutes ago. Yes, I stroked her pretty big, let her know she's a big part of the reason I could even watch women's lacrosse, how much I enjoy the post rules changes wlax game...blah, blah. She was real nice. Answer is they're working on getting it broadcast but no definite right now.
Asked her how Megan is coming along and how Emily is doing, got nothing. Quickly dawned on me she can't answer those kind of questions which I said and got a chuckle. Also let her know how big time bummed I am about Emma Ward being out for the year.....she is too.
When did Carney go out? Im suprised whenever I see posts that she "seems" to be a returning stater....Has it even been 10 months from surgery?
Are you asking when she got injured? Last spring in the bc game at the dome. And yes she’s cleared
Ok. I thought it normally was a year recovery.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:10 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:43 pm Okay, can't remember where the discussion was/is as to whether or not the Cuse-Stanford game is going to be broadcast anywhere. Been on this, spoke with Kayla a few minutes ago. Yes, I stroked her pretty big, let her know she's a big part of the reason I could even watch women's lacrosse, how much I enjoy the post rules changes wlax game...blah, blah. She was real nice. Answer is they're working on getting it broadcast but no definite right now.
Asked her how Megan is coming along and how Emily is doing, got nothing. Quickly dawned on me she can't answer those kind of questions which I said and got a chuckle. Also let her know how big time bummed I am about Emma Ward being out for the year.....she is too.
When did Carney go out? Im suprised whenever I see posts that she "seems" to be a returning stater....Has it even been 10 months from surgery?
Are you asking when she got injured? Last spring in the bc game at the dome. And yes she’s cleared
Yea I think that was rule of thumb. But maybe tear wasn’t terrible? Maybe recovery went well. I still think anything before a year is asking for trouble. Look at Alexander 4 or 5 knee issues. It’s just a game. That way too many. Not worth lifelong issues imo
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Fischer wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:18 pm I still think anything before a year is asking for trouble. Look at Alexander 4 or 5 knee issues. It’s just a game. That way too many. Not worth lifelong issues imo
Well said.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Fischer wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:18 pm
Yea I think that was rule of thumb. But maybe tear wasn’t terrible? Maybe recovery went well. I still think anything before a year is asking for trouble. Look at Alexander 4 or 5 knee issues. It’s just a game. That way too many. Not worth lifelong issues imo
Nice sentiment but tell that to a super competitive kid who has had success that it is just a game. They are going to get back there as soon as possible. Since the extent of the injury is unknown to people here and she has cleared by both her ortho and the training staff you just have to see where it all goes.

Wish the kid luck for a healthy season.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Bart wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:32 am
Nice sentiment but tell that to a super competitive kid who has had success that it is just a game. They are going to get back there as soon as possible. Since the extent of the injury is unknown to people here and she has cleared by both her ortho and the training staff you just have to see where it all goes.

First off. I didn’t say Carney shouldn’t play? I said she was cleared. And she’s been killing her rehab. And yes I do know. And yes I’m affiliated with the team. Secondly I said anyone that tears an acl 3/4/5 times should consider the future ramifications of such an injury. I fully understand competitive nature. I also understand there’s a place and a time to draw the line as hard as that is to do
OuttaNowhereWregget

Fischer wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:36 am First off. I didn’t say Carney shouldn’t play? I said she was cleared. And she’s been killing her rehab. And yes I do know. And yes I’m affiliated with the team. Secondly I said anyone that tears an acl 3/4/5 times should consider the future ramifications of such an injury. I fully understand competitive nature. I also understand there’s a place and a time to draw the line as hard as that is to do
Very well said. You go, Fischer!
Bart

Post by Bart »

Fischer wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:36 am
Bart wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:32 am

First off. I didn’t say Carney shouldn’t play? I said she was cleared. And she’s been killing her rehab. And yes I do know. And yes I’m affiliated with the team. Secondly I said anyone that tears an acl 3/4/5 times should consider the future ramifications of such an injury. I fully understand competitive nature. I also understand there’s a place and a time to draw the line as hard as that is to do
Great. Never said you did not think the kid was playing just you need to see where it goes. Since you had the inside scoop why the question mark or hedging on maybe. Just make a declarative statemen that I'm affiliated with the team and the tear was not that bad and she is killing her rehab. Simple and done.

Still wish the kid a healthy successful season.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Okay, that's settled. Now you don't have time for this anymore, Fischer.
Didi mao, but hurry back with an answer as to where we can watch the
Cuse-Stanford game!!!!!!! You're on it!!
OuttaNowhereWregget

YES!!

DMac

Post by DMac »

Nice, thanks!
Must've been my phone call that did it, eh?
Okay, Fischer, you're cleared to do whatever
you want now.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:49 pm Nice, thanks!
you want now.
You’ve got the ear of the head coach herself. I don’t doubt it was your influence for a second! 😉
OuttaNowhereWregget

Sunday’s game too. You Orange guys have all the fun 😭

Fischer

Post by Fischer »

DMac wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:49 pm Nice, thanks!
you want now.
Hahah beat me to it 👍🏼
D-Lax

Post by D-Lax »

Both games this weekend are on ACC Network Extra. So, need to head over ESPN website to access.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... to-win-now

Great article on the fun, personable, and inviting kind of culture Coach Treanor is already cultivating in her first year.
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxer12 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:17 pm https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... to-win-now

Great article on the fun, personable, and inviting kind of culture Coach Treanor is already cultivating in her first year.
I don’t know for certain but Gait cultivated a similar atmosphere unless I’m mistaken...
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:25 pm
laxer12 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:17 pm https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... to-win-now

I don’t know for certain but Gait cultivated a similar atmosphere unless I’m mistaken...
Obviously the culture was created and set by Gait and company before Treanor took over. My point was that it seems Treanor is already doing a fantastic job of continuing that culture and then some (based on the what the players and people affiliated with Treanor have stated). If you actually read the article, you should've been able to grasp this implication.
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxer12 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:22 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:25 pm

Obviously the culture was created and set by Gait and company before Treanor took over. My point was that it seems Treanor is already doing a fantastic job of continuing that culture and then some (based on the what the players and people affiliated with Treanor have stated). If you actually read the article, you should've been able to grasp this implication.
Just making an inquiry. I included qualifiers because I don’t know for certain. No irritation intended.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

DMac, you’ve got to get yourself Dome-ready so that you can watch the Stony Brook game with me.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Wow Stanford giving cuse a run...

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”