D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Cagekeeper wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:26 am
hmmm wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:58 pm
Cagekeeper wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:24 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:28 am
njbill wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:56 pm I don’t blame you. She might’ve been a key missing piece for the Orange. You have to think that Treanor and Lamparter‘s Mount Sinai high school teammates on Syr made a big push for her. Also was wondering whether she would return home and go to Stony Brook.

She was one of the very few (10 or so?) 2021s who committed in 2017 as eighth graders before the recruiting rules changed. She committed in February of eighth grade, two months before the rules changed. Don’t know if she played any varsity in seventh grade. Pretty sure she played some in eighth grade. I first saw her as a high school sophomore and was very impressed with her. One of the best high school goalies I’ve ever seen. Was surprised with the way things turned out at Maryland, but then Sterling really upped her game this year.

Lamparter is not a player who should be sitting on the bench so I think this will be a good move for her.

The Maryland website lists her as being from South Carolina. Given that she attended high school on Long Island, perhaps her family has recently moved, and she decided to be closer to them.
Maybe the Mt. Sinai connection was a “con” and not a “pro” with how Hannah VM’s experience put out a cautionary warning to fellow MS player.
+1
I believe Hannah transferred to Pitt
She did. I’m sure it was a very long and deflating five years from her. I hope Pittsburgh treats her well
I don't have any personal knowledge of the situation, which is why I am asking, but was there an issue/did HVM have some type of negative experience at Cuse that you know about? Or is this solely based on the fact that she rarely saw playing time and is choosing to transfer for her 5th year?
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:28 am
njbill wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:56 pm I don’t blame you. She might’ve been a key missing piece for the Orange. You have to think that Treanor and Lamparter‘s Mount Sinai high school teammates on Syr made a big push for her. Also was wondering whether she would return home and go to Stony Brook.

She was one of the very few (10 or so?) 2021s who committed in 2017 as eighth graders before the recruiting rules changed. She committed in February of eighth grade, two months before the rules changed. Don’t know if she played any varsity in seventh grade. Pretty sure she played some in eighth grade. I first saw her as a high school sophomore and was very impressed with her. One of the best high school goalies I’ve ever seen. Was surprised with the way things turned out at Maryland, but then Sterling really upped her game this year.

Lamparter is not a player who should be sitting on the bench so I think this will be a good move for her.

The Maryland website lists her as being from South Carolina. Given that she attended high school on Long Island, perhaps her family has recently moved, and she decided to be closer to them.
Maybe the Mt. Sinai connection was a “con” and not a “pro” with how Hannah VM’s experience put out a cautionary warning to fellow MS player.
+1
She did. I’m sure it was a very long and deflating five years from her. I hope Pittsburgh treats her well
I don't have any personal knowledge of the situation, which is why I am asking, but was there an issue/did HVM have some type of negative experience at Cuse that you know about? Or is this solely based on the fact that she rarely saw playing time and is choosing to transfer for her 5th year?
I was going to ask this yesterday ? Cautionary, Mt. Sinai a con ? The Tyrell's seem so be doing just fine. Looks like HVM sat behind Goldstock and then didn't win job over the transfers this year. If Cuse was such an awful place for her, why didn't she leave sooner ? Not a criticism of her but several posts have been made (not just in this thread) about her negative experience.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

tothedraw wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:38 pm

+1
I was going to ask this yesterday ? Cautionary, Mt. Sinai a con ? The Tyrell's seem so be doing just fine. Looks like HVM sat behind Goldstock and then didn't win job over the transfers this year. If Cuse was such an awful place for her, why didn't she leave sooner ? Not a criticism of her but several posts have been made (not just in this thread) about her negative experience.
I guess we will see how many MS kids go on to commit to Cuse. If a few go a year than maybe no big deal. If the pipeline stops - maybe theres your answer.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Well, three MS players have gone to Syr after she started there (MT, ET, and JM).

I think it was relevant to bring up her experience, but I have no idea if it had any impact on Lamparter.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

njbill wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:06 pm Well, three MS players have gone to Syr after she started there (MT, ET, and JM).

I think it was relevant to bring up her experience, but I have no idea if it had any impact on Lamparter.
Yes I know. Let’s see if anyone else not committed comes from their school .
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:15 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:06 pm Well, three MS players have gone to Syr after she started there (MT, ET, and JM).

Yes I know. Let’s see if anyone else not committed comes from their school .
Still not getting it. The pipeline consisted of 4 players over a five year period, with 2 of them being significant contributors and a freshman getting quality minutes. I can't imagine one player not getting the time she wanted is going to permanently damage a HS/college relationship. Unless, you're suggesting Treanor has done something to cause that in the last year.

Hoping HVM has a good year at Pitt.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:54 pm

+1
I guess we will see how many MS kids go on to commit to Cuse. If a few go a year than maybe no big deal. If the pipeline stops - maybe theres your answer.
They have another ms commit. I believe she’s a junior rn. Jordan something
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Cagekeeper wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:49 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:54 pm

+1
They have another ms commit. I believe she’s a junior rn. Jordan something
I think Jordan DeBlasio is her name, oddly enough.

Joe
jff97

Post by jff97 »

watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Pansini is a 2024 grad transfer … has one more year at Princeton after taking 2021 off.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I've been transferred out and have observations, and I did indeed chuckle from afar. Sent South and thrown in the clink, I missed the great North debate/discussion/personal attack fest/bruhaha. Would have thought the Warden's hot line would be ringing off the hook but must be there's only one user of that line Just a guess.
Sc(1), Didn't want you to think I was unappreciative of your thoughtfulness and generous offer of "Need anything?". I did respond but my outgoing communications were screened and those deemed inappropriate were schidtkanned. My response was, Thank you and yes. If you happen upon a voodoo doll I'd like to give one a try and see if I can get it to work while pondering my jail worthy behavior. Drop one of those off if you can. TIA.
The ONW thread is brilliant, I would have titled it Dollar Store and flea market posts (laughed pretty hard at that one Sc, immediately knew I'd be stealing and using it), but it works. Won't be playing in that room. Oh, and I like the Oxford comma too.
admin, think Clinton's failed and overturned Three Strike Law for a bit. Your system of jail time and length of sentence is not unlike that overturned system, might need some tweaking. JMHO, of course.
For those of you who don't visit the Food Thread (fools) I didn't want you to miss out the marvelous, mouthwatering, mulberry...such a tasty morsel. Got a tree with a gazillion (might be light there) on it, turns out the leaves make a highly nutritional and tasty tea too.
https://www.organicfacts.net/mulberry-tree-leaf.html
Marvelous, mouthwatering, mulberry montage includes tea (one with honey, the other with strawberry mint), syrup (ridiculously good), cream cheese, Greek yogurt, sugar, lemon, vanilla, mulberries wrapped in phyllo dough, and a pie with some original DMac artwork (in the sky the stars form the State of NY with one right where the Cuse is...picture aint clear enough to see them).
Enjoy. :D
Missed me didn't ya?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

The tart looks especially good. Did you pass Joe Mauer in the long hallway on your way out? He had kind of a meltdown yesterday. Welcome back.
DMac

Post by DMac »

No, didn't see Joe or the meltdown. That must be why they were calling all available guards to admittance though.
They only do that when an inmate gets his hands around a guard's neck, must be Joe wasn't going quietly.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Emma Tilson of Maryland to Clemson. Maryland players that play seem to love it but recently there’s been a lot of transferring out for players that aren’t playing. Probably a consequence of the transfer portal becoming more popular.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Sophi Wrisk from MD -> Tampa
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Anyone know why Schettig hasn’t seen much playing time at Notre Dame?
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

user1020 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:53 am Emma Tilson of Maryland to Clemson. Maryland players that play seem to love it but recently there’s been a lot of transferring out for players that aren’t playing. Probably a consequence of the transfer portal becoming more popular.
UNC is seeing that alot this year as well. This will become the norm among top programs because there's just too much talent and not enough spots. Also, alot of HS girls are more willing to take a chance at big programs than before knowing they can transfer with little consequence if it doesn't work out.
washedup

Post by washedup »

Camdyn O'Donnell transferring from SDSU to Pitt, presumably with 2 years of eligibility. Put up 50 points for the Aztecs this year.
washedup

Post by washedup »

Maddy Maloney going from UMass to Clemson for fifth year. Posted 29 points this year for Minutewomen
washedup

Post by washedup »

https://tribeathletics.com/news/2022/5/ ... apter.aspx

Belle Martire and Starr Howard of William & Mary are also headed to Clemson for fifth years.

Martire finishes 3rd all time at W&M in goals scored and posted 53 points this year.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”