Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
user1020

Re: University of Maryland Terrapins

Post by user1020 »

Looks like she’ll be back for the spring
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:36 pm Hannah Leubecker https://twitter.com/MarylandWLax/status ... 1867930633
Hannah Leubecker is a stud for the Terps. Last year she registered 58 goals, 25 DC's, 11 GB's and 8 CTO's in 17 games. I think she has only scratched the surface of how dominating she can/will be. In this clip however, I want to call attention to the wasted time off the clock while running to avoid her defenders instead of passing to an open teammate. I was puzzled by it after watching a few times. Was a lack of coaching the cause for the burned 13 seconds? Maybe Hannah was coached on what to do but improvised in the moment? Tactically, it wasn't effective. Whatever the reason, Maryland could have saved themselves precious seconds to go for the game tying goal. The pre-2020 Terps would have found a way to pull it off. This has a Caroline Steele crunch-time equalizer written all over it. In any event, I think the Terps will be more of a tough out this season, just by virtue of the fact that Leubecker will have another year of experience under her belt. Whether she starts the season or returns midway through, she will have a significant impact on how well the Terps fare in 2022.

8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:36 am
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:36 pm Hannah Leubecker https://twitter.com/MarylandWLax/status ... 1867930633
Hannah Leubecker is a stud for the Terps. Last year she registered 58 goals, 25 DC's, 11 GB's and 8 CTO's in 17 games. I think she has only scratched the surface of how dominating she can/will be. In this clip however, I want to call attention to the wasted time off the clock while running to avoid her defenders instead of passing to an open teammate. I was puzzled by it after watching a few times. Was a lack of coaching the cause for the burned 13 seconds? Maybe Hannah was coached on what to do but improvised in the moment? Tactically, it wasn't effective. Whatever the reason, Maryland could have saved themselves precious seconds to go for the game tying goal. The pre-2020 Terps would have found a way to pull it off. This has a Caroline Steele crunch-time equalizer written all over it. In any event, I think the Terps will be more of a tough out this season, just by virtue of the fact that Leubecker will have another year of experience under her belt. Whether she starts the season or returns midway through, she will have a significant impact on how well the Terps fare in 2022.

Still trying to drive traffic to your youtube channel by posting irrelevant videos on this site? You would be better off by buying followers & views. You would think that the admin wouldn't allow that.
OuttaNowhereWregget

8meterPA wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:42 am
Still trying to drive traffic to your youtube channel by posting irrelevant videos on this site? You would be better off by buying followers & views.
No, I am trying to get some feedback on strategy so I can learn more about the game. Do you have any to offer?
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:52 am
Still trying to drive traffic to your youtube channel by posting irrelevant videos on this site? You would be better off by buying followers & views.
No, I am trying to get some feedback on strategy so I can learn more about the game. Do you have any to offer?
yep, here you go - https://laxstrategies.wordpress.com/
user1020

Post by user1020 »

How well do we think the Terps will do this year?
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Defense vastly improved .

Attack improved with Cordingly

Midfield deeper . Dangerousness will be defined by Griffin, Ahearn and 2 of the freshmen.

A better team than last year definitely. How much better won’t be known until seasons end.
OuttaNowhereWregget

8meterPA wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:20 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:52 am
yep, here you go - https://laxstrategies.wordpress.com/
So according to what you linked, Maryland violated two principles: (1) They seemed to have no plan and (2) the ball was near the sideline, not the middle. Would that be correct?

"We talked about transition and moving the ball through the midfield, once you have done that and the ball is in now by the restraining line, what should be happening? Don’t allow your team to have no plan. Your players responsibilities change depending on where the ball is and what it’s doing.

First thing is we want the ball in the middle of the field by the time it hits the restraining line. This gives us the most options. The entire field has opened up for passing options, the ball is in the most dangerous place, especially in the hands of your fastest players and the possibilities for your players are endless."
OuttaNowhereWregget

user1020 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:36 pm How well do we think the Terps will do this year?
I'm still looking to see if anyone emerges as a go-to leader on the offense. I think they have been floundering a bit in that area since 2020.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:01 pm
user1020 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:36 pm How well do we think the Terps will do this year?
I'm still looking to see if anyone emerges as a go-to leader on the offense. I think they have been floundering a bit in that area since 2020.

2019 champs had no offensive leader. A very balanced attack and the highest goal average in many years.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Essexfenwick wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:24 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:01 pm

2019 champs had no offensive leader. A very balanced attack and the highest goal average in many years.
Agreed--but I haven't seen an offensive leader emerge since then. It might very well be Leubecker in '22. We'll see.
OuttaNowhereWregget

From yesterday's alumni scrimmage

Can't miss Jen Giles--easily my all time favorite Terp. She played with a lot of joy and fire and determination. She was a pretty tough cookie, too.

OuttaNowhereWregget

First look at the 2022 Terps. Nice start time.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Pathetic, Maryland. Truly pathetic.

I’m putting this here in hopes that someone in the Maryland program who has some influence might get the ball unstuck from the fence…I mean get the ball rolling to either build a new lacrosse field or make renovations to the existing one. This is bush league at its worst. The reason Cordingley had to pry a ball from the fence vs Florida yesterday to begin with is the dimensions of the boundaries to the field were ill conceived and ill thought out. The fence is too close to the playing field to safely place extra balls along the out of bounds lines. So, we get this on occasion. There was another instance not too far back (pictured below). So embarrassing. The all time greatest program in women’s lacrosse and they can’t put extra balls down because of the verkakte design of the facility. Pathetic, Maryland. Truly pathetic.

Cletus wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:59 am The event described took place in the 2nd half (see pictures), unless it happened multiple times and also happened in the first. I don't see one ball along that endline. And Hop's Shelby Harrison, is going to tug and pull on a ball firmly lodged in the fence while there was one nearby?

DMac

Post by DMac »

Looking at Princeton and they have a similar situation (maybe a little more room...not much though), they've got balls there by the fence. No reason for Md to not have 'em there, if the fence can be there, balls can be lined up at the bottom of the fence too.
westcoastlax

Post by westcoastlax »

No reason extra balls on the end line can not hang from a cup or small box in the fence. It would be a safe alternative to balls on the ground at these tight stadiums.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Plenty of solutions there. To have a girl pulling a stuck ball out of a fence is one thing in a pick-up game in a school yard, quite another on a D1 field.
aubartolomei

Post by aubartolomei »

https://static.umterps.com/custompages/ ... fhlax.html

Here. You can donate some of your hard earned money to fix it. Maybe they'd even name the endline after you.
OuttaNowhereWregget

aubartolomei wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:36 pm https://static.umterps.com/custompages/ ... fhlax.html

Here. You can donate some of your hard earned money to fix it. Maybe they'd even name the endline after you.
The greatest women's lacrosse program in history--passing the hat. More embarrassment.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”