CradleandShoot - 1 Minute (2 Day) Penalty

The forum rules are little different than lacrosse rules. You can read more within this forum. If you are assessed a penalty, this is the only forum you can post within.
JoeMauer89

Re: CradleandShoot - 1 Minute (2 Day) Penalty

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Tommy No wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:57 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:10 pmWhy don't you just be honest and admit you are the Admin as well! Its not right that you are the Admin, and posting in threads regularly...

Joe
I have no idea who is or isn't the Admin and... Who do you suggest should be the Admin? What do you suggest?

That the Admin should not participate actively in threads. I don't care one bit WHO it is.

Joe
Tommy No

Post by Tommy No »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:52 amThat the Admin should not participate actively in threads. I don't care one bit WHO it is.
And he doesn't. So why are you piping up?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Tommy No wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:28 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:52 amThat the Admin should not participate actively in threads. I don't care one bit WHO it is.
And he doesn't. So why are you piping up?
Why are you taking such offense to this? :lol: :lol:

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:52 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:10 pmWhy don't you just be honest and admit you are the Admin as well! Its not right that you are the Admin, and posting in threads regularly...

Joe
I have no idea who is or isn't the Admin and... Who do you suggest should be the Admin? What do you suggest?

That the Admin should not participate actively in threads. I don't care one bit WHO it is.

Joe
Why shouldn't he?

I don't know if he does or doesn't, don't care either way.
It's his site. We're just guests.

Why should you care?
Tommy No

Post by Tommy No »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:44 pmWhy are you taking such offense to this? :lol: :lol:
Not offended as much as confused. what youre saying dioesn't make sense.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:55 pm

Joe

Joe
Why shouldn't he?

Why should you care?
Keep living in a fairy-tale world.

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:38 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:55 pm

Joe

Joe
Why shouldn't he?

Why should you care?
Keep living in a fairy-tale world.

Joe
"fairy tale world"?? :roll:

Joe, I keep asking you a straight question. So what?
Why should you care?

Maybe you don't have a good answer now that you think twice?

It's ok for you to apologize for the personal accusation "be honest" at Matnum and to say you now realize there's no reason to be bothered if the Admin has a personal account for his personal views, responds as Admin only in actual administrative matters.

No one would think less of you if you did.

Or actually tell us exactly what bothers you about it, if it still does.

Seriously, this is his site, his playground, you and I are just guests.
Mel the Therapist

Post by Mel the Therapist »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:11 pmOr actually tell us exactly what bothers you about it, if it still does.
Joe's being upset and his consequential reaction (i.e. his acting out within these threads) has nothing to do with you, MD, or, really, most anything going on within this forum. It has everything to do with his feeling attacked, his feeling that he is being treated unfairly. And, objectively, he may be being treated as fairly as fair comes, but this will not change what he's experiencing. For whatever reason, Joe is triggered by lots of stuff on these pages. We all have stuff from our pasts, usually our childhoods, usually related to our parents, and, in this case, we're just seeing this play out with a specific post-er. In other words, MD, don't look for a rational explanation. This stuff is irrational.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Mel the Therapist wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:11 pmOr actually tell us exactly what bothers you about it, if it still does.
Joe's being upset and his consequential reaction (i.e. his acting out within these threads) has nothing to do with you, MD, or, really, most anything going on within this forum. It has everything to do with his feeling attacked, his feeling that he is being treated unfairly. And, objectively, he may be being treated as fairly as fair comes, but this will not change what he's experiencing. For whatever reason, Joe is triggered by lots of stuff on these pages. We all have stuff from our pasts, usually our childhoods, usually related to our parents, and, in this case, we're just seeing this play out with a specific post-er. In other words, MD, don't look for a rational explanation. This stuff is irrational.
Mel,

I already have a therapist, you can take your opinion somewhere else. I am responding the way I do because MD consistently acts as if he is the voice of reason in all matters related to this thread. I am tired of it, so I express my opinion where I feel necessary. I make plenty of rational posts. I make "irrational" ones when I feel like it. Its a message board. You don't know me from a fly on the wall. So keep your thoughts to yourself, thanks. :roll: :roll:

Joe
Mel the Therapist

Post by Mel the Therapist »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:21 pm Mel,

I already have a therapist, you can take your opinion somewhere else. I am responding the way I do because MD consistently acts as if he is the voice of reason in all matters related to this thread. I am tired of it, so I express my opinion where I feel necessary. I make plenty of rational posts. I make "irrational" ones when I feel like it. Its a message board. You don't know me from a fly on the wall. So keep your thoughts to yourself, thanks. :roll: :roll:

Joe
It seems like you're responding with aggression. This may be helpful for us. When you read my post to MDlaxfan76, how did that make you feel?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:51 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:43 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:45 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:20 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:19 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:57 pm Indeed, there's a big part of America who actually see police violence, and over incarceration, against minorities as necessary,

A huge load of hogwash coming from between the pipes. What the heck is over incarceration?? Does that mean too many guilty people are put behind bars. I think I spent 20 minutes laughing and shaking my head at the brain numbing logic being used here. Does anybody on this forum pay any attention to the daily violence being used AGAINST the police? :?
cradle, you'll be back soon on the regular threads and you'll undoubtedly have lots of opportunities to disparage my views, but I happened to see this post and thought, well why not respond?

Yeah, over incarceration of minorities is when you put minority "criminals" behind bars for offenses of equivalent severity, disproportionately per infraction relative to whites. Same crime, different time, different likelihood of prosecution.

And then you have discriminatory sentencing for certain types of drug offenses relative to others, heavy sentences for possession of crack cocaine, light sentences for coke...different set of "criminals", thus different sentencing restrictions.

And, of course, the whole criminalization of some substances, no crime for others...

and, the reality that populations with less wealth (of all races) are most likely to turn to crime. And this particular issue exacerbated by redlining and other practices ghettoizing by ethnicity.

But hey, call it "hogwash" or "mind numbing" if you want...OR bother to actually ask what is meant with an open mind...

Want to change the subject to violence against police? It's a very, very serious issue. Absolutely.

What's your prescription? More incarceration?
We already have the highest incarceration rate of any first world country...

My prescription is decriminalization of drug use. All drug use.
What is your prescription?? Over incarceration means the criminals were over arrested and over convicted in the first place. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Yes I do understand the irony when it concerns Robert Blake. Here in my neck of the woods we just had a 3 time parolee arrested for armed bank robbery only shortly after being released from prison. Define for me what you mean by "over incarceration"
Is there also then such a thing as " under incarceration" ?You are the one who brought up the term. Your the one who has some "splainin to do" You do know that most of these folks busted selling drugs also are quite the business folks. They have other sideline businesses to add to their drug dealing income. I bet you did not know that quite a few of them dabble in a number wide variety of illegal activities. Your answer is to release them to the streets. :roll: These folks were all arrested because they sang too loud in the church choir on Sunday. :lol: FTR, would you have a problem hiring any of these ex-cons to drive for your company? I know how you feel about not hiring WP types. I'm wondering where your belief system stands when it comes to trusting ex-cons who may be black or brown? Even if maybe they were convicted of armed robbery... Here is your chance to shine. :D
Try reading what I wrote directly above.
Not what you imagine, but what I actually wrote.

Then go ahead and ask me a question or two that reflects having done so...this rant does not.
MD,

You were the one who decided to engage, you don't get to choose what his response might be. You just can't help yourself can you. Do everyone a favor and take a nice little break from this site.

Joe
:D couldn't help yourself, huh, Joe?

How about engaging on the actual discussion, not the poster?
Do you have something to contribute on topic?

cradle can respond for himself, on the merits of the discussion. He frequently does. I "don't get to choose" how he responds. Nor does he, nor you, get "to choose" how I respond.

But I am asking him to read my response and respond on the merits. He can "choose" to do so or not. Up to him.

In this case, given that cradle was in the doghouse, yet nevertheless clearly wanted to interact and quoted me from another thread, I gave him my respect and answered best I could.

Hopefully he'll give me the same respect, but I certainly can't control or "choose" that. Up to him.
https://nypost.com/2021/05/29/washingto ... h-village/

i guess this touches on the law of unexpected consequences. Even the liberal open minded folks that live in Greenwich village are sick of drug addicts shooting up without a care in the world. I know your response will be get them help. Having watched my best friend spend 10 years of his life trying to quit cocaine and having been to more rehabs than I can remember... getting an addict the help they need is easy to say and darn near impossible to do.
First, thanks for engaging respectfully. I appreciate it.

Second, quite agree...my sister-in-law's stepson died of an overdose at age 24. Not for lack of family effort. Tragic.

True of alcoholics as well. But we don't incarcerate them for the addiction nor do we incarcerate the companies that hook them. Tried that, of course, but it didn't work.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Mel the Therapist wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:28 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:21 pm Mel,

Joe
It seems like you're responding with aggression. This may be helpful for us. When you read my post to MDlaxfan76, how did that make you feel?
Mel,

It made me think, this person knows nothing about my personality or anything about me in general. I am actually a very nice guy, I just don't put up with nonsense. Why are you on this site all the sudden? I mean I don't post in every thread, but I haven't seen your name pop up before. It seems like you are trying to promote something with your presence on this site. If you are going to try and break me down, it's not going to work. Aggression is only truly aggression if that's the way you sense it. Trust me, I'm not being aggressive. Even MD knows that! :lol: :lol:

Joe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mel the Therapist wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:59 pm
Joe's being upset and his consequential reaction (i.e. his acting out within these threads) has nothing to do with you, MD... This stuff is irrational.
Mel, your intent aside, your post is inappropriately focused on a post-er. Stop...
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Seems comical that users who are on vacation for rules violation and confined to this forum are now being warned here for the same behavior. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's the point?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:59 am Seems comical that users who are on vacation for rules violation and confined to this forum are now being warned here for the same behavior. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's the point?
Some of us are on vacation, like myself. Other folks are not, they are simply responding to posts as in any other thread. Not that hard a concept to figure out. My comments are 100 percent censored and as pure as the wind driven snow. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

It's frkn hilarious! :lol:

And now we have a keyboard therapist chiming in with free psycho babble about Joe! "Joe, tell me about your relationship with your mother? Did she breast feed you? Where does your pent up anger come from? Were you not a starter on your modified lax team?" A regular Lucy Van Pelt!

C&S has an active thread while in the Sin Bin, all while he sits alone pondering the Penfield/Spencerport matchup tonight. Funny how some of the political thread regular yucks gravitated over to Cradle's thread! He's like a 2021 Jim Morrison!
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Nigel wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:16 pm It's frkn hilarious! :lol:

And now we have a keyboard therapist chiming in with free psycho babble about Joe! "Joe, tell me about your relationship with your mother? Did she breast feed you? Where does your pent up anger come from? Were you not a starter on your modified lax team?" A regular Lucy Van Pelt!

C&S has an active thread while in the Sin Bin, all while he sits alone pondering the Penfield/Spencerport matchup tonight. Funny how some of the political thread regular yucks gravitated over to Cradle's thread! He's like a 2021 Jim Morrison!
I have not felt alone the last couple of weeks. I think Penfield should handle the Rangers of Spencerport tonight.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Nigel,

This made my day! :lol: :lol:

Thanks!

Joe
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:43 pm

I have not felt alone the last couple of weeks. I think Penfield should handle the Rangers of Spencerport tonight.
Agreed. Penfield handled them fairly easily the first time. S'port better get off the bus ready to play. Look out your jail cell, it's a great night for a game.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

:)
Nigel wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:30 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:43 pm

Agreed. Penfield handled them fairly easily the first time. S'port better get off the bus ready to play. Look out your jail cell, it's a great night for a game.

Return to “FANLAX RULES AND PENALTY BOX”