Lacrosse Analytics

D1 Mens Lacrosse
laxreference

Re: Lacrosse Analytics

Post by laxreference »

Data Engineer/Lacrosse Fan --- Twitter: @laxreference --- Informed fans get Expected Goals, the new daily newsletter from LacrosseReference
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Data Engineer/Lacrosse Fan --- Twitter: @laxreference --- Informed fans get Expected Goals, the new daily newsletter from LacrosseReference
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Bartman wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:27 am Late to the game on the great analysis on this site. Fantastic data for fans of the lacrosse. Thanks
Better late than never. Welcome to the party!
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

As always, here is the daily digest for Apr 27, 2019.
Last edited by laxreference on Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

laxreference wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:27 am As always, here is the daily digest for Apr 27, 2019.
Broken link :|
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Hawkeye wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:48 am
laxreference wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:27 am As always, here is the daily digest for Apr 27, 2019.
Broken link :|
Thanks. It's been updated.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

laxreference wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:45 pm The lowest win probability that Providence had at any point during the game was 0.0%, which means that this was a “happens-a-couple-times-a-year” type comeback.
I'm picking nits, but this is not what 0.0% means to me.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Wild finish to the regular season. But it turned out a pretty power-packed list of the top individual performances for the past week.

There were two record setters at the top this week.

TD Ierlan of Yale set the single game FO record.

Michael Sowers of Princeton set the single-season and career points record.

Like I said: power-packed

And here is the infographic for the full top-20:
PlayerGame_visualization(20190429).png
PlayerGame_visualization(20190429).png (58 KiB) Viewed 3266 times
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

OK, I know I am a homer and SOWERS was awesome against Cornell BUT Petterson put up 4 and 3 against Princeton and is not mentioned. Did he have some unforced turnovers or other negative plays that brought his number down. I think I saw him turn it over once but also I believe had a GB.

Great, TD Ierlan is the highest ranked player, and the RED have to go against that monster Friday Night. Sheesh. Lets hope the OTHER Ierlan is the better of the 2 Friday night.

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

I put together an explainer for why the Bracketology simulator only gives Cornell a 35% chance to be a part of the NCAA tournament field. Hint: it has basically nothing to do with their resume.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

joewillie78 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:04 pm OK, I know I am a homer and SOWERS was awesome against Cornell BUT Petterson put up 4 and 3 against Princeton and is not mentioned. Did he have some unforced turnovers or other negative plays that brought his number down. I think I saw him turn it over once but also I believe had a GB.

Great, TD Ierlan is the highest ranked player, and the RED have to go against that monster Friday Night. Sheesh. Lets hope the OTHER Ierlan is the better of the 2 Friday night.

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
He did have a great game against Princeton. His final line totaled up to 4.64 EGA, so not that far off the mark for getting on to the list.

The reason he didn't make the list is that is 4 goals were all assisted. As we've been back and forth on, this is not a bad thing in terms of the team offense (it's probably a good thing), but since we have to give half credit to the assister, it does have a deflationary effect on his total EGA.

And he actually had 3 GBs. Give the man some credit, why don't you!
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Updated list of Live Win Probability Links

- Quinnipiac vs Detroit
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Updated list of Live Win Probability Links

- Vermont vs Albany
- Penn State vs Rutgers
- UMass vs Drexel
- Quinnipiac vs Detroit
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

laxreference

Post by laxreference »

laxreference

Post by laxreference »

laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”