NCAA Football

General Chatter
DMac

Re: NCAA Football

Post by DMac »

Wouldn't have put a dime on CU winning that one at the half. Were unimpressive in the first half and NU just kept helping CU out. Didn't figure that could continue. Second half the Buffs looked much more like they did v TCU. Prime with twice the wins as CU had all of last year two games into the season. Colorado football is fun!!
ggait

Post by ggait »

Was thinking/hoping that CU/CSU might draw College Gameday next week with a win over NU.

But Fox jumped the gun and announced that the Big Noon show will be at Boulder again next week.

What a first world problem for the Buffs to have. Crazy.

PS — Gameday and Big Noon both in Boulder next week. Wow.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Before the season started it was said that the games would be shortened a bit with the new rule changes. So far, it does not appear to me that the game has been speeded up at all.

If I could have my way, there'd be single unit, very limited substitution, one time out per half, two 35 minute periods, running time, backfield motion allowed, larger football, no blitz, goal posts just behind the goal line with overhang, arm wrap tackling only (no shoulder charge tackle), and the field widened by ten yards at a minimum with goal posts widened as well. All this will allow more 4 point drop goals (which actually still are allowed per the rule book) with more foot in football. Ideally, the game would be over in 90 minutes or less.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:52 pm Before the season started it was said that the games would be shortened a bit with the new rule changes. So far, it does not appear to me that the game has been speeded up at all.

If I could have my way, there'd be single unit, very limited substitution, one time out per half, two 35 minute periods, running time, backfield motion allowed, larger football, no blitz, goal posts just behind the goal line with overhang, arm wrap tackling only (no shoulder charge tackle), and the field widened by ten yards at a minimum with goal posts widened as well. All this will allow more 4 point drop goals (which actually still are allowed per the rule book) with more foot in football. Ideally, the game would be over in 90 minutes or less.
Watch more rugby. lol
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:22 pm
Watch more rugby. lol
I actually do!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

In ESPN's early days, they had trouble filling airtime.
I enjoyed watching Aussie rules football, even if I never did understand it.

I have always thought if you dropped random sports fans who never heard of any version of football, and showed one game of American, Canadian, English, or Aussie football, and asked which would they like to watch a second time, Aussie would be the overwhelming favorite.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Glad to see that R7s is growing on college campuses.

Sport is especially great because it is brief and to the point. :D

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Smack talking from COlorado State Coach about Coach Prime: https://www.instagram.com/p/CxLyMGnJfyW ... BiNWFlZA==
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
ggait

Post by ggait »

CSU backed that smack talk up.

If they didn’t have four turnovers and almost 200 yards of penalties, CSU would have handed CU a shocking upset defeat.

Stuff gonna get real for the Buffs — next two games are Oregon, USC.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

ggait wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:15 am CSU backed that smack talk up.

If they didn’t have four turnovers and almost 200 yards of penalties, CSU would have handed CU a shocking upset defeat.

Stuff gonna get real for the Buffs — next two games are Oregon, USC.
But they did have four and 200. That hit on Travis Hunter was way out of line. First thing I thought of was what happened to Drew Bledsoe. Hunter now out for a few weeks. Injury not disclosed at this point.
ggait

Post by ggait »

The hit on Hunter was egregious, of course.

Was just commenting, as a Buffs fan, that I think the air is starting to come out of the Prime balloon.

20 point favorite at home and you steal an improbable win in 2OT. Against an opponent who coughed up 4 turnovers and 185 penalty yards. About as weak a performance you can have but still win.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

For those that may have missed 60 Minutes last evening:

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
tech37

Post by tech37 »

ggait wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:05 pm The hit on Hunter was egregious, of course.

Was just commenting, as a Buffs fan, that I think the air is starting to come out of the Prime balloon.

20 point favorite at home and you steal an improbable win in 2OT. Against an opponent who coughed up 4 turnovers and 185 penalty yards. About as weak a performance you can have but still win.
I disagree with you guys. The hit on Hunter was late for sure but egregious? Have you seen every angle of the play? Dback clearly hits Hunter shoulder to shoulder without leading with helmut or hitting him in the head and probably why "targeting" wasn't called. And rightly so.

A shame the hit left the receiver to ground in an awkward manner and injured. It's football boys... happens.

I would bet the ranch, the dback intent on making the tackle and at full speed, never saw the ball soar over the receiver to the ground.

Consolation for you... that same dback was burned for the winning TD in second OT.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Safety took three steps after ball hit ground before making hit. Play over, defenseless receiver. Very cheap shot.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

ggait wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:39 am Safety took three steps after ball hit ground before making hit. Play over, defenseless receiver. Very cheap shot.
Nope. Three football steps is a nanosecond.

Did you see all angles? Had the timing been legal, would have been considered a good hit.

I have a feeling ggait never played competitive football?
Last edited by tech37 on Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:45 am For those that may have missed 60 Minutes last evening:

h8PSWeRLGXs

GREAT video. Thanks for sharing.

Controversial but really cool coach. Interesting how despite all the education and exposure to the limelight, he retains the ghetto accent and says,

"we ain't got next, we got now"
"shoot man"
"he gonna start sayin' "
"dat don't make sense"
"ain't never done none of dem"

Good to see that his approach resonates with so many of those suburbanite players there in Colorado. The rest of the season should be very interesting.

ggait

Post by ggait »

tech37 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:57 am
ggait wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:39 am Safety took three steps after ball hit ground before making hit. Play over, defenseless receiver. Very cheap shot.

Did you see all angles? Had the timing been legal, would have been considered a good hit.

I'll go with JJ Watt's analysis: They do ejections for some weak targeting calls, but you don’t get ejected for something absolutely ridiculous like that?!?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

ggait wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:19 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:57 am

I'll go with JJ Watt's analysis: They do ejections for some weak targeting calls, but you don’t get ejected for something absolutely ridiculous like that?!?
Whatever... You probably haven't viewed the, IMO, exculpatory angle (thought you'd like that counselor).
ggait

Post by ggait »

Good to see that his approach resonates with so many of those suburbanite players there in Colorado.
There's only 9 Colorado natives on the CU squad. Has always been that way. Colo just does not produce significant numbers of top HS players.

Back in the Bill McCartney glory days of the 1990s, the roster in Boulder was filled with players from Texas and California, mostly black, many from the 'hood.

Sanders, much like McCartney, doesn't fit in culturally in granola liberal Boulder at all. But it can work so long as the approach vibes with the players. It also works if the program has been so bad for so long that they are desperate to try something way outside of the box.

Very much TBD how long this can realistically last. But so far, it is completely unbelievable. Three national TVs shows (60 Minutes, College Gameday and Big Noon Kickoff) we are filming on the CU/Boulder campus over the weekend.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Whatever... You probably haven't viewed the, IMO, exculpatory angle (thought you'd like that counselor).
So why don't you post that Sherlock?

Three angles. All look cheap shot to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbjwZjl5keI

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”