Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by cradleandshoot »

Anybody around these parts hear a border patrol officer past or present brag about how great things are at the border? :roll:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:59 am Why don't you take your bullchit to Eagle Pass, Texas? I bet you wind up with cowboy boot jammed up your ass. Go and tell those folks that live in Eagle Pass that Joe is obeying our immigration laws. :roll: :roll:

You do realize that Bidens catastrophic screw up at the southern border could be why he loses in November.
Cradle....how hard would it be for me to find "this is a crisis at the Texas Border" stories from the last 20 years, EXCLUDING Biden?

Or find clips of Border Agents telling folks about how bad the border is BEFORE Biden?

This isn't new. Not even close, no matter how hard Right Wing Media tries to make it so....
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Anybody around these parts hear a border patrol officer past or present brag about how great things are at the border? :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:26 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:59 am Why don't you take your bullchit to Eagle Pass, Texas? I bet you wind up with cowboy boot jammed up your ass. Go and tell those folks that live in Eagle Pass that Joe is obeying our immigration laws. :roll: :roll:

You do realize that Bidens catastrophic screw up at the southern border could be why he loses in November.
Cradle....how hard would it be for me to find "this is a crisis at the Texas Border" stories from the last 20 years, EXCLUDING Biden?

Or find clips of Border Agents telling folks about how bad the border is BEFORE Biden?

This isn't new. Not even close, no matter how hard Right Wing Media tries to make it so....
Not really a relevant point. The failures of the past 40 years have led us to where we are today. The problem today is if your a Texan living in Eagle Pass Texas you have been dumped smack dab in the middle of the immigration problem. These uninvited guests become the responsibility of a town that does not have the resources to deal with a never ending flow of people. If it's the governments job to secure the border and take charge of the chit show at Eagle Pass why are they not doing their job? :roll: Why do you seem so shocked that having had enough Texas took the immigration bull by the horns?
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:39 pm

Not really a relevant point. The failures of the past 40 years have led us to where we are today. The problem today is if your a Texan living in Eagle Pass Texas you have been dumped smack dab in the middle of the immigration problem. These uninvited guests become the responsibility of a town that does not have the resources to deal with a never ending flow of people. If it's the governments job to secure the border and take charge of the chit show at Eagle Pass why are they not doing their job? :roll: Why do you seem so shocked that having had enough Texas took the immigration bull by the horns?
I'm not shocked. What I'm telling you is that the ONLY reason the TX Gov is playing games is to score political points in the current MAGA environment. And the REASON he's still dealing with is: Trump didn't really fix the problem, and Trump had four freaking years to pass a bill. He didn't, and the same people who are whining about the border in 2024 didn't give a sh(t that Trump didn't fix the problem in four years of chances.

Ask the past Gov Perry if he had to deal with serious border problems from 2000-2015. What do you think he's gonna say? Things were swell?

You know the answer, Cradle. This is NOT a new problem.

And you also know that Trump won't do anything when gets back in office, right? He'll pretend to build a wall, have whatever makes voters think he's shooting people who try and cross......and do NOTHING about the 10,000,000+ illegal workers that are here. You know: the ACTUAL problem.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Eagle Pass tires of spotlight as Texas immigration fight intensifies

The bridge shutdown led to long waits at Eagle Pass' border port with Mexico and caused steep losses for local businesses, said Margie Montoya, interim executive director of the Eagle Pass Chamber of Commerce.

"We depend on the people coming in from Mexico," she said.

[...]

Children's baseball leagues will start soon and will likely need to find other locations to play, she said.

[...]

Despite the intense political climate, the number of migrants attempting to cross the border fell in January, particularly in Eagle Pass and surrounding areas.

The decrease was largely tied to a drop in Venezuelan migrants following a push by U.S. and Mexican authorities to disrupt smuggling networks transporting them, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection official told Reuters, requesting anonymity to discuss non-public information.

[...]

Honduran Ever Moises Garcia, 26, said he decided to head north because he could not support his two young children. He was deported by Mexican authorities four times, but tried again and reached Piedras Negras, where he has stayed for nearly two months while he tries to land a CBP One appointment, he said.
He said he would cross illegally but that the risk is too high.
"There have been many, many immigrants who have crossed," he said, "and they send them back to their country."
a fan

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:52 pm Eagle Pass tires of spotlight as Texas immigration fight intensifies

The bridge shutdown led to long waits at Eagle Pass' border port with Mexico and caused steep losses for local businesses, said Margie Montoya, interim executive director of the Eagle Pass Chamber of Commerce.

"We depend on the people coming in from Mexico," she said.

[...]

Children's baseball leagues will start soon and will likely need to find other locations to play, she said.

[...]

Despite the intense political climate, the number of migrants attempting to cross the border fell in January, particularly in Eagle Pass and surrounding areas.

The decrease was largely tied to a drop in Venezuelan migrants following a push by U.S. and Mexican authorities to disrupt smuggling networks transporting them, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection official told Reuters, requesting anonymity to discuss non-public information.

[...]

Honduran Ever Moises Garcia, 26, said he decided to head north because he could not support his two young children. He was deported by Mexican authorities four times, but tried again and reached Piedras Negras, where he has stayed for nearly two months while he tries to land a CBP One appointment, he said.
He said he would cross illegally but that the risk is too high.
"There have been many, many immigrants who have crossed," he said, "and they send them back to their country."
Border cities used as pawns in the fake immigration fight? Naaaaah. Not possible. :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:51 pm

I'm not shocked. What I'm telling you is that the ONLY reason the TX Gov is playing games is to score political points in the current MAGA environment. And the REASON he's still dealing with is: Trump didn't really fix the problem, and Trump had four freaking years to pass a bill. He didn't, and the same people who are whining about the border in 2024 didn't give a sh(t that Trump didn't fix the problem in four years of chances.

Ask the past Gov Perry if he had to deal with serious border problems from 2000-2015. What do you think he's gonna say? Things were swell?

And you also know that Trump won't do anything when gets back in office, right? He'll pretend to build a wall, have whatever makes voters think he's shooting people who try and cross......and do NOTHING about the 10,000,000+ illegal workers that are here. You know: the ACTUAL problem.
Is he playing games or simply willing to do the job the federal government steadfastly refuses to do?? Nobody on this forum seems to have an explanation. The government just fought tooth and nail to defend their sovereign authority at the southern border. With that authority in hand the government still chooses to ignore the issue. How bizarre is that?? :roll: :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:46 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:05 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:06 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:50 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:26 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:51 am Make it make sense. So now the Biden Admin is telling us, out loud, the want this to continue?

Hope and trust the surgery went well, and that you are resting comfortably, YA.

I am really doubtful I can make this make sense to you. But it makes sense. First, immigration policy is largely if not completely a federal issue, committed to the federal government under the Constitution. States rolling out their own regimes of criminal enforcement risks dividing the power by the number of states that share a border with a foreign nation. The Biden Administration is mostly saying here that Congress and the Executive Branch are committed by the Constitution to work together and cooperatively to create and impose policy on border and immigration matters.

Here is the Solicitor General's filing, asking the Court to stay enforcement of SB4:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/ ... rected.pdf

The application for the stay (really, an order vacating the Fifth Circuit Order which of course lawlessly vacated the district court stay) required a showing that the Texas law was somehow legal or constitutionally infirm:

"On the merits, SB4 is both field and conflict preempted. This Court has long recognized that the regulation of entry and removal of noncitizens is inseparably intertwined with the conduct of foreign relations and thus vested “solely in the Federal Government.” Truax v. Raich, 239 U.S. 33, 42 (1915). In the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. 1101 et seq., Congress has created a comprehensive regime governing the admission and removal of noncitizens. And because the federal government has fully occupied the field of entry and removal, even “complementary state regulation” is preempted. See Arizona, 567 U.S. at 401. Just as Arizona could not “add a state-law penalty” for failure to comply with the INA’s registration requirements, Texas may not impose state law criminal penalties for violations of federal entry and reentry provisions and may not implement state-law “decision[s] on removability.” Id. at 409. Those matters are committed to the National Government because, inter alia, they “touch on foreign relations.” Id. at 401, 409. Indeed, because entry and removal are so central to federal immigration authority, the preemptive force of federal law is even plainer in this case than it was in Arizona."

Alito granted the relief sought by the United States. So federal law preempts Texas law in this particular sphere. It's actually pretty clear and my guess is that Abbott and Paxton both understand this, but need to spend time performing their unlawful antics to a thirsty and less-informed audience.

The Constitution imposes duties on the national government, many of which are cooperative. This is part of why Red v. Blue intransigence -- and the total demonization of "working across the aisle" wrought by our current environment -- is killing the country.
Seacoaster....thank you for the explanation, what you say above makes sense, BUT, it is my understanding that Texas SB4 is in essence a mirror of what is already on the books and the responsibility of the Feds. Meaning, they (TX) are just doing the job on behalf of the Feds who are NOT holding up their legal portion and responsibility It's like the Feds are arguing with themselves just to buy time and accomplish whatever it is they are trying to do.
The states simply don't have the authority to act as the federal government without the direction of the federal government. Period.

It's just posturing for the cameras, all politics not policy, and certainly no respect for the rule of law.

And that's regardless of what one feels about the federal government, Congress, the Administration et al.
IS it really posturing or doing the right thing? I am really suprised to hear you say Texas and all border states need to just sit there quietly and take it up the ass b/c the Feds choose to make a states life a living hell. This letter, which also refers back to the Founders, makes it rather clear. https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/pre ... 4.2024.pdf

So my question back to you and Seacoaster.....WHY?

Why did this Admin 'intentionally' make matters worse AND at the same time continue to lie to gaslight the entire US as if they ARE doing something? What is it they are doing that they can not say out loud?

Is it for (potential blue) votes?
Is it for population growth, as we are in decline?
Is it for increased tax revenue?
Is it just another place for deficit spending to keep us from hitting a recession floor?
IS it all the above and they just can not say it our loud?
YA, I have tried to answer the question you originally posed: why would the DOJ try to keep Texas from implementing and enforcing SB4. I'll stick to my answer; fragmented, non-unitary enforcement is both unconstitutional and a recipe for disaster as the states roll out ragged, piecemeal methods of enforcement. The Executive and Legislative branches of the federal government have to together solve or manage the issues.

Your new questions are the ones I have tried to avoid, freighted as they are with election-intensified Blue v. Red politics. We know -- we observed with our own eyes -- the deal struck in the name of some kind of consensus, which was derailed by a candidate for office who needs the issue either boiling over, or needs a concession from Biden to reinstall the Trump-era immigration policies like Title 42 (which let federal officials rapidly expel unauthorized migrants to Mexico under the Covid-19 emergency) or the “Remain in Mexico” program (which required most asylum-seekers to wait out their cases in Mexico). These proved to be lawyer full employment policies, as they were attacked from every angle by lawyers working on migrant and migration issues. You know that Biden isn't going to do that without some concession to his administration. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, we seem to have gaslighting on this by everyone, irrespective of party.
Appreciate that you 'understand' the crux of my recent conversation/questions. I have not blaming Joe or red vs blue what so ever in this discussion,. We all agree it has been with us for decades......so WHY? What is the dirty little secret 'they' keep from us all? There has to be something more than just political gamesmanship each election cycle for this really simple task to go unresolved for 40+years.

Your last sentence is in tune with with me, like A440 perfectly.
Last edited by youthathletics on Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:03 pm

Is he playing games or simply willing to do the job the federal government steadfastly refuses to do?? Nobody on this forum seems to have an explanation. The government just fought tooth and nail to defend their sovereign authority at the southern border. With that authority in hand the government still chooses to ignore the issue. How bizarre is that?? :roll: :roll:
It's not bizzare at all. We've been over this, cradle.

1. the 1%ers like Trump (and yes, Dems, too) like their cheap illegal labor to line their pockets. So the status quo is good for them.

2. Dem voters don't really care all that much about the issue, and are fine with status quo.

3. Republican voters are DELIGHTED to make this their #1 issue, vote Trump in, and then promptly not care that Trump and the R's in Congress didn't acutally pass a bill fixing the problem. And Republicans in Congress and Trump himself are DELIGHTED that the R voters didn't bother holding Trump and the R's to account from 2016-2020, to ACTUALLY do what Trump campaigned are.

So now here comes Trump and the R's, having already run on the platform in 2016 of "we'll fix immigration and our visa system", and having pulled the football away from Charlie Brown? Republican voter are DELIGHTED to let Trump fool them again, and vote for him....and then promptly not hold Trump to account for an immigration bill for a second time.

It's really not all that complicated. We INCENTIVE our leader to do nothing. So that's what they do...exactly what we tell them to do.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:51 pm And you also know that Trump won't do anything when gets back in office, right? He'll pretend to build a wall, have whatever makes voters think he's shooting people who try and cross......and do NOTHING about the 10,000,000+ illegal workers that are here. You know: the ACTUAL problem.
Nah. He's gonna have the military round up everyone whose not white, put them in concentration camps, then sort out the non-citizens & deport them. You read it first in this forum.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:29 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:51 pm And you also know that Trump won't do anything when gets back in office, right? He'll pretend to build a wall, have whatever makes voters think he's shooting people who try and cross......and do NOTHING about the 10,000,000+ illegal workers that are here. You know: the ACTUAL problem.
Nah. He's gonna have the military round up everyone whose not white, put them in concentration camps, then sort out the non-citizens & deport them. You read it first in this forum.
So you think that you're entitled to be the ONLY paranoid poster here? ;)
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:47 pm

1. the 1%ers like Trump (and yes, Dems, too) like their cheap illegal labor to line their pockets. So the status quo is good for them.

2. Dem voters don't really care all that much about the issue, and are fine with status quo.

3. Republican voters are DELIGHTED to make this their #1 issue, vote Trump in, and then promptly not care that Trump and the R's in Congress didn't acutally pass a bill fixing the problem. And Republicans in Congress and Trump himself are DELIGHTED that the R voters didn't bother holding Trump and the R's to account from 2016-2020, to ACTUALLY do what Trump campaigned are.

So now here comes Trump and the R's, having already run on the platform in 2016 of "we'll fix immigration and our visa system", and having pulled the football away from Charlie Brown? Republican voter are DELIGHTED to let Trump fool them again, and vote for him....and then promptly not hold Trump to account for an immigration bill for a second time.

It's really not all that complicated. We INCENTIVE our leader to do nothing. So that's what they do...exactly what we tell them to do.
yeah cradle, it's always been this bad in Eagle Pass. trump failed to fix it. it's trump's fault.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article ... l%20agents.
The Del Rio border sector, which includes Eagle Pass, was one of the busiest border points last year. In December, as many as 4,000 unauthorized encounters were recorded daily in the Del Rio sector. At times, thousands of migrants waited in an open area adjacent to Shelby Park to be processed by Border Patrol agents. Last year, amid record migrant arrivals, border officials twice shut down one of the two bridges between Eagle Pass and Mexico, to the dismay of local businesses that rely on cross-border traffic. In September, the city declared a state of emergency to make city funds available for expenses related to new arrivals.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:02 pm

yeah cradle, it's always been this bad in Eagle Pass. trump failed to fix it. it's trump's fault.

The Del Rio border sector, which includes Eagle Pass, was one of the busiest border points last year. In December, as many as 4,000 unauthorized encounters were recorded daily in the Del Rio sector. At times, thousands of migrants waited in an open area adjacent to Shelby Park to be processed by Border Patrol agents. Last year, amid record migrant arrivals, border officials twice shut down one of the two bridges between Eagle Pass and Mexico, to the dismay of local businesses that rely on cross-border traffic. In September, the city declared a state of emergency to make city funds available for expenses related to new arrivals.
No one cares, Old Salt. Least of all you.

Please, by all means, vote for your flawless POTUS Trump. And I'll come on to wager as much money as you want that he won't pass an immigration reform bill, or turn on Everify, or do anything other than pretend to build a wall.

And you'll decline just as you did before Trump took office.....because you know perfectly well that your party will NEVER fix this problem, and are pretending to be too stupid to know that.

But please, by all means, tell us that we had zero illegal workers in the US before Biden showed up, and that this mess is 36 months old, and not a day longer. Just like your Republican overlords want you to think. Vote Trump, he'll fix it, OS. And when he doesn't, be sure to not care. Rinse. Repeat.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:20 pm

Please, by all means, vote for your flawless POTUS Trump. And I'll come on to wager as much money as you want that he won't pass an immigration reform bill, or turn on Everify, or do anything other than pretend to build a wall.

And you'll decline just as you did before Trump took office.....because you know perfectly well that your party will NEVER fix this problem, and are pretending to be too stupid to know that.

But please, by all means, tell us that we had zero illegal workers in the US before Biden showed up, and that this mess is 36 months old, and not a day longer. Just like your Republican overlords want you to think. Vote Trump, he'll fix it, OS. And when he doesn't, be sure to not care. Rinse. Repeat.
Trump did build a wall. Close to 500 miles. It takes a long time to walk 500 miles to get around it.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:55 pm

Trump did build a wall. Close to 500 miles. It takes a long time to walk 500 miles to get around it.
Nah. Most of these illegals are coming from those filthy Central and South American sh!thole countries. If they adjust their itinerary in southern Mexico the walk's the same distance.
Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:22 pm

Nah. Most of these illegals are coming from those filthy Central and South American sh!thole countries. If they adjust their itinerary in southern Mexico the walk's the same distance.
I wonder if they use AAA?
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:50 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:22 pm

I wonder if they use AAA?
Maybe Abbott gives free memberships and maps near the Guatemalan border before the free plane rides to Democratic strongholds.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Tejas, the “six flag state,” has been vigorously contested territory for quite some time.

Want the safety of a nice baby blanky, take it back East, tenderfoot.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”