Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:49 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:12 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:01 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:45 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:33 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:47 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:32 am No racism in college sports. Must have been some friends of Petey who don't see skin color.
Remind me again why college athletics are such a cultural mainstay in ‘Murica?
Because college basketball is a much better product than anything the NBA has produced in a very long time. The NBA is where basketball players go to make big money and act like a bunch of prima donnas.
And college basketball is where they go for a year so that they can jump to the NBA.

This is all marketing entertainment. The only question is who gets paid and how.

Personally, I'd hate to see actual 'amateur' college sports go away, but I have no issue with recognizing that the big money college level sports currently exploit the 'labor' for immense profits.

It's interesting to me that the league which has the highest # of sports per school and the highest % of athletes relative to the student body also doesn't have any big money making sports...they play the sports, but they're not financial engines paying for the others.
I love college basketball because the players actually have a passion for the game. The NBA is a different story. I never watch the NBA. I just do not enjoy basketball at the NBA level. It is not a fun product to watch for this person. I have a similar opinion of college lax and pro lax. There is a different attitude towards the game by the players when you reach the highest level.
NBA basketball is at a much higher level. Far more coaching in the NBA and skill level ridiculously higher.
My biggest beef with the NBA.. nobody likes to play defense.
Why is it that these big scorers in college suddenly can’t score in the NBA? You can’t win if you don’t play defense. I don’t like some of the recent rule changes. It has made it even harder to play defense. There is less “defense” in football today. You stopped watching it?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:54 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:32 am No racism in college sports. Must have been some friends of Petey who don't see skin color.
Because college basketball is a much better product than anything the NBA has produced in a very long time. The NBA is where basketball players go to make big money and act like a bunch of prima donnas.
And college basketball is where they go for a year so that they can jump to the NBA.

This is all marketing entertainment. The only question is who gets paid and how.

Personally, I'd hate to see actual 'amateur' college sports go away, but I have no issue with recognizing that the big money college level sports currently exploit the 'labor' for immense profits.

It's interesting to me that the league which has the highest # of sports per school and the highest % of athletes relative to the student body also doesn't have any big money making sports...they play the sports, but they're not financial engines paying for the others.
I love college basketball because the players actually have a passion for the game. The NBA is a different story. I never watch the NBA. I just do not enjoy basketball at the NBA level. It is not a fun product to watch for this person. I have a similar opinion of college lax and pro lax. There is a different attitude towards the game by the players when you reach the highest level.
NBA basketball is at a much higher level. Far more coaching in the NBA and skill level ridiculously higher.
I think basketball folks appreciate the NBA game, relative to the college game, more than non basketball folks. They recognize the differences in overall skill. That said, like anything else it can be fun to watch skilled players passionately playing all out in a fierce competition. That doesn't happen every college game nor every NBA game...but when it does, I think that's what's easiest for the non basketball person to perceive.

I too don't think there's an 'attitude' issue with pro basketball (nor other big $ pro sports) at all; there is certainly a recognition of the length of the season, the frequency of contests and sheer # of contests, and the importance of staying healthy and peaking at the right time. This recognition may diminish, a bit, the intensity at particular times. But these are super intense competitive athletes else they'd not be at this level nor be able to maintain this level. When the whistle blows, the competitive instincts kick in. But obviously, at each level, the intensity crescendoes during rivalry match-ups and in tournament stretches.

The "prima donna" comment smacks of something else, unconscious.
You don’t get to that level if you don’t work hard and play hard. I have several childhood friends that played in the NBA and the NFL. Prima Donna isn’t a word that fits. My neighbor played hoops at Syracuse and his son works out with John Wallace’s son. They work hard.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:02 am

Why is it that these big scorers in college suddenly can’t score in the NBA? You can’t win if you don’t play defense. I don’t like some of the recent rule changes. It has made it even harder to play defense. There is less “defense” in football today. You stopped watching it?
Please don't misunderstand me. I love the game of basketball. My friends and I growing up as yutes played many, many hours of hoops on the outside court by the school where we grew up. I was not the greatest offense person out there. I may have been the best defensive player our there. I have noticed over a period of time time that playing defence has become a lost art in basketball in the pro ranks. I still love Syracuse basketball. Love him or hate him if you can't play in Jimmy Bs 2/3 zone you will not see very much playing time. The NFL has become an offensive friendly league. The hardest job in pro football today is to be an NFL cornerback.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:40 am

Please don't misunderstand me. I love the game of basketball. My friends and I growing up as yutes played many, many hours of hoops on the outside court by the school where we grew up. I was not the greatest offense person out there. I may have been the best defensive player our there. I have noticed over a period of time time that playing defence has become a lost art in basketball in the pro ranks. I still love Syracuse basketball. Love him or hate him if you can't play in Jimmy Bs 2/3 zone you will not see very much playing time. The NFL has become an offensive friendly league. The hardest job in pro football today is to be an NFL cornerback.
So because the NBA has become offensive friendly you don’t like it? Again, what happens to many of the big scorers in college when they get to the NBA. They suddenly just don’t want to work to score? I understand you don’t like pro basketball…..I know plenty of people that prefer college football…. To say they don’t play defense in the NBA is just a lack of understanding. What has happened in the NBA fairly recently is that you can’t touch players today. It’s made it harder to play defense. The defender now can only react to the offensive player. You used to be able to direct the offensive player to some degree.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:16 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:40 am
I'm

So because the NBA has become offensive friendly you don’t like it? Again, what happens to many of the big scorers in college when they get to the NBA. They suddenly just don’t want to work to score? I understand you don’t like pro basketball…..I know plenty of people that prefer college football…. To say they don’t play defense in the NBA is just a lack of understanding. What has happened in the NBA fairly recently is that you can’t touch players today. It’s made it harder to play defense. The defender now can only react to the offensive player. You used to be able to direct the offensive player to some degree.
Maybe my ambivalence for the NBA is because there is no team in the league that I follow. When I do catch a few minutes of an NBA game it does not interest me. College football teams do have an offensive and a defensive coordinator. They may stink on both sides. The objective is to be a fundamentally sound team on offense and defense.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Brooklyn

Re: NBA

Post by Brooklyn »

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/milw ... p-showing/

Milwaukee Bucks win first NBA championship since 1971 behind Giannis Antetokounmpo's legendary MVP showing

Milwaukee ends its 50-year wait with Giannis' historic 50-point effort in a clinching game

The Milwaukee Bucks were fairly quick champions after their inception. The team was founded in 1968, won a coin flip (ironically against the Phoenix Suns) for the right to draft Lew Alcindor a year later, and in 1971, they captured the franchise's first championship. With their star big man in place, Milwaukee seemed likely to continue adding rings to its collection for years to come. That's not how it happened.

Alcindor, who by then had changed his name to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, asked to be traded and ultimately landed with the Los Angeles Lakers. Marques Johnson and Sidney Moncrief came up short. Ray Allen and Sam Cassell came up short. The Bucks had the No. 1 pick three more times after landing Alcindor, but passed on Bernard King in 1977, Jason Kidd in 1994 and Chris Paul in 2005. Their 2013 selection of a young forward from Greece looked like an afterthought for a team that could never quite make it over the hump.

But that unassuming young forward grew into an MVP. So dominant was Giannis Antetokounmpo that fans began to worry that, like Abdul-Jabbar before him, he would seek out greener pastures. But before the 2020-21 season, Antetokounmpo signed a five-year extension with the Bucks that signaled a commitment. He didn't just want to win the championship. He wanted to win it in Milwaukee.

That dream became a reality on Tuesday as the Bucks won their first championship in 50 years as the Greek Freak made history with 50 points in a 105-98 Game 6 win, arguably one of the most historic performances we've seen in a clinching game. They defeated that very Suns team they flipped for Alcindor with decades earlier thanks to another strong outing from Antetokounmpo. That he got to win the title in front of his home fans in Milwaukee was the icing on the cake for a player who has become synonymous with the city he plays in.

Antetokounmpo grew up poor in Greece, and his acclimation to the United States was on full display after he was initially drafted by the Bucks. He enthusiastically tweeted about trying smoothies for the first time. He tried to run to the arena for a game after realizing he'd sent all of his money -- including cab fare -- back to his family in Greece only to hitch a ride from a pair of fans. Those experiences helped shape him as a player, and when he re-signed with the Bucks in December, he made it clear that he didn't want to play anywhere else. "This is the place I want to be," Antetokounmpo said. "This is my home. This is my city, I want to represent Milwaukee."

He's done just that, not only in winning the championship, but in eight full seasons with the Bucks. In an NBA landscape typically dominated by superteams, Antetokounmpo won his first title without ever changing zip codes. At only 26 years old, he'll have plenty of chances to add to his jewelry collection, but just as many rivals looking to dethrone him. Perhaps they'll follow his example and try to do so in one place.

That would be an appropriate footnote for one of history's least likely champions. Antetokounmpo reaching this stage seems almost inevitable compared to some of his teammates. Khris Middleton was a second-round pick included as a trade sweetener in the 2013 Brandon Knight-Brandon Jennings swap. P.J. Tucker went undrafted and had to become an Israeli MVP, Ukranian All-Star and German champion before he could even make his mark in the NBA. Brook Lopez signed in Milwaukee for pennies on the dollar when the market gave him no other opportunities. Pat Connaughton could easily be playing professional baseball right now.

It's a group of players that were well worth the 50-year wait, and one that won't soon be replicated in the modern NBA's mercenary market. After all, it took Milwaukee less than five years to win its first title, but five decades to get its second. Teams like this are rare, and this one will be treasured in Milwaukee forever. For the first time since 1971, the Bucks are NBA champions.

Awesome team work won it for Bucks - coach Mike Budenholzer (sp?) did a masterful job. I wonder if Steve from Brooklyn (their most loyal fan) is still around. If so, I bet he's celebrating big time.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Local boy Jalen Suggs is expected to be the NBA's top draft choice and # 1 prospect:

https://www.yahoo.com/now/jalen-suggs-e ... 24116.html

He signed a yuge contract with Adidas and will make millions. Great background pic of the Brooklyn Bridge:

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/_wDpY ... af70dacf9b

He actually had been a great NFL prospect as well:

“I haven’t been a full-time basketball player yet and that’s scary. I literally put in five months of no basketball every year. I never touched a basketball during [football] season. Now to have it year round like all the rest of the guys, working on my game year round, man, couple that with my work ethic and you talk about ceilings, I don’t know how mine isn’t the highest?” — Jalen Suggs
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:49 am Local boy Jalen Suggs is expected to be the NBA's top draft choice and # 1 prospect:

https://www.yahoo.com/now/jalen-suggs-e ... 24116.html

He signed a yuge contract with Adidas and will make millions. Great background pic of the Brooklyn Bridge:

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/_wDpY ... af70dacf9b

He actually had been a great NFL prospect as well:

“I haven’t been a full-time basketball player yet and that’s scary. I literally put in five months of no basketball every year. I never touched a basketball during [football] season. Now to have it year round like all the rest of the guys, working on my game year round, man, couple that with my work ethic and you talk about ceilings, I don’t know how mine isn’t the highest?” — Jalen Suggs
He’s a baller
OuttaNowhereWregget

75th Anniversary Team

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

A closer look at the NBA’s 75th Anniversary Team, from one of the 88 voters
By Bob Ryan Contributor, Boston Globe October 23, 2021

The NBA’s 75th Anniversary Team is a list. One thing we know for sure: Where there is a list, there is an argument.

Where is Artis Gilmore? Where is Alex English? Where is Chris Mullin? Where is Bob Lanier? Where is Bernard King? Where is Vince Carter? Where is Dennis Johnson? Where is Yao Ming? Where is Adrian Dantley? Where is Grant Hill? Where is Tracy McGrady? Where is Dan Issel? And, for me, where is (the woefully unappreciated) Pau Gasol?

They are all “others receiving votes.” At least I would assume so.

Just so you know, there were 88 voters. They included executives; coaches, past and present; players (male and female), past and present; and media folk. No referees? That would have been interesting. And, yes, I was privileged to be of the chosen 88.

As you may have heard, what we came up with was a top 76, because of a tie in the voting. Just which players tied for that coveted 75th spot has not been revealed.

OK, let’s get to it.

It’s a damn good list, one that properly reflects a league that began with players shooting two-hand set shots and hooks and now features routine 30-foot jumpers. I was pleasantly surprised to see that eight members of the 1971 silver anniversary team are represented, which means that the list includes two players — George Mikan and Dolph Schayes — who began play in 1946 in the National Basketball League, which merged with the Basketball Association of America to form the NBA we know in 1949. I was afraid for both Schayes and Paul Arizin, both selections of mine. I have a soft spot in my heart for Schayes, a 6-foot-7-inch forward whose repertoire included both powerful drives to the hoop and two-hand sets. I hesitated before voting for Arizin, my final rationale being that he, along with Joe Fulks (a silver anniversary choice), had done more to install the jumper as a permanent basketball weapon than just about anyone. A pioneer must be acknowledged.

Eight of my selections did not make the cut. I voted for Dantley, King, Issel, Lanier, McGrady, Mullin, Klay Thompson, and, yes, Gasol. I am disappointed for them all, but I can’t say I’m outraged by anyone who did get in. (Klay Thompson was one of Bob Ryan's selections that did not make the list.)

I made a boo-boo. I thought I had done the requisite research, but after submitting my ballot I realized I had not voted for Bob McAdoo. It was just a horrible oversight. But I consoled myself by saying that he would probably get in, so I could stop beating myself up. And he made it. Whew!

But what I did feel badly about was dropping a couple of 50th Anniversary players from my list. I truly agonized over the candidacies of Bill Sharman and Lenny Wilkens. In the end, I left them both out. Again, I can relax. They both made it.

Closest thing to a controversial pick? I’m guessing Damian Lillard. I must admit: He was my last choice. I kept staring at the numbers and decided he had to be included.

Here are a few things we can unearth from the list:

▪ Not surprisingly, more players have worn a Celtics jersey than any other. There were 20 Celtics. I bet you forgot about Gary Payton, and possibly even Dominique Wilkins and Shaquille O’Neal. Of the 20, Bill Russell, Bob Cousy, John Havlicek, Sam Jones, Larry Bird, and Kevin McHale were Celtics lifers. What about Sharman, you ask? He began his career with the Washington Capitols.

▪ Next were the Lakers, with 15 players. Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Kobe Bryant, and Mikan were all Lakers lifers, with Mikan, of course, having been a Minneapolis Laker. Don’t forget that Baylor began his own career in Minneapolis.

▪ Active players: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kevin Durant, James Harden, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Stephen Curry, LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, Lillard, Russell Westbrook, Anthony Davis.

▪ McAdoo and Payton played for both the Celtics and Lakers. Sharman played for the Celtics and coached the Lakers.

▪ Julius Erving, George Gervin, and Moses Malone are the only pure ABA alums. Rick Barry and Billy Cunningham jumped back and forth between leagues. I’m sure there will be howling about Gilmore’s exclusion. I’d be more upset about Issel.

▪ Dirk Nowitzki and Antetokounmpo are the only players who were developed completely outside the United States, never having played high school or college ball here.

▪ Other NBA one-team lifers (no ABA jumpers) aside from the Celtics and Lakers: Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee), Hal Greer (Syracuse/Philadelphia), Schayes (Syracuse/Philadelphia), Cunningham (Philadelphia), Bob Pettit (Milwaukee/St. Louis), Willis Reed (New York), David Robinson (San Antonio), Reggie Miller (Indiana), John Stockton (Utah), Nowitzki (Dallas), Arizin (Philadelphia), Tim Duncan (San Antonio), Isiah Thomas (Detroit), Wes Unseld (Baltimore/Capital/Washington), Curry (Golden State).

▪ The Lakers have four of the 76 on their current roster: James, Davis, Westbrook, and Anthony.

▪ Trae Young, Luka Doncic, and Nikola Jokic have my votes in advance for the 100th.

The NBA’s 75th anniversary team:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar; Ray Allen; Giannis Antetokounmpo; Carmelo Anthony; Nate Archibald; Paul Arizin; Charles Barkley; Rick Barry; Elgin Baylor; Dave Bing; Larry Bird; Kobe Bryant; Wilt Chamberlain; Bob Cousy; Dave Cowens; Billy Cunningham; Stephen Curry; Anthony Davis; Dave DeBusschere; Clyde Drexler; Tim Duncan; Kevin Durant; Julius Erving; Patrick Ewing; Walt Frazier.

Kevin Garnett; George Gervin; Hal Greer; James Harden; John Havlicek; Elvin Hayes; Allen Iverson; LeBron James; Magic Johnson; Sam Jones; Michael Jordan; Jason Kidd; Kawhi Leonard; Damian Lillard; Jerry Lucas; Karl Malone; Moses Malone; Pete Maravich; Bob McAdoo; Kevin McHale; George Mikan; Reggie Miller; Earl Monroe; Steve Nash; Dirk Nowitzki.

Hakeem Olajuwon; Shaquille O’Neal; Robert Parish; Chris Paul; Gary Payton; Bob Pettit; Paul Pierce; Scottie Pippen; Willis Reed; Oscar Robertson; David Robinson; Dennis Rodman; Bill Russell; Dolph Schayes; Bill Sharman; John Stockton; Isiah Thomas; Nate Thurmond; Wes Unseld; Dwyane Wade; Bill Walton; Jerry West; Russell Westbrook; Lenny Wilkens; Dominique Wilkins; James Worthy.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I didn’t know Robert Sarver got down like that?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.c ... atform=amp

Funny I nearly took a gig w a Phoenix based bank he’s chairman of the the CFO who is super intelligent also had a scandal
Earlier in his career while w Zions bank. Bunch of serious business people but the skeletons are massive.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
DMac

Post by DMac »

Bob Ryan wrote
The NBA’s 75th Anniversary Team is a list. One thing we know for sure: Where there is a list, there is an argument.
This kind of discussion across sports, given its complete insignificance, is pretty nuts and is indeed never settled or agreed upon.
If I had to pick the player I enjoyed watching the most from that list I think it would be Dr. J. So smooth.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:26 pm
Bob Ryan wrote
This kind of discussion across sports, given its complete insignificance, is pretty nuts and is indeed never settled or agreed upon.
If I had to pick the player I enjoyed watching the most from that list I think it would be Dr. J. So smooth.
On what planet is there no David Thompson on that list!!! Bill Walton does not deserve a spot on that team. I believe he averaged 36 games a year over maybe 14 years. Great college player but just didn’t play enough to establish any kind of dominance in the NBA.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... obi01.html

Honestly?….The more I look at his numbers, the more ridiculous it is…..Where is Bob Lanier?!! Where is Adrian Dantley!!!
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:32 pm
Bob Ryan wrote
On what planet is there no David Thompson on that list!!! Bill Walton does not deserve a spot on that team. I believe he averaged 36 games a year over maybe 14 years. Great college player but just didn’t play enough to establish any kind of dominance in the NBA.

Honestly?….The more I look at his numbers, the more ridiculous it is…..Where is Bob Lanier?!!
Bill Walton had one or two good years with Portland, leading them to an NBA title (although I thought Mo Lucas was as important to that team as Walton), then his knees went and he was never the same; a few good role-player years at the end of his career with some very good Celtics teams. David Thompson started his pro career in the ABA (to be fair, so did Dr. J), and as a college player had led the NC State Wolfpack to a famous tourney win over Walton's UCLA; man, Thompson could soar up into the stratosphere. I liked Rick Barry, went to a Golden State game in Oakland the '74-75 season that they shocked the league by sweeping the Bullets in the finals; home games in those finals were played in the old SF Cow Palace because the Oakland Coliseum Arena owners had rented out the place to a circus, never dreaming that the Warriors would make the finals.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Bob Ryan wrote

Honestly?….The more I look at his numbers, the more ridiculous it is…..Where is Bob Lanier?!! Where is Adrian Dantley!!!
Dantley last seen in a strip club doing lines of a dancer's back...

My favorite player, Tom Chambers, is hanging in there on Bill Simmons pantheon which makes me happy.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/aw ... ramid.html
See Martin, Malcolm
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:26 pm
Bob Ryan wrote

My favorite player, Tom Chambers, is hanging in there on Bill Simmons pantheon which makes me happy.

Tom Chambers was dynamite. How is Walton a top 75 NBA player?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:30 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:26 pm
Bob Ryan wrote

Tom Chambers was dynamite. How is Walton a top 75 NBA player?
Simmons gives credit to college and he cradles the balls of Celtics. But if injury shortened careers can be justified then give me some Bernard King!
See Martin, Malcolm
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

KD = 25,000 points

https://www.nba.com/nets/news/feature/2 ... -milestone

DURANT IS 23RD PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY AND SEVENTH FASTEST TO 25,000 POINTS

With a place in the basketball pantheon that is already well-assured, Kevin Durant continues to cross off new milestones and elevate himself into territories of the NBA’s most accomplished players.

With his 37 points against the Boston Celtics on Sunday afternoon, Durant became the 23rd player in NBA history to surpass 25,000 career points and in doing so joined Dirk Nowitzki as the only two players to ever compile 25,000 points, 5,000 rebounds, 1,000 steals, 1,000 blocks, and 1,000 3-pointers made.

“Kevin’s incredible,” said Nets head coach Steve Nash. “I could sit here for an hour talking about Kevin Durant and the ability, the sacrifices, the resilience, the passion for the game. That’s what you see out there. You see obviously someone who has gifts but someone who has worked to master and refine those gifts endlessly. He’s come back from some big injuries and continued to play at an equally high level every single time even well into his 30s here. That’s an impressive, impressive resume and it’s because of all the work on top of the gifts he has.”

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/s ... &strip=all

"I should have had 30,000 points"

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The Beast and the Beard!

A new day in Philly hoops (we hope!)

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

^ kudos for getting the Beard on your side - awesome on offense but his D skills may be lacking

tonite:

Knicks 107
Mavs 77

highlights: https://stories.nba.com/games/Dallas-Ma ... 12453.html

Knicks are going to remain a sub 500 team for the rest of the season. But much to my surprise they played excellent defense against the Mavs. Took a big early lead and never relinquished it.

Julius Randle has had a sub par year but did get 26p 7r 5a

Luka Doncic 31p ~ unstoppable as usual

not many players on the bench tonight - good defense from the PG position as Alec Burks got 11r along with 15 p

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

I enjoyed today's ABC/ESPN broadcast of Dallas > Celtics

Was surprised to see veteran reporter and former coach Hubie Brown still going strong at 88 years of age. He's as sharp as ever & I hope to see him around for a much longer time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dallas+ ... vx;dt;fp;1;;

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”