Netflix - Shows Worth Watching

Movies, TV, and Music
Matnum PI

Re: Netflix - Shows Worth Watching

Post by Matnum PI »

Sword of Trust. Never heard of it, tried it, and... It's actually pretty funny/good. For me, every time the Jon Bass character opened his mouth, I laughed.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Woman In The Window…..a knock off of Rear Window with Vertigo thrown in….was going to bail on it but watched it. Entertaining….cheap thrills.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Movie on Netflix with the one handed incest Kingslayer from game of thrones called Small Crimes.

A cop talking to his buddy who spent time in jail formerly on the force at a high school:

“I miss being a teenager, there’s a kid molesting his girlfriend in the back seat of his car in the parking lot”

Later they are talking and walking out to lot. Girl is seen getting off boy and cop goes: “you be sure to send her some flowers son” as they drive off...
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:59 pm Movie on Netflix with the one handed incest Kingslayer from game of thrones called Small Crimes.

A cop talking to his buddy who spent time in jail formerly on the force at a high school:

“I miss being a teenager, there’s a kid molesting his girlfriend in the back seat of his car in the parking lot”

Later they are talking and walking out to lot. Girl is seen getting off boy and cop goes: “you be sure to send her some flowers son” as they drive off...
One of my best friends loved it. Mentioned it to me last week
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:50 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:59 pm Movie on Netflix with the one handed incest Kingslayer from game of thrones called Small Crimes.

Was surprisingly good. Wasn’t sure. Cop referenced is Gary something who is the boss in office space as the bad guy. Ending was very good.

Also got a start on Social Dilemma last night but only got 20 or so min in. Not a fan of Chamath P however because he’s now a con artist SPAC sponsor. It’s like he’s creating misdirection pointing one way while using his stardom to pick retail investors off on his crappy Spac deals like Clover Health which is a bomb in anyone’s portfolio.

Is it disingenuous for Netflix to produce a film on social media and problems with AI and processing power while running their own algorithm game on people?
See Martin, Malcolm
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Untold: Deal with the Devil. Documentary about Christy Martin and... It's good.
Caddy Day
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Ok, so who has binged on Squid Game so far?...ohh my...watch it in Korean with subtitles.

For those with a preference for something more realistic, MAID is powerful and really well acted...at first I found Andie McDowell's performance as the grandmother off-putting and over the top, but it became more and more 'real' and understandable as the character developed. The protagonist and key driver, Margaret Qualley, who is actually Andie's daughter in real-life as well, is fantastic IMO. The other actors are really terrific too, each with their arc's.

Watched both with my wife in binges, Maid was an easier sell and definitely had us hooked...Squid Game was a horrifying endorphin rush and had us glued as well.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:56 pm Ok, so who has binged on Squid Game so far?...ohh my...watch it in Korean with subtitles.

For those with a preference for something more realistic, MAID is powerful and really well acted...at first I found Andie McDowell's performance as the grandmother off-putting and over the top, but it became more and more 'real' and understandable as the character developed. The protagonist and key driver, Margaret Qualley, who is actually Andie's daughter in real-life as well, is fantastic IMO. The other actors are really terrific too, each with their arc's.

Watched both with my wife in binges, Maid was an easier sell and definitely had us hooked...Squid Game was a horrifying endorphin rush and had us glued as well.
Just started the first episode. I am all in. I watch one a day or so. I don't binge.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:56 pm Ok, so who has binged on Squid Game so far?...ohh my...watch it in Korean with subtitles.

24 Faces of Billy Milligan. TLD will love it too, true story about a convicted rapist (crimes committed at OSU in 1978 I believe) who was the first person to use multi-dissociative personality disorder as a legitimate line of defense for the crimes he admitted. This cat was quite the interesting fella...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:38 pm

24 Faces of Billy Milligan. TLD will love it too, true story about a convicted rapist (crimes committed at OSU in 1978 I believe) who was the first person to use multi-dissociative personality disorder as a legitimate line of defense for the crimes he admitted. This cat was quite the interesting fella...
Thanks, will look into it.
Typical Lax Dad

thanks...will look for it.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:26 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:50 pm

Was surprisingly good. Wasn’t sure. Cop referenced is Gary something who is the boss in office space as the bad guy. Ending was very good.
Watched it last night with the wife. Both enjoyed it, and yep, the ending was good. My only critique was that they drew out the back story far too long, but I suppose that was the intent.

Parents played great supporting roles, demonstrating the ways each work through struggles with their child.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

See Martin, Malcolm
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Just finished it....wow is all I can say.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I can watch 30 Rock's Season 3 Episode 4 "Reunion" over and over...
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

New Netflix “flick” The Harder They Fall - Absurdly talented cast. Old school western genre in many ways. Keeps it fairly simple with the plot. Not a bad one to watch.
See Martin, Malcolm
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:27 am New Netflix “flick” The Harder They Fall - Absurdly talented cast. Old school western genre in many ways. Keeps it fairly simple with the plot. Not a bad one to watch.
Watched it with the wife Saturday evening....while sipping some Balvenie 12yr Doublewood. It was a bit slow at times but kept you engeged, the ending was a clever twist. Interesting how in todays age of gun violence and 2A discussions, they still kept the aspect of being killed on principle and dying with honor...by a bullet.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:50 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:27 am New Netflix “flick” The Harder They Fall - Absurdly talented cast. Old school western genre in many ways. Keeps it fairly simple with the plot. Not a bad one to watch.
Watched it with the wife Saturday evening....while sipping some Balvenie 12yr Doublewood. It was a bit slow at times but kept you engeged, the ending was a clever twist. Interesting how in todays age of gun violence and 2A discussions, they still kept the aspect of being killed on principle and dying with honor...by a bullet.
I love LaKeith Stanfield-note he respected violence. Not sure that parallel exists in our society.
See Martin, Malcolm
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:51 am
I love LaKeith Stanfield-note he respected violence. Not sure that parallel exists in our society.
I like him as well....plus he is Leo, so he gets bonus points. :lol:
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:14 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:51 am
I like him as well....plus he is Leo, so he gets bonus points. :lol:
You see the other new Netflix movie w Ryan Reynolds? Red notice or something like that? Not sure I want to waste the time. But I do want to get my money's worth out of all these damn subscriptions.
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “MOVIES, TV, AND MUSIC”