SCOTUS

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Bandito

Re: SCOTUS

Post by Bandito »

DMac wrote:
Andersen wrote:
seacoaster wrote:
"Also perjury charges will likely be filed against Ford."

C'mon; let's get a consensus here and turn on the "Foe"/Ignore function.

It's on, just click on the username on the post and there should be an "Add Foe" link
What took you so long?
Alright boys, I'm in. Bandildo is on my FOE list of one.
Can't handle the truth? Typical liberal. run away run away. Bye complain
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bandito wrote:
DMac wrote:
Andersen wrote:
seacoaster wrote:

It's on, just click on the username on the post and there should be an "Add Foe" link
What took you so long?
Can't handle the truth? Typical liberal. run away run away. Bye complain
You tell em Bandildo!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

DMac wrote:
Andersen wrote:
seacoaster wrote:

What took you so long?
"Clicking" will place you guys in jeopardy.....of viewing the bon mots and pearls of wisdom from the WYWK. Not sure if you'll get to read this....no doubt I'm on more than a few FOE lists.
DMac

Post by DMac »

wahoomurf wrote:
DMac wrote:
Andersen wrote:
seacoaster wrote:

What took you so long?
"Clicking" will place you guys in jeopardy.....of viewing the bon mots and pearls of wisdom from the WYWK. Not sure if you'll get to read this....no doubt I'm on more than a few FOE lists.
I don't think the FOE thing is all that effective, murf, appears to me as if you still see your FOE's posts if you don't log in anyway. No biggie, just as easy to not respond to the yeast infection that is Bandildo.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

DMac wrote:
wahoomurf wrote:
DMac wrote:
Andersen wrote:
seacoaster wrote:

What took you so long?
I don't think the FOE thing is all that effective, murf, appears to me as if you still see your FOE's posts if you don't log in anyway. No biggie, just as easy to not respond to the yeast infection that is Bandildo.
I appreciate your guidance re: managing friends and foes. Major kudos on your Bandito comment. BRILLIANT!
tech37

Post by tech37 »

"ST. PAUL, Minn. — An ex-girlfriend's allegation that Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison once physically abused her could not be substantiated because she refused to provide video she said she had of the incident, an attorney hired to investigate the claims concluded in a draft report obtained Monday by The Associated Press."

"a lawyer hired by Minnesota's Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party to investigate the allegation against Ellison."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... es-n915491

Hypocrisy on steroids. Don't any of you give me that specious crap that this isn't as important as Kavanaugh...it's the same issue, abuse of women. This didn't happen 36 years ago when Ellison was a teenager either. How come no one instantly believes Ellison's victim? Why does he get the benefit of the doubt? Where's the liberal moral outrage for this woman? Where's the demand for an independent investigation? FBI? Total nonsense Democrats!

FTR: As I've said, I don't like Kavanaugh. IMO, the best thing that can happen at this point is for the confirmation process to go forward and he's voted down. Next nominee up.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote:"ST. PAUL, Minn. — An ex-girlfriend's allegation that Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison once physically abused her could not be substantiated because she refused to provide video she said she had of the incident, an attorney hired to investigate the claims concluded in a draft report obtained Monday by The Associated Press."

"a lawyer hired by Minnesota's Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party to investigate the allegation against Ellison."

Hypocrisy on steroids. Don't any of you give me that specious crap that this isn't as important as Kavanaugh...it's the same issue, abuse of women. This didn't happen 36 years ago when Ellison was a teenager either. How come no one instantly believes Ellison's victim? Why does he get the benefit of the doubt? Where's the liberal moral outrage for this woman? Where's the demand for an independent investigation? FBI? Total nonsense Democrats!

FTR: As I've said, I don't like Kavanaugh. IMO, the best thing that can happen at this point is for the confirmation process to go forward and he's voted down. Next nominee up.
Do you have any comments from the accusers attorney?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:"ST. PAUL, Minn. — An ex-girlfriend's allegation that Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison once physically abused her could not be substantiated because she refused to provide video she said she had of the incident, an attorney hired to investigate the claims concluded in a draft report obtained Monday by The Associated Press."

Why is there no FBI investigation going on or even mentioned in the article?

"An allegation standing alone is not necessarily sufficient to conclude that conduct occurred, particularly where the accusing party declines to produce supporting evidence that she herself asserts exists," Ellingstad wrote. "She has thus repeatedly placed the existence of the video front and center to her allegations, but then has refused to disclose it.

If not for double standards, the Political Democrats would have no standards at all.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

"An allegation standing alone is not necessarily sufficient to conclude that conduct occurred, particularly where the accusing party declines to produce supporting evidence that she herself asserts exists," Ellingstad wrote. "She has thus repeatedly placed the existence of the video front and center to her allegations, but then has refused to disclose it.

If not for double standards, the Political Democrats would have no standards at all.
I agree with seacoaster that this thread is supposedly about the Supreme Court and related topics. Ellison doesn't have any direct relationship to this thread other than as a whataboutism and it's indeed tedious...however, there's been enough back and forth about other folks who have harassed or assaulted women or children, including Clinton, Trump, Weinstein, Cosby and we could go on and on and on...that throwing up Ellison as another potential example is reasonable given that it hasn't yet been shown whether he's lying about it or not (all the others I mentioned clearly were lying in their denials).

But youth, Ellison wouldn't be going through an FBI background check for the position he seeks. Nor is the alleged crime a federal crime. So, it's disingenuous to ask why the FBI isn't involved in that matter.

A SCOTUS job is subject to an FBI background check. It should be noted that while he's been subject to 6 such background checks previously, only the first time through would have been intensive. The subsequent ones would have only been for the periods of time subsequent to the prior one. I don't know when the first check was done but presumably it was prior to the Watergate investigation and his role in that. Meaning in the mid-90's. It would have begun with his behaviors post age 18 only and given the context of the times, it presumably did not look at his behaviors as a high school or college student towards women, albeit had such an assault allegation been raised to them back then we'd at least hope that it would have been noted in the file even if it had not been taken very seriously.

At any point when serious allegations are made, FBI background checks are typically reopened. Whether they are followed up on aggressively presumably would have something to do with the seriousness of the allegation, it's potential for blackmail, and any issues with the person's prior honesty.

Now, on whether Ellison or the woman should be believed, in my book the tie should typically go to the woman but one would indeed need to test the credibility of the accusation and its motivation. I haven't followed the Ellison question closely (yet), but in the Kavanaugh situation the accuser is highly credible, she made these claims well before he was nominated to the Supreme Court and to multiple people. We have not seen any evidence that she herself has had any motivation beyond civic duty nor any evidence that she is hiding truth, shading truth, or lying. She took a polygraph (BTW, a regular requirement of background checks for security clearances) and she requested an FBI investigation to help get to the truth. Contrast that with Kavanaugh and I think we have to say that she is simply far more credible in her behavior in this than has been Kavanaugh. That's probably not enough to convict in a court of law, but close.

We'll need to see how the Ellison situation plays out, but I'd sure as heck hope that if the accuser proves to be credible, then we'd all take that seriously, D or R or I.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

I agree with seacoaster that this thread is supposedly about the Supreme Court and related topics. Ellison doesn't have any direct relationship to this thread other than as a whataboutism and it's indeed tedious...however, there's been enough back and forth about other folks who have harassed or assaulted women or children, including Clinton, Trump, Weinstein, Cosby and we could go on and on and on...that throwing up Ellison as another potential example is reasonable given that it hasn't yet been shown whether he's lying about it or not (all the others I mentioned clearly were lying in their denials).

But youth, Ellison wouldn't be going through an FBI background check for the position he seeks. Nor is the alleged crime a federal crime. So, it's disingenuous to ask why the FBI isn't involved in that matter.

A SCOTUS job is subject to an FBI background check. It should be noted that while he's been subject to 6 such background checks previously, only the first time through would have been intensive. The subsequent ones would have only been for the periods of time subsequent to the prior one. I don't know when the first check was done but presumably it was prior to the Watergate investigation and his role in that. Meaning in the mid-90's. It would have begun with his behaviors post age 18 only and given the context of the times, it presumably did not look at his behaviors as a high school or college student towards women, albeit had such an assault allegation been raised to them back then we'd at least hope that it would have been noted in the file even if it had not been taken very seriously.

At any point when serious allegations are made, FBI background checks are typically reopened. Whether they are followed up on aggressively presumably would have something to do with the seriousness of the allegation, it's potential for blackmail, and any issues with the person's prior honesty.

Now, on whether Ellison or the woman should be believed, in my book the tie should typically go to the woman but one would indeed need to test the credibility of the accusation and its motivation. I haven't followed the Ellison question closely (yet), but in the Kavanaugh situation the accuser is highly credible, she made these claims well before he was nominated to the Supreme Court and to multiple people. We have not seen any evidence that she herself has had any motivation beyond civic duty nor any evidence that she is hiding truth, shading truth, or lying. She took a polygraph (BTW, a regular requirement of background checks for security clearances) and she requested an FBI investigation to help get to the truth. Contrast that with Kavanaugh and I think we have to say that she is simply far more credible in her behavior in this than has been Kavanaugh. That's probably not enough to convict in a court of law, but close.

We'll need to see how the Ellison situation plays out, but I'd sure as heck hope that if the accuser proves to be credible, then we'd all take that seriously, D or R or I.
That was my understanding of how things worked but last week people on this board stated that the FBI does not get involved in situations like Kavanaugh’s. I believe President Trump also said that two weeks ago. I have no reason to believe Ellison’s accuser is lying. It should be investigated. When witnesses don’t cooperate, cases don’t go anywhere, even if a crime was committed, unless there is overwhelming evidence and you don’t need the accusers testimony.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Democrats:

Kavanaugh is a gang rapist
Ok, not a gang rapist, but a serial rapist.
Not a serial rapist, but a rapist.
Ok, not a rapist but a blackout drunk.
Not a blackout drunk, but an alcoholic.
Not an alcoholic, but he drinks beer.
Ok nevermind, he just threw ice at somebody in the 1980s.

Imagine if someone saw him drinking beer with a straw in California!!! That would be the final nail in the coffin!

heck Democrats are the worst. Red Wave is coming and Kav will be the next SCOTUS
DMac

Post by DMac »

wahoomurf wrote:My entries in the "who or what is the real, actual factual BANDITO" contest. Either Anne Coulter, Trump's legitimate son Eric or Betsy DeVos's little brother, Erik Prince.

Any other candidates?
Joan B.
"Joan's even got the nickname the 'jerk Queen.''
https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1691815 ... -sex-toys/
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Chicken turd Republican Senator Perdue hides from women in a bathroom at RR Airport. When asked why he replied (1) they tried to ask me some questions;(2) Mitch Mac ordered me to shut the heck up;(3) my mamma told me that women have COOTIES.

He was so scared of those "bitches" that he had to change his Pampers.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/10/republic ... hroom.html
Last edited by wahoomurf on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

wahoomurf wrote:Chicken turd Republican Senator Perdue hides from women in a bathroom at RR Airport. When asked why he replied (1) they tried to ask me some questions;(2) Mitch Mac ordered me to shut the heck up;(3) my mamma told me that women have COOTIES.

He was so scared of those "bitches" that he had to change his Pampers.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/10/republic ... hroom.html

".....especially women of color who are ALL sexual assault victims " says one of the women chasing down the midget mcconnell . (had no idea he was so small )

All women of color have been sexually assaulted? These people are creeps.

As an aside, What the heck are our Senators doing in an airport on a Tuesday morning? Where are the going? Aren't they in session, or were these confrontations from the weekend?

EDIT: I see it was Monday. Were they coming BACK to DC? These clowns fly commercial, not private?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Old Chucklebees is a riot. She just lost her turd over Bill Clinton, like he is still relevant. :lol: Sometimes her pressers are really entertaining.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
seriously?

Post by seriously? »

Anyone hear from Kavanaugh's parents? You know, the ones who never gave a turd where he was or that he came home wasted on a regular basis while in high school?
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

seriously? wrote:Anyone hear from Kavanaugh's parents? You know, the ones who never gave a turd where he was or that he came home wasted on a regular basis while in high school?
Anyone hear from Obama's parents? You know, the ones who never gave a turd he drank, smoked weed and did lines of cocaine as a teenager? The media praised him for this btw. Such a double standard.
Seriously you need to try harder or stay over on the D1 boards.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

seriously? wrote:Anyone hear from Kavanaugh's parents? You know, the ones who never gave a turd where he was or that he came home wasted on a regular basis while in high school?
seriously - you must have grown up in the '90's??? No one's parents gave a rat's behind where they were in the 80's. All parents in the 80's cared about was (a) if they were "good" parents - your grades and (b) if they were bad parents - that they didn't get a call from the police at 2 in the morning......
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Bandildo protests FL politics

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

dislaxxic wrote:Bandildo protests FL politics

But, but, but he owns his own house (trailer)!

Return to “POLITICS”