Lindsey Vonn to retire at end of 18-19 season

General Chatter
Brooklyn

Re: Lindsey Vonn to retire at end of 18-19 season

Post by Brooklyn »

The GODDESS stays busy:

https://nypost.com/2020/05/05/lindsey-v ... -driveway/

staying neat & pretty :D
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:32 pm The GODDESS!!!

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/20/lindsey- ... -vacation/

She is a stone cold GODDESS, you got that right! :P :P :P

JoeMauer89!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:51 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:32 pm The GODDESS!!!

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/20/lindsey- ... -vacation/

She is a stone cold GODDESS, you got that right! :P :P :P

JoeMauer89!
Look at how clear that water is. YEAH RIGHT!
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

HEADLINE 12/30/20

Skier Lindsey Vonn and NHL star P.K. Subban announce breakup following last year's engagement

Gritty's available!
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Yes, she can do better. :lol:

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

The GODDESS praying for El Tigre:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/l ... -car-crash

Lindsey Vonn is "praying" for Tiger Woods after the legendary golfer was in a serious car crash Tuesday morning in Los Angeles.

The Olympic skier tweeted Tuesday afternoon after the news broke.

"Praying for TW right now," she said along with a prayer hand emoji.

Woods and Vonn dated from March 2013 to May 2015.

Brooklyn

Re: The GODDESS!

Post by Brooklyn »

The GODDESS revisited:

Lindsey Vonn Stuns in Bikini Pics That Show Off Just How Ripped She Is: “I’m Proud of Myself”

Former Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn works hard for her ripped body—and she's showing off the results in a series of photos she posted to Instagram on Tuesday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... =undefined

In the photos, Vonn is rocking a yellow bikini that lets you see just how toned she is—from her abs to her thighs to her backside, she's legit toned everywhere. (And honestly, wherever she posed for these pics is just as stunning as she is.)

"You can judge me if you want, but I've been working hard in the gym and taking care of me.... so I'm going to post some bikini pics because I'm proud of myself. 💪🏻😁❤️ #beyourself," the 36-year-old captioned.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNAZxrAnEeG ... e=ig_embed

Former Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn works hard for her ripped body—and she's showing off the results in a series of photos she posted to Instagram on Tuesday.

In the photos, Vonn is rocking a yellow bikini that lets you see just how toned she is—from her abs to her thighs to her backside, she's legit toned everywhere. (And honestly, wherever she posed for these pics is just as stunning as she is.)

RELATED: Model Winnie Harlow Rocks a String Bikini in New Instagram Pictures—And She Looks Confident AF

"You can judge me if you want, but I've been working hard in the gym and taking care of me.... so I'm going to post some bikini pics because I'm proud of myself. 💪🏻😁❤️ #beyourself," the 36-year-old captioned.

Turns out, people in the comments didn't show up to judge—they celebrated her and her hard work.

"Do u boo!💯👏🏾💪🏾," Good Morning America host and former football player Michael Strahan commented. "okayyyyyyyyyy!," model Ashley Graham wrote. "You have cute toes," comedian Chelsea Handler joked (because, yes, that's what we all noticed first). "Oh Hell yes you are!!! Work work workED!!!," Vonn's personal trainer Gunnar Peterson wrote in response to her caption about working hard and taking care of herself.

Vonn truly does put in the work for the body she has. Her Instagram is filled with workout videos. She can be seen lifting weights, lunging, working with medicine balls, cycling, using a rowing machine, and doing just about any other fitness routine imaginable. "Nothing good in life comes easy. Go out and work hard for what you want!💪🏻," she captioned on her latest workout video.

Plus, she even works out while on vacation, saying that there are"#nodaysoff."

a close up of Lindsey Vonn: Getty Images© Provided by Health.com Getty Images

RELATED: Model Winnie Harlow Rocks a String Bikini in New Instagram Pictures—And She Looks Confident AF

Turns out, people in the comments didn't show up to judge—they celebrated her and her hard work.

"Do u boo!💯👏🏾💪🏾," Good Morning America host and former football player Michael Strahan commented. "okayyyyyyyyyy!," model Ashley Graham wrote. "You have cute toes," comedian Chelsea Handler joked (because, yes, that's what we all noticed first). "Oh Hell yes you are!!! Work work workED!!!," Vonn's personal trainer Gunnar Peterson wrote in response to her caption about working hard and taking care of herself.

a close up of Lindsey Vonn: "You can judge me if you want, but I've been working hard in the gym and taking care of me."© Provided by Health.com "You can judge me if you want, but I've been working hard in the gym and taking care of me."
RELATED: Madonna Just Posed in Lingerie That Shows Off How Toned She Is at Age 62

Vonn truly does put in the work for the body she has. Her Instagram is filled with workout videos. She can be seen lifting weights, lunging, working with medicine balls, cycling, using a rowing machine, and doing just about any other fitness routine imaginable. "Nothing good in life comes easy. Go out and work hard for what you want!💪🏻," she captioned on her latest workout video.

It's not just in the gym where Vonn puts in the work to get her killer physique, but also in the kitchen. In her Instagram Story yesterday, Vonn posted a picture of her lunch: "lots of water, 3x eggs, veggies and avocado💪🏻." She then posted a picture with a nutritionist, saying he has helped her get lean by focusing on drinking lots of water, eating clean food, and timing out her meals.

Sure, Vonn's work has already helped her look (and more importantly, feel) amazing. But she still has goals: In another picture of her in the yellow bikini posted to her Story, Vonn says that she has these three goals: "1) continue to take care of me, 2) maintain this clean living (foods, self care and personal growth), and 3) keep working out because it makes me happy and I feel better when I do it… and just ENJOY LIFE!"

Homage to the GODDESS!

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Hail the Goddess!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-s ... d=msedgdhp

Fans took to the comments to not only share how much they loved the photos, but they also offered words of encouragement.

"That’s some hard work you’re showing off right there! Well done," one person wrote.

"Freakin Gorgeous," a fan said.

"Dope ...be you we love it," someone continued.

"congratulations... you always need to be true and happy with yourself," a user added.

This is not the first time the gold medal skier has opened up about mental health. In an interview with Women's Health Magazine, Vonn admitted that after her divorce from ex-husband Thomas Vonn in 2013, she had to find her mental toughness by relying on herself. One of the ways she did this was by hitting the gym.

“I've always found a lot of mental strength and confidence through working out, especially since I've retired from skiing,” Lindsey said. “Finding ways to push myself in the gym has given me a lot of comfort and general confidence,” she explains. “Working out was definitely my rock throughout the pandemic, too.”

Vonn also takes the time to unwind by watching Law & Order, eating Ben & Jerry's ice cream and creating to-do lists.

“I'm a very goal-oriented person, so the more I can make a tangible expectation for myself, the better I feel," she admitted. "I like accomplishing things, so even if it's small, even just taking the trash out, I can check that off.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/COIjRl2p2Ba ... e=ig_embed

https://tinyurl.com/cea39j2v

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

GODDESS speaks:

Lindsey Vonn talks mental health, strain of Olympics: 'Honestly, everyone should have a therapist'

https://www.yahoo.com/now/lindsey-vonn- ... 08249.html

Lindsey Vonn didn't talk about depression in the early stages of her Olympic skiing career. Part of her viewed it as a sign of weakness. Part of her didn't understand the impact it was having. And in American society at the time, mental health was not exactly the topic du jour.

"I wish I had been able to – or been strong enough to – talk about it back in the early parts of my career," Vonn told USA TODAY Sports on Wednesday. "But I think the older I got and the more support I got from others, the more I realized there's no shame in it."

That's why, as another iteration of the Olympic Games near, Vonn is eager to talk about mental health and the unique stressors that athletes face, both before and after competition. The 36-year-old may be retired, and she obviously earned her three Olympic medals at the Winter Games, rather than the Summer. But for Vonn, that doesn't make the subject any less important – particularly in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.

"I feel like, honestly, everyone should have a therapist," she said. "It should be like having a dentist, or going to a pediatrician. We should all take mental health seriously and do our best every day to make sure we're taking care of it."

Vonn won two medals at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics and a third in Pyeongchang in 2018. In 2012, she revealed that she had been quietly fighting depression, which runs in her family, for more than a decade and had been taking anti-depressants to manage her symptoms.

Vonn spoke to USA TODAY Sports on Wednesday on behalf of Allianz, an Olympic sponsor which said it is providing mental health resources for athletes – including by provided emotional support dogs for a group of skateboarders training in Los Angeles.

The idea hit home for Vonn, who has three dogs and said she has leaned on them in difficult moments. She adopted one of her dogs, Leo, in 2014 while recovering from a knee injury that caused her to miss the Sochi Games. And Vonn famously brought another, Lucy, with her as she traveled for competition in the final years of her career, including to the Pyeongchang Olympics.

"I think dogs give you a level of unconditional love and support that you don't, unfortunately, get from humans," Vonn said. "Lucy doesn't know that I ski race. She doesn't care. She's just happy every time I walk through the door. For me, that always gave me a sense of peace and stability. And it grounded me, because it made me keep everything in perspective."

Lindsey Vonn holds her dog Lucy after a news conference at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, on Feb. 9.
Lindsey Vonn holds her dog Lucy after a news conference at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, on Feb. 9.
Vonn said that, even as a retired Winter Olympian, she's "definitely jealous" of the athletes who will be competing this summer in Tokyo, where the Games begin July 23. She's most looking forward to watching skateboarding, tennis, the U.S. women's soccer team – and, of course, Simone Biles.

As for future Winter Games, Vonn was recently named to the governing board of the Salt Lake City-Utah Committee for the Games, which hopes to bring the Olympics back to Utah in either 2030 or 2034. She hopes the existing – and well-maintained – infrastructure from the 2002 Games will help defray some of the costs that are normally associated with hosting the Olympics.

Vonn was also asked about the upcoming 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, which are slated to begin Feb. 4, and how athletes may be affected by repeated calls to boycott those Games due to China's detainment of Uyghurs, a predominantly Muslim ethnic group. President Joe Biden's advisers have called it "genocide."

"I think the Olympics provide a great platform, for people to speak about things they believe are important, to bring to light things that maybe would not be brought to light," Vonn said. ❤️

Brooklyn

The GODDESS!

Post by Brooklyn »

Even the Goddess looks great wearing a cloth mask:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/07/08 ... 576482.jpg

All Hail the Goddess! ❤️❤️❤️

JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:16 pm Even the Goddess looks great wearing a cloth mask:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/07/08 ... 576482.jpg

She looks even better without it on!

Joe
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Take it off!
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:41 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:16 pm

She looks even better without it on!

Joe

I wouldn't give you an argument. But to her eternal credit, she's setting an example for her loyal Subjects. :D

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It wouldn't be Winter without a discussion about the GODDESS:

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/b92Lp ... ed8274d8e1

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/rock-sa ... 27188.html

Evidently she is pals with the cRock of pro wrestling fame.

After retiring from professional skiing in 2019, one of Lindsey Vonn’s first gigs in retirement was signing on as an official ambassador to Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s Project Rock brand, which is made in partnership with Vonn’s longtime sponsor Under Armour.

Together the two inspiring figures have grown the collection to incorporate more women’s offerings, including a training shoe that’s now in its fourth iteration.

But the bond between these two pals goes back even further.

Vonn, who is the cover star of FN’s January issue, sat down with the magazine earlier this month for an in-depth conversation about her new memoir, “Rise,” and life post-retirement.

In addition to discussing her love of fashion, her struggles with depression and her ambitions in business, she also shared the origins of her partnership with Johnson.

“We actually started our friendship because he was on the cover of Sports Illustrated and they asked him ‘Could anyone keep up with you in the gym?’ And he said the only person would be me — and I was like, whoa, whoa, I’m not sure that’s accurate. Anyways, I was shocked by the interview and his people contacted us and he’s really been a great friend and a great mentor since then,” Vonn recalled.

She added, “I’ve learned a lot from him. He’s always been someone I can call anytime, which is pretty outstanding. And he’s like everything that he appears to be on TV and in movies. He’s just the nicest human.”

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Brooklyn

GODDESS!

Post by Brooklyn »

There are many celebrities at NY Knicks game. The highlight being our GODDESS:

https://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.5 ... /image.jpg

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketba ... 1.50396734

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:57 pm The GODDESS revisited:

Lindsey Vonn Stuns in Bikini Pics That Show Off Just How Ripped She Is: “I’m Proud of Myself”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... =undefined

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNAZxrAnEeG ... e=ig_embed

a close up of Lindsey Vonn: Getty Images© Provided by Health.com Getty Images

a close up of Lindsey Vonn: "You can judge me if you want, but I've been working hard in the gym and taking care of me."© Provided by Health.com "You can judge me if you want, but I've been working hard in the gym and taking care of me."
RELATED: Madonna Just Posed in Lingerie That Shows Off How Toned She Is at Age 62

It's not just in the gym where Vonn puts in the work to get her killer physique, but also in the kitchen. In her Instagram Story yesterday, Vonn posted a picture of her lunch: "lots of water, 3x eggs, veggies and avocado💪🏻." She then posted a picture with a nutritionist, saying he has helped her get lean by focusing on drinking lots of water, eating clean food, and timing out her meals.

Sure, Vonn's work has already helped her look (and more importantly, feel) amazing. But she still has goals: In another picture of her in the yellow bikini posted to her Story, Vonn says that she has these three goals: "1) continue to take care of me, 2) maintain this clean living (foods, self care and personal growth), and 3) keep working out because it makes me happy and I feel better when I do it… and just ENJOY LIFE!"

Homage to the GODDESS!
what a dream......who could resist these two?

https://www.dreamstime.com/men-power-tw ... e197497156
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Dream on RRR. :lol:

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Shiffrin matches Vonn's World Cup record with win No. 82

https://apnews.com/article/sports-mikae ... 2ba18530f3

Mikaela Shiffrin matched Lindsey Vonn’s women’s World Cup skiing record with her 82nd win Sunday. Shiffrin led from start to finish to win a giant slalom by a large margin and can now break Vonn’s mark in a night slalom scheduled for Flachau, Austria, on Tuesday.

Kudos to her. But will she ever achieve GODDESS status? Mebbe. Mebbe not. ;)

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”