The DOGS Thread

General Chatter
Brooklyn

Re: The DOGS Thread

Post by Brooklyn »

DMac wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:39 pm Happy International Dog Day.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ghcMDCAB0pA

Doggies get revenge!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Many of my favorite things...outdoors, lacrosse, and our dog.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

DMac

Post by DMac »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:46 am Many of my favorite things...outdoors, lacrosse, and our dog.

Missed this, what nice looking lady. You really lucked out with her coming up for adoption, very good looking dog.

This guy, little over four now (lives in a good spot for a dog), showing absolutely no signs of ever overcoming his ball addiction. Tennis ball is life....serious business!!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:09 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:46 am Many of my favorite things...outdoors, lacrosse, and our dog.

Missed this, what nice looking lady. You really lucked out with her coming up for adoption, very good looking dog.

This guy, little over four now (lives in a good spot for a dog), showing absolutely no signs of ever overcoming his ball addiction. Tennis ball is life....serious business!!
Gorgeous jet black. Is that an American Lab....looks much leaner than their counter the English Lab, often a bit more stocky.

I get the ball addiction. As mentioned earlier, my DIL's GSP, that we were taking care of with kidney failure and giving an IV of fluids every 48 to 72 hours, her addiciation was so bad, we had to hide the balls so she did not see them. And, if she knew where they were, she would just sit and stare at the closet door, slamming her jaw which sounded like a knock on a solid piece of walnut.

They ended up putting her down a few days after she left us, which was just after Labor Day....it was time, while she still had some dignity about her. Snagged this great pic:

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup, American. I like that look much more than the round stocky look. Don't like the looks of Pit Bulls for that reason too.
GSPs are very Lab like personality and ball wise. Very fast runners too. Good looking dogs, I like 'em. Too bad about the DIL's,
that's pretty much the inevitable ending with dog stories, they rip your heart out in the end.
This is my son's at about 2-3 (yes, waiting for that ball to be thrown...serious business, ya know), good looking boy. Fun dog.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Check Vinnie out, youth, met him yesterday when he was passing by the watering hole. Impressive fellow when you see him live, big boy, crazy long legs. Very friendly, people lover. laid back disposition. Doesn't fetch, doesn't catch, don't know about swimming....a sweetie but not on my list of desired dogs (just gotta fetch and catch). Couldn't resist going over to say hello, he's with his human mom and dad and his Australian in-laws (visiting, going back in a week). I asked what this guy is and said it can't be a Dobie (really looks like a Dobie from a distance). Aussie gal says he's Dobie-Italian fighting dog mix. I said an Italian what dog? She said an Italian fighting dog. I said I've got to have that one more time, an Italian what dog? She said fighting dog. I said as in f-a-u-g-h-t-i-n-g? I consider myself pretty good with accents and it's not as if I've never been around any Aussies but man, that was tough, sounded nothing at all like fighting...not even close. Super nice and fun people, had a real nice chat with the foursome + one canine. Will put up an image of an Italian faughting dog too, can see those long hind legs (they come in a variety colors, checked 'em out a little bit).
Italian faughting dog.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

My pal Sherpa has a Christmas message for all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBPYkZ7t4oM

🎅 Merry Christmas from Sherpa! 🎅

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFpJYOgNRAA

Mom Forgot the Dogs’ Dinner Time

Totally justifiable!!! Now you'll remember the unpardonable sin is to forget to feed them! 🥰

SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

“My wish for you is that you find that one dog.” - Jon Stewart.

I did and I know many here have, too. Sadly I had to say goodbye to my little girl last August 9. Best. Dog. Ever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ_A2BKCN ... IHNob3c%3D
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:08 pm “My wish for you is that you find that one dog.” - Jon Stewart.

I did and I know many here have, too. Sadly I had to say goodbye to my little girl last August 9. Best. Dog. Ever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ_A2BKCN ... IHNob3c%3D
Sorry for your loss SC. Lost our Beagle on February 10, 2023, the whole family around her as she departed. She was a fixture of love and silliness for 14 years, my children’s oldest friend. Still a little devastated a year-plus later.

We are getting a golden retriever in August we hope.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

My favorite memorial plaque for all of my fur babies that are no longer with me is this...

If your lucky, a dog will come into your life, steal your heart and change everything.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Sorry for you, SCLax.....sadly, all dog stories end the same, they rip your heart out in the end and it really hurts and just sucks (but they're worth every minute of having).
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:28 am We are getting a golden retriever in August we hope.
Hoping for you. Super nice dogs. Have petted and said hello to a couple recently, a five month old (Leo) and a young adult. Gorgeous dogs, people lovers, ball lovers, and they fetch, catch, and swim. Tough to beat a Golden.

Meanwhile. Labs (such good dogs too...absolute ballaholics).
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Refresh my memory.....does anyone recall the poster or their website who had a small business, I believe in the Carolina's, that made Pet Gear / Belts etc?
~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

njbill

Post by njbill »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:39 pm doggie is hyper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnRzP_dudVk
Haha. I had a Shiba Inu for many years. She would do exactly that and innumerable other crazy things. Had a lot of personality. They don’t call them devil dogs for nothing.

She was the boss. One time I took her to visit my daughter when she was in college. When we got to my daughter’s dorm room, she and two or three of her friends were sitting on a couch. Within 30 minutes, all of the humans were sitting on the floor, and the Shiba was sprawled out on the couch, having it all to herself.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

^Image

!!!GREAT story!!! :D

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Anybody that really loves dogs do a Google search for Horton the rescued pit bull mix. Horton has a forever home where he will live a happy life filled with love. I hope there is a special place in all damnation for the rat bastards that did this to Horton.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”