The DOGS Thread

General Chatter
youthathletics

Re: The DOGS Thread

Post by youthathletics »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:57 am best chorus in town:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy1cZWlAdA0
Red Dobie :D
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Lake Wobegone Pooch has nine lives like a cat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T6Nw-HddJw

Hooray for Ed!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

howlin' "wolves":

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/N5vCLY6i ... ture=share

they're having a howl of a time

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Dognapping in Boston!

He’s my best friend’: Dog owner’s desperate plea after beloved pet stolen from Back Bay

https://whdh.com/news/hes-my-best-frien ... -back-bay/

A Boston dog owner is making a desperate plea to whoever was caught on camera walking with her dog after it was stolen on Saturday.

Shelly Vermani tells 7NEWS she just wants her 8-year-old Chihuahua Alejandro back unharmed after it was stolen around 10:30 a.m. in the area of 15 Westland Ave. It was last seen about a half-hour later in the area of Mass. Ave. and Melnea Cass Boulevard.

Vermani said she left the 8-year-old dog outside the Whole Foods while she grabbed some items and was shocked to find that he was gone when she came out.

“People were all around, I thought it was a safe area, and I turn around and he’s gone,” she said. “My kind naïve heart doesn’t even think that anybody would ever steal a dog .. I looked around, I was beside myself, crying, I finally called 911.”

Vermani’s plea comes as Boston police are turning to the public for help identifying a person who was spotted walking with her pet.

A traveling nurse, Vermani said Alejandro has been her companion on many trips.

“He’s traveled with me everywhere, he’s gone backpacking, hiking, he’s just the happiest dog in whatever he does,” Vermani said.

Her message for whoever took him: “I don’t feel good about what happened, but what matters is that he’s healthy and safe and he has a happy home. Just let him have a happy home. He’s been my best friend. Whoever you are, how would you feel if someone stole your best friend, stole your child, your companion? He’s the most important thing to me.”

There's only one way to deal with heinous crime: Bring on the hangman!

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Sitting on beach in SC, wife comes out and said, no more grapes, so she brought out some fresh pineapple I cut up this morning. She gave the dog the last two grapes
….I said, no way?
Yep, why?
They are toxic….how many I asked?
Two, she replied.
Did you bring or see any peroxide in house?
Yes!
Let’s roll…..

3 tablespoons of 3% peroxide down the gullet. Dobie is staring at me while I sit on the floor and pet her face as I hear her stomach grumbling. She has this look like a guy at the bar how just realized he did 10 shots of JD and it ain’t gonna be soon before he feels any better.

I’m any event, less than 5 minutes later I’m sifting through vomit with may barehands and find the 2 grapes.

Crisis Averted.

Back the beach for some Natty Light and Gardettos.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:31 pm Sitting on beach in SC, wife comes out and said, no more grapes, so she brought out some fresh pineapple I cut up this morning. She gave the dog the last two grapes
….I said, no way?
Yep, why?
Two, she replied.
Yes!
Let’s roll…..

3 tablespoons of 3% peroxide down the gullet. Dobie is staring at me while I sit on the floor and pet her face as I hear her stomach grumbling. She has this look like a guy at the bar how just realized he did 10 shots of JD and it ain’t gonna be soon before he feels any better.

I’m any event, less than 5 minutes later I’m sifting through vomit with may barehands and find the 2 grapes.

Crisis Averted.

Well done. You deserve whatever you’re drinking and more.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Didn't know that, youth, glad you did.
Will that dobie go in the water?
...and let me guess, you didn't bring your fishing pole.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:56 pm Didn't know that, youth, glad you did.
She loves the water...a rarity in Dobie's. She also like to bite the waves, as if they are after her and she can conquer them, so we have to be cautious she doesn't ingest too much salt water.

We keep a surf rod in our owners closet....havent pulled it out this year. Spoke to many while strolling the beach and no one is catching much of anything; not even off the pier in Garden City.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:32 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:31 pm Sitting on beach in SC, wife comes out and said, no more grapes, so she brought out some fresh pineapple I cut up this morning. She gave the dog the last two grapes
….I said, no way?
Yep, why?
Two, she replied.
Yes!
Let’s roll…..

Crisis Averted.

Well done. You deserve whatever you’re drinking and more.
Thanks, SC.
~Livy
DMac

Post by DMac »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:34 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:56 pm Didn't know that, youth, glad you did.
She loves the water...a rarity in Dobie's. She also like to bite the waves, as if they are after her and she can conquer them, so we have to be cautious she doesn't ingest too much salt water.

We keep a surf rod in our owners closet....havent pulled it out this year. Spoke to many while strolling the beach and no one is catching much of anything; not even off the pier in Garden City.
Nice, wasn't thinking dobies were much for water so that's cool.
Aint gonna catch nuthin' if you don't throw a line in....drown a worm, brotha!!!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Facts....

~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

doggie concert to brighten your day:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/WAJi5Tur ... ture=share

aaaooooooo!

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Helpless doggie attacked by FEROCIOUS cats!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXNxAf9 ... nnel=Rocky

DMac

Post by DMac »

Happy International Dog Day.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ghcMDCAB0pA
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:39 pm Happy International Dog Day.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ghcMDCAB0pA
Wanted to kill my dog today.....had 4 chicken thighs thawing deep in the corner of the counter, on top of a toaster oven, nonetheless; so up high. Been there most of the day....went to store while wife was cleaning elsewhere. Came back in and my wife said she ate a chicken thigh....I said were is the 2nd one, there are only two on the plate. Effing furious :evil:
~Livy
DMac

Post by DMac »

Took me a minute to get past the first few words, started laughing. Dogs are the best but they can be huge pains in the aszez at times too. Too funny, the scene must have been a little like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAXqWGIoKAs
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:43 pm Took me a minute to get past the first few words, started laughing. Dogs are the best but they can be huge pains in the aszez at times too. Too funny, the scene must have been a little like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAXqWGIoKAs
I am sure it was just like that...dog is currently looking at me with those eye after she was banished to her $100 dollar bed the wife purchased for her.

To make matters even more challenging....this week were are dog sitting my son and his wifes GSP (while they are in SD on Navy Stuff), who is fighting Chronic Kidney Failure. I have to give her an IV ever few days, and she is refusing to eat almost everything I throw at her. No more chicken and rice, tried my dogs kibble which worked for a day or two, then made her sweet potato's which work on occasion, then went to raw hamburger....seems to be the meal dejour. Of course always eats treats. ANd throws up a couple times a day, of course always in a different spot in the house. I feel so bad for her.....but she still chases a ball like she is two and in no visible/noticeable pain.
~Livy
DMac

Post by DMac »

Good spot for her. Full belly, comfy bed, a little after snack nap.
I'd be glad to see the son and d-in-law pull up and the end of that
week, doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”