The DOGS Thread

General Chatter
youthathletics

Re: The DOGS thread is back.

Post by youthathletics »

So true.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DMac

Post by DMac »

Too cool. Bark in the park day yesterday, Lindor homers.
Scroll down for video, see who gets the ball. Gotta love it.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/go ... d178127552
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

All in on know your breed. When i got my first pup after college i read the dog breed books, chose 5 to consider, went to dog shows and talked to owners snd breeders in depth and then visited a few. It was an invaluable exercise for me.

My first i got from a litter in Hungary through a connection at Andrews Air Force Base. Fortunately re-socialization was basically retraining and doing it right with one i had from the start.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

92E310F2-45EE-4CB4-AF35-C8578C6E095C.jpeg
92E310F2-45EE-4CB4-AF35-C8578C6E095C.jpeg (21 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
Attachments
A08CA4C8-F40A-45F2-8E8A-6C3206A4D0AC.jpeg
A08CA4C8-F40A-45F2-8E8A-6C3206A4D0AC.jpeg (134.79 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I lost my thumb drive with my dog photos on it. These two photos are very close to their appearance so i posted
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OCanada wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:51 am All in on know your breed. When i got my first pup after college i read the dog breed books, chose 5 to consider, went to dog shows and talked to owners snd breeders in depth and then visited a few. It was an invaluable exercise for me.

My first i got from a litter in Hungary through a connection at Andrews Air Force Base. Fortunately re-socialization was basically retraining and doing it right with one i had from the start.
Hungary? Viszla?
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Hungary Kuvasz. Viszlas are hunting dogs. Kuvasz were sheep guarding dogs primarily for wolves and bears.

Puli’s were the herding dogs. Komondors were also sheep guarding dogs. Komondors are big dogs with whiteish dreadlock coats. Pulis are smaller w black dreadlock coats.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://i.imgur.com/yGqyYuD.mp4

Let sleeping dogs lie, esp in a crowded subway ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OCanada wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:41 pm Hungary Kuvasz. Viszlas are hunting dogs. Kuvasz were sheep guarding dogs primarily for wolves and bears.

Puli’s were the herding dogs. Komondors were also sheep guarding dogs. Komondors are big dogs with whiteish dreadlock coats. Pulis are smaller w black dreadlock coats.
Yeah, I had a Viszla when I was a boy. He was the most beautiful animal I have ever seen and in full run was as majestic as any racehorse. My sisters, who all rode the horses, actually conceded that he was a perfect physical specimen. We had three acres in suburban New Jersey; he needed 300 acres of open downland. Or a mountain bike trail....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weiiVCeYBy4
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Seacoaster

I have a friend who breeds and trains if you want another although on the east coast.

One aspect of the Hungarian breeds is none are overbred as far as i know. Both breeds run like deer with allowances for size differential. Vs are great hunting dogs. The K has a tight mouth, is light on its feet and makes great decisions. Some big breeds have issues with drooling etc or are a bit ponderous or both.

Nice video. Thx
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OCanada wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:04 pm Seacoaster

I have a friend who breeds and trains if you want another although on the east coast.

One aspect of the Hungarian breeds is none are overbred as far as i know. Both breeds run like deer with allowances for size differential. Vs are great hunting dogs. The K has a tight mouth, is light on its feet and makes great decisions. Some big breeds have issues with drooling etc or are a bit ponderous or both.

Nice video. Thx
PM me the breeder. Thanks OC.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Had a scare last night, fortunately all was well. Never knew this about toads/frogs and dogs. https://equipawspetservices.com/was-you ... revention/

This was the fella that starting the foaming come out of my pups mouth....lasted about 15-20 minutes. Used a couple towels to wipe her gums, teeth, and everywhere in her mouth....then flushed with the house for quite some time, trying to avoid here drinking. Stressful evening.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I don’t think their range is this far north and i am happy for that. Had to be a very anxious time. Thx for providing information i never knew i might need.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Why should pooches have all the fun? :)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DMac

Re: The DOGS Thread

Post by DMac »

Bad boy.
youthathletics

Re: The DOGS Thread

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

OCanada wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:54 am 92E310F2-45EE-4CB4-AF35-C8578C6E095C.jpeg.
This isn’t the Polar Bear thread is back, ya know.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”