Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Orange Duce

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:50 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:26 pm That’s a lot of cash from Schiff: https://x.com/julie_kelly2/status/17749 ... a82I2GssRg
Is it?
Schiff's fundraising organization covers a lot of campaigns beyond his own and political 'consultants' get paid a ton of money to produce and place advertising. I see in this post a list of payments to this firm in '19 and '20. So what?

The case wasn't even indicted much less in this Judge's hands until last spring.

Do you find this nut job credible who posted this? Or the gal who responded? Here's her site: https://loomered.com/2024/03/26/exclusi ... -campaign/

right off the bat, she's claiming that the Twitter account which had pictures of Trump behind bars is Loren Merchan's despite it already being proven it was no longer her account two years ago, long before these pictures were manipulated there last year.

If one can't recognize misinformation campaigns, I dunno how to help them.
... smells like another MAGA / Qanon conspiracy theory.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:22 am
OCanada wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:03 am To avoid confusion:

Pretty much a non sequitur a d way off point.

In 1963 George Wallace gave a speech in which he said “segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever.” He only referenced sevregation on other time in his speech. Wallace used the word freedom 25 times in his speech.

Later in 1963 MLK gave his i have a dream speech. Wallace’s speech used the word freedom more times than MLK’s. And it continues on.

The tyranny Wallace mentioned was the federal government and the freedom segregation. It has since evolved to the federal government's efforts to insure “equality”. During the fight over the Civil Right’s bill the federal government’s efforts were labeled “overreach” and the legislation labeled “tyranny”.

Tyranny is am interesting concept rurned upside down. For example it was not tyranny fo prohibit interacial marriage between a white person and someone with 1% blood quantum but is was tyranny to guarantee Constitutionally assumed equality
Is there suppose to be a point to your rambling bullchit?
I apologize for writing above your ability to comprehend bcs you are history illiterate as you prove time after time.

The BS is yours. But if you want to tale a class in white opposition to federal power i can offer you a good price. When people like Wallace, who remains at the center if right wing rhetoric use words like freedom what they are saying is they want their freedom so they can dominate others who thsy would deny freedom in some degree or other. It is your coda

Montgomery Advertiser 1851 wrote Slave holding Alabamians to be “ the most oppressed, insulted, and plundered of all” in their fight against federal power.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

So apparently Trump did not meet with the family of the woman killed on the border. as he claimed. Disgusting

Truth Social crashed hard after people discoverec how little money it made

Trump’s rescuer. A Russian-American criminal being investigated by the Feds for money laundering. Pardon anyone? Trump going back to what he knows
Last edited by OCanada on Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

This is just an astonishing pleading:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 28.0_1.pdf
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:41 pm This is just an astonishing pleading:

“a correct formulation of the law”

I read that as, I double-dog dare you, Judge Cannon…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:18 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:41 pm This is just an astonishing pleading:

"Give me an order I can appeal, and reverse your sorry ass a third time and maybe get rid of you."
njbill

Post by njbill »

Clear as day what this “judge” is doing.

Clear as day.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:20 pm

"Give me an order I can appeal, and reverse your sorry ass a third time and maybe get rid of you."
That appears right, they want her to either fully back down or provide them basis to immediately appeal...and rightfully ask for her removal.

Her proposed instructions are so far from the reality of the law that it's a bit flabbergasting that she thought she could get away with it. I've read where she keeps turning over staff because she's gone a little nutso with them, and thus isn't getting much help in doing the actual legal work and no one is pushing back...so maybe she just wants off the case somehow without looking like she turned on Trump...but that sure would be whacky, just ask to get off for personal reasons, right?
njbill

Post by njbill »

My take is she is doing this to cause delay (appeal to the 11th). Then she'll have a reason to postpone the trial which no one can question. Unlikely the appeals court will remove her simply for making a series of erroneous rulings. It would have to get pretty egregious -- more egregious than what she's done so far -- for the 11th to remove her. I don't think we are near there yet.

Her long play is to finagle things so that a jury either rules for Trump or at least hangs.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:35 pm

That appears right, they want her to either fully back down or provide them basis to immediately appeal...and rightfully ask for her removal.

Her proposed instructions are so far from the reality of the law that it's a bit flabbergasting that she thought she could get away with it. I've read where she keeps turning over staff because she's gone a little nutso with them, and thus isn't getting much help in doing the actual legal work and no one is pushing back...so maybe she just wants off the case somehow without looking like she turned on Trump...but that sure would be whacky, just ask to get off for personal reasons, right?
... had same thought.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

According to The Hill (and other reporting) this afternoon, based on NYS bail management system, the system rejected Orange Duce's $175 million bail bond. Apparently there are multiple problems with the filing that requires refiling. The system rejection resulted in some details of the transaction being made known to the public.

More details

Who is Don Hankey?
Last edited by jhu72 on Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:39 pm According to The Hill (and other reporting) this afternoon, based on NYS bail management system, the system rejected Orange Duce's $175 million bail bond. Apparently there are multiple problems with the filing that requires refiling. The system rejection resulted in some details of the transaction being made known to the public.

More info to follow.
Like the billionaire whose company financed it has previously balled Fatso out on mortgage refinancing and is also a large campaign donor.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Oh, I think she’s getting instructions, er, help…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

njbill wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:05 pm My take is she is doing this to cause delay (appeal to the 11th). Then she'll have a reason to postpone the trial which no one can question. Unlikely the appeals court will remove her simply for making a series of erroneous rulings. It would have to get pretty egregious -- more egregious than what she's done so far -- for the 11th to remove her. I don't think we are near there yet.

Her long play is to finagle things so that a jury either rules for Trump or at least hangs.
I think we are pretty “near” a bad place.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Really tough to get a judge removed for making bad decisions, even if they are egregiously wrong. We shall see. I have been saying for a long time, though, that she is in the tank for Trump.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

njbill wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:05 pm My take is she is doing this to cause delay (appeal to the 11th). Then she'll have a reason to postpone the trial which no one can question. Unlikely the appeals court will remove her simply for making a series of erroneous rulings. It would have to get pretty egregious -- more egregious than what she's done so far -- for the 11th to remove her. I don't think we are near there yet.

Yup, agreed.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Trump's Ugly Calls For Violence Laid Out In Chilling New Supercut Video

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 0f28&ei=15

President Joe Biden’s campaign team slammed Donald Trump for his open embrace of violence with a supercut video reminding voters of just how explicit the former president has been over the years.

The minute-long video from Biden’s campaign team shows Trump calling for violence against protesters at his rallies, calling white nationalists in Charlottesville, Virginia, “very fine people,” and telling the neo-fascist Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by.”

The supercut also shows him urging supporters to “fight like hell” on Jan. 6, 2021, just before some of those in the crowd near the White House marched to the U.S. Capitol to attack Congress at it met to certify the electoral vote that gave the presidency to Joe Biden:

One of the four criminal cases against Trump is centered on his role in the events of the Jan. 6 insurrection.

In his personal account, Biden also accused Trump of hypocrisy for holding events for law enforcement and claiming to “back the blue” while also embracing those who attacked police in the U.S. Capitol riot.

The president tweeted:

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden
Don’t tell me you support law enforcement if you can’t condemn what happened on January 6.

You can’t be pro-law enforcement and pro-insurrection.

tRump = TERRORIST
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Never play it straight: “That guy who backed Trump’s bond? He may not have the money.”
https://apple.news/ARQh5JFg8QNeoudDIgu56eg
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Perhaps before we get too far into the case Mr. Smith can give us the date and vote count of his Senate confirmation.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx

Return to “POLITICS”