New programs

D2 Mens Lacrosse
Yeti_33

Re: New programs

Post by Yeti_33 »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:03 pm I do think Tampa might struggle a little..... only thing harder than winning a national championship is following it up with another championship, so the stars might not aline again and it might be a hangover year. ]
There is also the JB Clarke factor here.... What did Limestone do after winning the 2014 National Championship? They followed it up with the 2015 National championship, 2016 Runner-up, and then another national championship in 2017.

I wouldn't count on a hangover from Clarke and Tampa.
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:03 pm I apologies for my over zealousness but Rollins has been very consistent over the years, head coach has been there awhile, and the new additions only point to good things . I do think Tampa might struggle a little..... only thing harder than winning a national championship is following it up with another championship, so the stars might not aline again and it might be a hangover year. The rest of the SSC teams seems to be scrambling FS- seems like the coach interviewed for a few jobs and wants out of their... FIT very questionable coaches and AD, Lynn a mesh. St. Leo is total rebuild mode, ERU might sneak in and really surprise people. PBA not sure the resource or the set up is there to make a serious charge. So NOVA if done correctly could leap fog to the middle of the conference quickly. Go Rollins!
I think Rollins has been a consistent top 20 team. Are they a top 10 team? I don’t know because they didn’t play a great OCC schedule last year..

Here is their non SSC schedule compared to the other top teams in the SSC.

ROLLINS
Mesa
Flagler
Westminster
@Rockhurst

FLORIDA SOUTHERN
@Anderson
@Catawba
@Belmont Abbey
@Limestone
Flagler
Lindenwood
Young Harris
LeMoyne
Frostburg

TAMPA
Lenoir Rhyne (Neutral)
Frostburg
Lindenwood
Mesa
Flagler
Seton Hill (Neutral)

FLORIDA TECH
@Belmont Abbey
@Lenoir Rhyne
Flagler
Seton Hill (Neutral)
@Wilmington
Mesa

They are not a top 10 team until they start consistently beating top 10 opponents.
eclax42

Post by eclax42 »

Looks like a potential new program in the SAC, as Emory & Henry has a posting for Head Men's Lacrosse Coach.

https://myhub.ehc.edu/ICS/Employment_Opportunities/
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Northwood University (MI) has a posting for a Head Men's Lacrosse Coach
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
OHLaxDad

Post by OHLaxDad »

Leonard Washington wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:28 pm Northwood University (MI) has a posting for a Head Men's Lacrosse Coach
This would give the GMAC six full members with lax and protect their AQ if the affiliate members leave.

Tiffin
Walsh
Lake Erie
Malone
Thomas More
Northwood

I could see Mercyhust and Seaton Hill bolting for a better conference particularly with a possible opening when LeMoyne goes D1.
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

OHLaxDad wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:09 pm
Leonard Washington wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:28 pm Northwood University (MI) has a posting for a Head Men's Lacrosse Coach
This would give the GMAC six full members with lax and protect their AQ if the affiliate members leave.

Tiffin
Walsh
Lake Erie
Malone
Thomas More
Northwood

I could see Mercyhust and Seaton Hill bolting for a better conference particularly with a possible opening when LeMoyne goes D1.
There is just nowhere for them to go due to their location.
The ECC is in flux, and the other 2 conferences in the North are a ton of travel.

They are essentially stuck in playing the GMAC teams.

Tiffin
Walsh
Lake Erie
Malone
Thomas More
Northwood
Wheeling
Alderson Broaddus
Davis & Elkins

I just don't know if any of those schools are actually in a position to be competitive.
OHLaxDad

Post by OHLaxDad »

D2fan wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:20 pm

Tiffin
Walsh
Lake Erie
Malone
Thomas More
Northwood

The ECC is in flux, and the other 2 conferences in the North are a ton of travel.

Tiffin
Walsh
Lake Erie
Malone
Thomas More
Northwood
Wheeling
Alderson Broaddus
Davis & Elkins

I just don't know if any of those schools are actually in a position to be competitive.
I wonder why more PSAC schools haven't started lax. Title IX issues?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Tiffin
Walsh
Lake Erie
Malone
Thomas More
Northwood

In mens D2 lax there is NO AQ to protect. An AQ has never existed in mens D2 lax.
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

OHLaxDad wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:34 pm

Tiffin
Walsh
Lake Erie
Malone
Thomas More
Northwood

Tiffin
Walsh
Lake Erie
Malone
Thomas More
Northwood
Wheeling
Alderson Broaddus
Davis & Elkins

I wonder why more PSAC schools haven't started lax. Title IX issues?
Probably the same reason the GLIAC hasn't had a team add.

Football

It's why West Chester dropped their top 10 team back in the early 2000's.
OHLaxDad

Post by OHLaxDad »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:49 pm

Tiffin
Walsh
Lake Erie
Malone
Thomas More
Northwood

In mens D2 lax there is NO AQ to protect. An AQ has never existed in mens D2 lax.
Thanks. I wasn't aware. I just assumed that's why they were in the conference. The commitment level seems to be difference between those two and the rest.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

New teams in 2023 and beyond... (please add any program I'm forgetting/missing)

U of Bridgeport
Malone University
Virigina State
William Jewell College
Tiffin University
Thomas Moore College
Holy Family
Nova South Eastern
Emory & Henry
Northwood

By my count, we're adding another 10 teams in the next two seasons. Think its time for a tourney expansion.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:35 am
By my count, we're adding another 10 teams in the next two seasons. Think its time for a tourney expansion.
Discussion should and probably will, be had. May be tough to expand the tourney with the DII teams transitioning to DI along with having to see what DII programs keep their programs (and go DIII) or (possibly) get rid of their programs all together
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Laxguy22

Post by Laxguy22 »

Tiffin
Walsh
Lake Erie
Malone
Thomas More
Northwood

Tiffin
Walsh
Lake Erie
Malone
Thomas More
Northwood
Wheeling
Alderson Broaddus
Davis & Elkins

This brings up another interesting opportunity for potentially adding a conference in the North. Wheeling / D&E / AB & Frostburg all are in the Mountain East conference. With 4 of them, and the GMAC having 6 FT members, I wonder when those teams will leave & the Mountain East will look to add Lax as a conference sport. Of course then they would have to look to grab teams like Seton Hill & Mercyhurst to help them have 6.
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

Been waiting on the MEC to add men's lax with their four members and the two PSAC affiliates. Seton Hill was in the WVIAC with all but two current MEC members and almost joined the MEC.

There is also talks/rumors on the possibility of Nichols College and Utica moving to the NE10 adding two more teams.
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

Northwood officially announces, 2025 first season.

https://gonorthwood.com/general/2022-23 ... 1031oy2dgo
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

Emory & Henry College makes their announcement. Women will begin in 2024 and the men start in 2025.

https://www.gowasps.com/general/2022-23 ... 0106l2gqev
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

Concordia-Irvine is elevating their club team to varsity status. They will affiliate with the RMAC starting in the 2024 season.

https://cuigoldeneagles.com/news/2023/2 ... -rmac.aspx
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Hearing USC Aiken is going D2.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:24 am Hearing USC Aiken is going D2.
They are already DII
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:32 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:24 am Hearing USC Aiken is going D2.
They are already DII
Figured when putting this in a "New Program" thread on a D2 LAX forum it'd be more obvious. But, just to clarify... Hearing USC Aiken is going D2 for lacrosse

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”