movies worth mentioning

Movies, TV, and Music
Farfromgeneva

Re: movies worth mentioning

Post by Farfromgeneva »

This movie w Luke Wilson from 2010 called middle Men explains the entire financial ecosystem fairly well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Men_(film)
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Iron Claw- wait until it’s in a channel you already get. Very disappointing. Either needs another hour or a much tighter script.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

We saw Boys in the Boat, family friendly crowd pleaser on Xmas day.

Another family friendly, The Bank of Dave, is on Netflix now. True (ish) story of an effort led by van retailer Dave Fishwick to establish a small community bank in a working class town in England, Burnley. In the wake of the financial crisis. No new bank having been approved in 150 years and the banking poobahs did not want to change that...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A Million Miles Away - true story about Mexican migrant trek to NASA and space flight. On Prime.

Gran Turismo - true story how Nissan held an online competition to select 10 of the best gamers of the Gran Turismo game and actually put them in a real race car. On Netflix.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:40 am We saw Boys in the Boat, family friendly crowd pleaser on Xmas day.

Another family friendly, The Bank of Dave, is on Netflix now. True (ish) story of an effort led by van retailer Dave Fishwick to establish a small community bank in a working class town in England, Burnley. In the wake of the financial crisis. No new bank having been approved in 150 years and the banking poobahs did not want to change that...
Watched Bank of Dave. Great film. ‘Bankers are most hated people’ 😂😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Crossfire….Film noir. Great casting. Great story. Great acting.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Concrete Cowboy - really good film.

~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087222/me ... f_=tt_ov_i

The Evil That Men Do is a 1984 action thriller film directed by J. Lee Thompson, and starring Charles Bronson, Theresa Saldana, and Joseph Maher. The film was adapted by David Lee Henry and John Crowther from the novel of the same name by R. Lance Hill.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072735/

Break Heart Pass (1976) When diphtheria breaks out at Fort Humboldt, a train is dispatched with medical supplies and relief troops. Also on board are Utah's governor (Richard Crenna), his mistress (Jill Ireland), a marshal (Ben Johnson) and his prisoner, outlaw John Deakin (Charles Bronson). As the train passes through the mountains, soldiers go missing, telegraph lines are cut and it's discovered that there is no epidemic. There's a conspiracy afoot, and it's up to Deakin, actually a federal agent, to expose it.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Watched a a handful over the past weeks while:

The Hill: Based on True Story of a young child, poor, raised by a pastor, who makes it to the big leagues after overcoming major challenges.

The Last Champion: Based on True Story of Wrestling Olympic Gold Medalists caught for cheating.
~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A Walk in the Woods - Stumbled on this gem the other night, really enjoyed it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1178665/
~Livy
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:13 pm A Walk in the Woods - Stumbled on this gem the other night, really enjoyed it.

The book is supposed to be better than the movie. Author used the profits from this to make one of the best general science history/philosophy books "A Short History of Nearly Everything." I used it for years in a general science course before I retired.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:34 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:13 pm A Walk in the Woods - Stumbled on this gem the other night, really enjoyed it.

The book is supposed to be better than the movie. Author used the profits from this to make one of the best general science history/philosophy books "A Short History of Nearly Everything." I used it for years in a general science course before I retired.
Interesting….I’ll check it out.
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Most of his books are great. Pick up One Summer: America, 1927 if you haven't already.
Typical Lax Dad

I need to read that book
Brooklyn

Comedy Silents

Post by Brooklyn »

I've always been a yuge fan of comedy shorts, especially the old silents. Tonight I watched a collection and discussion of three gems:

Dizzy Daisy (1924) ~ Louise Fazenda

The New Member (1920) ~ Billy Franey

Convict 13 (1920) ~ Buster Keaton

All three still ever so funny after more than a century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l90QcqZ2ZYM

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Druid Peak : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2027091/

A troubled teen is sent to live with his estranged father, a park ranger. During his time there, he develops an unusual affinity with and passion for the wolves in a local pack.

Very good film. Had no idea there was 3rd Wilson...his voice sounds so much like Owen Wilson, then looked up the actors name and it is Luke and Owens older brother, Andrew.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Dune Part 2

Excellent. A cinematic marvel in many ways. See it at an IMAX theater. Great filmmaking. The first film I have seen that has motivated me to see it a second time in the theater. Will watch it a second time at an IMAX theater.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Typical Lax Dad

Dune is an absolute masterpiece.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Great Film: Mending The Line

~Livy

Return to “MOVIES, TV, AND MUSIC”