Patriot League 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
gymman1031

Patriot League 2019

Post by gymman1031 »

Could it, like it has been before, Loyola's to lose?
oldskoollax

Re: Patriot League 2019

Post by oldskoollax »

Loyola is king of the Patriot League until someone knocks them off. This year Lehigh will be their biggest threat. Lehigh returns every starter from last year.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

My next question is:

Will Navy FINALLY do better in the conference tournament(if they make it?), and at least get to the championship game?
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Loyola and Lehigh both have the potential to be very competitive teams. I would think that Loyola is a clear favorite to win the Patriot and probably advance to final four again. Lehigh hasn't lost anybody from last year's team. But last year, they were way overmatched against the very talented Bucknell and Loyola squads.

Cassese has to figure out a way to win the games against the teams with dynamic attack units like Loyola and Bucknell (last year). They have a really good goalie in Spence and a ridiculous defensive midfield lead by LSMs Craig Chick and Teddy Leggett. But you can't win games giving up 14-16 goals. The Lehigh close defense was young last year and will need to improve to have a chance in the Patriot.

Hopefully, they can get it done. I'm not betting against them. Been awhile for Lehigh.
Lets Debate!

Post by Lets Debate! »

Loyola is the king of the Pat League and will be, especially with a player like Pat Spencer, who can control the game in every facet. Lehigh returns everything but will the rule change hurt their slow and methodical offense and a zone defense who needs to get its personnel on to set up? The great thing about this Navy team- everyone will look past them, like in 2016. If you look at the meat of their roster, every position returns multiple starters....I think the 2-6 spots in the PAT LEAGUE are wide open!
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

Off topic question - has Army changed its marketing. Why do I see Army West Point as the name of a scheduled team, as opposed to just Army?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Correct. They became "Army West Point" last year.
oldskoollax

Post by oldskoollax »

Lehigh has the talent to challenge Loyola this year. Is there a better D/LSM than Craig Chick? If so, let me know.
Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

gymman1031 wrote:My next question is:

Will Navy FINALLY do better in the conference tournament(if they make it?), and at least get to the championship game?
My answer to your question is simply no . Annapolis leadership has let mediocrity become the new normal for MLAX .

What do you all think about the coaching changes at Colgate and Lafayette and will either program rise to prominence in the P/L ?

Concur , Loyola is still got the top spot from everyone I speak with.

Fore

"T"
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
bison137

Post by bison137 »

old salt wrote:Correct. They became "Army West Point" last year.

Time flies. They actually rolled out "Army West Point" in April 2015. I thought it was a bad idea then, and I still think it was a bad idea.
oldskoollax

Post by oldskoollax »

Does anyone want to do give a Patriot League pre-season rankings?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Nick DeMaio
Five star
UA All American

Signs with BU
NLI signing

http://www.lacrossebucketblog.com/2018/ ... p.html?m=1
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

10stone5 wrote:Nick DeMaio
Five star
UA All American

Signs with BU
NLI signing

http://www.lacrossebucketblog.com/2018/ ... p.html?m=1
BU has been posting the player that have signed and they have not listed DeMaio. It could be that he has not signed...yet.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Splitting hairs, but I don't think he was a UA AA.

[url][http://www.underarmourlacrosse.com/wp-c ... 18.pdf/url]
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

ctbagataway wrote:Splitting hairs, but I don't think he was a UA AA.

[url][http://www.underarmourlacrosse.com/wp-c ... 18.pdf/url]
That is a list of players that are now freshman in college. DeMaio played on the West underclass team and is doing a Pg year. He made the all tournament team.

http://www.underarmourlacrosse.com/wp-c ... eams-1.pdf
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

No, that list I posted was the 2018 UA AA team. There can and have been juniors named to that team, but I don't think there were any in 2018. My point was that those are the actual UA All American players. Everyone else in the underclass games made their regional team. An accomplishment for sure, but there are twelve regions and two divisions (Command and Highlight). At 20 kids/team that's 480 kids participating. I wouldn't call them all UA AA's, they will have to wait to find out who is named to the 2019 UA AA team.
Voyuer

Post by Voyuer »

PL ranking guess :
Loyola
Lehigh
Navy
BU
Army
tie: Colgate-Buck-HC
Lafayette
dense

Post by dense »

Voyuer wrote:PL ranking guess :
Loyola
Lehigh
Navy
BU
Army
tie: Colgate-Buck-HC
Lafayette
Sound. Patriot league tends to get overlooked but top ten squad in Loyola and Id include sr laden Lehigh in that group as well. Navy' notch below those two but Torain is special player along with players like Daniel and Wade but fogo play key.. .. BU has a star in Gray and solid throughout. Army faltered in 2h but never discount Army's toughness or D to compete and surprise .. Colgate be interesting with new coach. . Bucknell lost alot of scoring. Holy Cross eh and Lafayette just no
twb2020

Post by twb2020 »

King Of The Mountain - Patriot league style - 2019

Loyola - is king until they get knocked down. - Spencer is the team
Lehigh - is a step away - let's hope they aren't overconfident
Boston U - hopes the Gray skies will bring them to the top
Army - Defense will win championships - offense is on the rise
Navy - Kern /McKenna/Greyson/Daniel - starts with D and ends with the attack.
Colgate - If Karweck is up for the challenge he needs Hawkins and Brown to score a lot
Bucknell - Lost a ton of talent - Sopko on Att. and Clark in Goal will be the leaders.
Holy Cross - Nice talent - New coach to head in the right direction
Layfaytte - This may be the last year at the bottom with Myers

Gents this is my prediction of how the patriot league will look at the end of the season.
Tdemling6

Post by Tdemling6 »

Three Lafayette players have been named in a lawsuit involving the death McRae Williams.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”