Comedy

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Comedy

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:48 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:43 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:39 pm I would to thank my wife for searching the web for comfortable clothing that is easily removed. :lol: :lol:

Loving these ads. :lol:

Imagine what shows up on mine....
probably changes hourly... ;)
I thought I only received these on my phone. :lol: I doubt any of this lingerie even comes in my size. They must think we are all dirty old men.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:48 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:43 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:39 pm I would to thank my wife for searching the web for comfortable clothing that is easily removed. :lol: :lol:

Loving these ads. :lol:

Imagine what shows up on mine....
probably changes hourly... ;)
Let just say some might have the same reaction as Nic Cage in this clip to what's adverstised on mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4EOw1DbKUQ
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Bob Ross said it best... We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents. ;)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Civil Engineer humor: https://x.com/HeroDividend/status/17618 ... 98085?s=20

The comments section is hilarious.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Sorry....but this is just brilliantly done. :lol: :lol:

https://x.com/LaChinaRobinson/status/17 ... 9020927044
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:30 pm Sorry....but this is just brilliantly done. :lol: :lol:

Not really very funny. Maybe because I watched it live without the “clever” embellishment. I gave other thoughts you wouldn’t, I think, understand.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:34 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:30 pm Sorry....but this is just brilliantly done. :lol: :lol:

Not really very funny. Maybe because I watched it live without the “clever” embellishment. I gave other thoughts you wouldn’t, I think, understand.
This is even funnier:

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:46 pm

This is even funnier:

Nailed it 😂😂
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I watched it all live as well. What a stick in the mud. 🤓
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:54 pm

It's true: I am a bit of a stick in the mud. She is thanking God, her team, her family, for all of this unreal good fortune to be back in the final and to win, and is plainly deeply, deeply moved by the effort of her kids -- and this video basically mocks the whole poignant scene. We are different people: I actually think it is sad that you might find this funny.
Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:49 pm

It's true: I am a bit of a stick in the mud. She is thanking God, her team, her family, for all of this unreal good fortune to be back in the final and to win, and is plainly deeply, deeply moved by the effort of her kids -- and this video basically mocks the whole poignant scene. We are different people: I actually think it is sad that you might find this funny.
A few friends sent me clips of her post game speech….none of them sent me the “parody”.
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5edTqmO ... BiNWFlZA==

It’s better with the funny church music.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Makes sense, if that's how you viewed it. I honestly do not comprehend the mocking aspect, IMO, one does not discount the other....what so ever. I cold even argue it supports all that she does for Christ.

You must continually look for things to be mad at, upset with, or judgmental of...with a keen ability for that to overrule humor. May I suggest a bit more jocoserious effort moving forward? ;) Sorry, if you were offended, not my intent.
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:56 pm

Makes sense, if that's how you viewed it. I honestly do not comprehend the mocking aspect, IMO, one does not discount the other....what so ever. I cold even argue it supports all that she does for Christ.

You must continually look for things to be mad at, upset with, or judgmental of...with a keen ability for that to overrule humor. May I suggest a bit more jocoserious effort moving forward? ;) Sorry, if you were offended, not my intent.
I wasn’t offended. It’s just not funny. Simple as that. You feel free to fill in the rest of my personality, and more prescriptions for my overall happiness.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:38 pm

I wasn’t offended. It’s just not funny. Simple as that. You feel free to fill in the rest of my personality, and more prescriptions for my overall happiness.
It's quite funny. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes things aren't meant to be taken so seriously...

Joe
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:22 pm

It's quite funny. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes things aren't meant to be taken so seriously...

Joe
Agreed. We can disagree on this and on the things that matter to us, the things we decide to take seriously.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:22 pm

Joe
But what aspect is actually particularly funny? Quite funny?

Is it that she was being overtly religious? Or is it that her expression is influenced by her experience in black churches that is funny?

That she is ‘preaching’ in that fashion?

Religious expression is funny or this particular form?

Can’t we be at most slightly amused by the music while not finding it either particularly funny nor necessarily particularly offensive either? So, not very serious nor quite funny?

Costner training the rookie headed to the Show in how to safely answer press questions IS funny, but is someone genuinely and fervently giving thanks to God’s grace funny? Something to mock?

Return to “POLITICS”