2019 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

2019 D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

Re: 2019 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

Post by admin »

It's a long fall and winter. I need something that resembles lacrosse to get me through these months.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

ohmilax34 wrote:
WeWantMoreLax wrote:
ohmilax34 wrote:
Uklax wrote:ohmilax34 you are 100% right but that doesn't stop the fact the draft is slowly starting woohoo :lol: :!:

Epstien was always going first this year
Just like Shack Stanwick was always going 1st four years ago. It doesn't mean it's the best pick. But, if I were in this position I would've picked Epstein as well.
I couldn't help thinking of Shack too. He didn't turn out to have been the best pick in retrospect. But I certainly couldn't have seen the better picks at the time.
Guterding went something like #6 or 7, and I think some of us drafting later wondered how he lasted that long. Of course, I got Heningburg in the 3rd round.
I got Mullins slightly later into the draft too, he wasn't in IL's lists so slipped under everyone's radar and i figured i could wait a little while to pick him, but i just came across him randomly and figured that kid can play! I also got Carraway later on in the same draft and these two are likely to be my best players this year and next year...... So it is possible to find stars outside the usual crop despite the heavy media bias, that being said i think Epstein will far outshine Stanwick and would have picked him first no matter what. He is solid, strong and skillful and will QB JHU attack for four years barring injury or insanity.

Sorry to hit your house got hit so badly by the hurricane NC!!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

what cant be ignored is that epstein didn't just set a new Landon Point scoring record, he crushed it. by like over 100 points (i believe). the kid gets points.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
greenielax

Post by greenielax »

just fyi--not all rosters are updated, so it's not possible to verify graduations. Do we have a contingency plan for late-updated rosters on the whole "make your drops before your first pick" thing?
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

When were we supposed to drop players by? Like I said, I just got internet back
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

nclaxin wrote:When were we supposed to drop players by? Like I said, I just got internet back
We are supposed to finalise pre-draft roster before your first pick
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Typical Lax Dad selects Joe Robertson, A - Duke
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:Typical Lax Dad selects Joe Robertson, A - Duke
That's about where i thought he'd go. How he slipped through last year's draft is still hard to understand.
Typical Lax Dad

ohmilax34 wrote:
That's about where i thought he'd go. How he slipped through last year's draft is still hard to understand.
Yep.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

ohmilax34 wrote:
His production will either sky rocket or fall down massively with gutterdings absence, i recon sky rocket
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Uklax wrote:
ohmilax34 wrote:
His production will either sky rocket or fall down massively with gutterdings absence, i recon sky rocket
I disagree. I think it'll be about the same, but probably go up a little bit each year. I don't know if he's going to take over a big portion of the dodging role that Guterding had, and the two of them seemed to have good chemistry, and it helped being on opposite sides of the goal from each other. Can Robertson and Manown create some chemistry? The first thing that stood out about Robertson was how smart he was. He moved within the Duke offense very fast, like he knew where he should be at all times.
Typical Lax Dad

ohmilax34 wrote:
Uklax wrote:
ohmilax34 wrote:
I disagree. I think it'll be about the same, but probably go up a little bit each year. I don't know if he's going to take over a big portion of the dodging role that Guterding had, and the two of them seemed to have good chemistry, and it helped being on opposite sides of the goal from each other. Can Robertson and Manown create some chemistry? The first thing that stood out about Robertson was how smart he was. He moved within the Duke offense very fast, like he knew where he should be at all times.
I don't expect his numbers to go up much more. Duke runs a good system and the opportunities will be there to be had at that spot.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

For 2 teams starting with clean slates, leaving the 1st Round with
Brendan Rooney SR A Yale & Joey Epstein FR A JHU and
Devin Spencer JR A Umass & Joe Robertson SO A Duke
isn't bad.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

admin wrote:For 2 teams starting with clean slates, leaving the 1st Round with
Brendan Rooney SR A Yale & Joey Epstein FR A JHU and
Devin Spencer JR A Umass & Joe Robertson SO A Duke
isn't bad.
Hence why i was against them having like 6 picks supplemental!!
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Couple of comments.

First this is my new account. Ocanada was locked out of the site and it defied a fix. So this is it.

Drops. I may drop more but I have to drop the Yale D and Mike D'Amario A VA who is no longer eligible. I am also dropping Griffin Buczek Cornell. Might drop another one or two.

Shack never realized his potential because of significant injururies. Primarily back but also cracked ribs one year for example. I would have taken Epstien in a heartbeat.

I drafted a team that won a title and made the finals two years. I got Steele Stanwick with something like the 8 th pick that year. That round had been good to me. I don't track it but I think I also got Pat Spenser around there and Morrill too. My best last pick was the Tugboat for UMBC. He scored about 40 goals the first year and was never heard from again. As a Canadian player friend noted back then you often couldn't count on Canadians to stay four years and few were paying that much attention to them.
EZE

Post by EZE »

EZE picks Evan Zinn M Hopkins
EZE

Post by EZE »

EZE drops:

Dawson McKenzie A JR Princeton
Alex McGovern JR A/M Loyola
Dylan Alderman SR M Hofstra
Josh Jordan JR M Rutgers
Connor Donahue SR M Denver
Peter Swindell M SO Loyola
NOTRE DAME D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

EZE
1 Adam Charalambides SR A Rutgers
2 Clarke Petterson SR M Cornell
3 Jack Andrews SR A UMBC
4 Jimmy Yanes A SR Hofstra
5 Alex Roesner A SR Upenn
6 Evan Zinn M FR JHU
8 Jon Mazza SR A Towson
13 Ryan Frawley A JR UMBC

Maddog picks tomorrow.
Typical Lax Dad

admin wrote:EZE
1 Adam Charalambides SR A Rutgers
2 Clarke Petterson SR M Cornell
3 Jack Andrews SR A UMBC
4 Jimmy Yanes A SR Hofstra
5 Alex Roesner A SR Upenn
6 Evan Zinn M FR JHU
8 Jon Mazza SR A Towson
13 Ryan Frawley A JR UMBC

Maddog picks tomorrow.
Where can I find he list of FanLax eligible teams? There was a link that wasn't working.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I want to be sure I am correct in thinking once dropped a player cannot ne added back?

Return to “2019 D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”