media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: media matters

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:29 pm Paramount laid off 800 people. CBS News was a part of that and 20 employees were let go, including a number of reporters. But it was a conspiracy.
Exactly. Conspiracies are preferred now. Over any reasonable explanation and without further inquiry. Where is Occam’s razor anyway?
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:00 pm
Did you hear her full argument? Or just this snippet cherrypicked by a Christian Nationalist for a Twitter rant?

She went on, differentiating the natural law basis for human rights, including as contained in the Declaration of Independence (life, liberty and pursuit of happiness) as justification for rebellion against the tyranny of a King, and these natural rights are given by our Creator...not specifically the Christian God, much less Jesus, and those rights enumerated in the Constitution and its amendments thereafter. Such enumerated rights come from man's consent to be governed based on these rights, not from God, much less the Christian God.

She is arguing that extremist groups are claiming that all sorts of such rights come from the Christian God, as told to them and them alone, for use in governance.

Yup, THAT is a consistent thread of Christian Nationalism.
Its a-historical and actually un-American. But it's compelling propaganda.
:lol: Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away

It's time to freak out.
Mark Wahlberg is on Fox News Channel during lent, advertising a prayer app named Hallow.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:33 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:29 pm Paramount laid off 800 people. CBS News was a part of that and 20 employees were let go, including a number of reporters. But it was a conspiracy.
Exactly. Conspiracies are preferred now. Over any reasonable explanation and without further inquiry. Where is Occam’s razor anyway?
Did they seize the notes & files of all the CBS reporters who were terminated ? Their union should be interested.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:50 pm
Did they seize the notes & files of all the CBS reporters who were terminated ? Their union should be interested.
True, it should be and is, having issued a statement about it. But as to the question of why she was separated from CBS, I’m sure you will patiently await the facts. Unless you can figure a way to give service to your GOP overlords by ignoring them.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:28 pm
True, it should be and is, having issued a statement about it. But as to the question of why she was separated from CBS, I’m sure you will patiently await the facts. Unless you can figure a way to give service to your GOP overlords by ignoring them.
Just like you waited for the facts, right? :lol: :roll:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:29 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:28 pm
Just like you waited for the facts, right? :lol: :roll:
YA, don’t be dopey. I said, in fact, as did Kismet, that we don’t know exactly why she was terminated. Bad employee? Too much money? CBS doesn’t like women? She punched someone? Her ratings were dragging? A million and one things it could be. But good emoji.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... tha't my thinking. Damn deep state now telling media companies who to fire and hire!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:39 pm
Did you hear her full argument? Or just this snippet cherrypicked by a Christian Nationalist for a Twitter rant?

She went on, differentiating the natural law basis for human rights, including as contained in the Declaration of Independence (life, liberty and pursuit of happiness) as justification for rebellion against the tyranny of a King, and these natural rights are given by our Creator...not specifically the Christian God, much less Jesus, and those rights enumerated in the Constitution and its amendments thereafter. Such enumerated rights come from man's consent to be governed based on these rights, not from God, much less the Christian God.

She is arguing that extremist groups are claiming that all sorts of such rights come from the Christian God, as told to them and them alone, for use in governance.

It's time to freak out.
Mark Wahlberg is on Fox News Channel during lent, advertising a prayer app named Hallow.
It’s not for me and I generally shy away from pitches to give someone money out of religiosity, but I don’t have any particular issue with Catholics using such an app to help them with this part of their life.

https://www.pillarcatholic.com/p/i-trie ... -two-weeks

I was a little alarmed by the CEO’s name but then confirmed that this Alex Jones is quite different cat.

Are you gonna tell me that Wahlberg is a Christian Nationalist now? Mel Gibson maybe, but I don’t equate Christian with CN.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:13 pm

It's time to freak out.
It’s not for me and I generally shy away from pitches to give someone money out of religiosity, but I don’t have any particular issue with Catholics using such an app to help them with this part of their life.

I was a little alarmed by the CEO’s name but then confirmed that this Alex Jones is quite different cat.

Are you gonna tell me that Wahlberg is a Christian Nationalist now? Mel Gibson maybe, but I don’t equate Christian with CN.
I don't know if he's a WCN. That's your field of expertise.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:01 pm

It's time to freak out.

I don’t makes such assumptions. I need to see clear evidence. They generally make it pretty plain, though some try to not say it outright…

The “ it’s a Christian nation” and “America First” and “nationalism is good” are big tells…
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:53 am

It's time to freak out.

I don’t makes such assumptions. I need to see clear evidence. They generally make it pretty plain, though some try to not say it outright…

The “ it’s a Christian nation” and “America First” and “nationalism is good” are big tells…
You forgot to throw in the Betsy Ross flag for good measure. Your the Fanlax forum resident expert when it comes to labeling and judging other people. :P
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:06 am

It's time to freak out.

You forgot to throw in the Betsy Ross flag for good measure. Your the Fanlax forum resident expert when it comes to labeling and judging other people. :P
You should know. You do it EVERY DAY here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:12 am

It's time to freak out.

You should know. You do it EVERY DAY here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The exact reply I expected. If nothing else you are forever predictable. I criticize FLP radical liberal nutjobs all of the time. The sad part is that with perhaps Mr Dis, Doc 72 and Doc Barrister none of you people will publicly admit your political anger and intolerance towards those you disagree with. You hide under the big liberal lie of being moderates. As for myself, if the label fits then wear it proudly. There is nothing wrong with being a hard core avowed FLP wing nut. The only thing I asked that you have the balls to admit it. My sister is a FLP liberal wing nut. She has transformed from being a radical socialist to being a more traditional run of the mill liberal. Her and my brother in law are going down to visit friends in West Palm Beach. When I asked her if she was going to take the tour of Mara-Lago the language that came out of her mouth was not very liberal like. :D
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

It's time to freak out.

Are you saying that that flag is such a signal?

I’m not “judging”, I’m opposing.
Some of their ‘leaders’ are now saying what their intent is.
They’re serious.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:43 am

It's time to freak out.

They’re serious.
Sorry you didn't get it. I'm not surprised though in the least. Think about and maybe it'll sink into your cranium? :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:02 pm

It's time to freak out.

They’re serious.
Sorry you didn't get it. I'm not surprised though in the least. Think about and maybe it'll sink into your cranium? :roll:
I understood plenty your reference to the flag in your basement and our prior discussion of how some far right extremists have adopted it as a symbol of their ‘revolutionary’ ambitions. I’d explained this best I could to you…are you saying that it’s also Christian Nationalism symbolism now? Could be…definitely some overlapping numbskulls. In combination with the ‘it’s a Christian nation’ bs, sure.

Numbskull is “judging”; I’m opposing White Christian Nationalism. They are serious and MAGA world has embraced it, not rejected them. Very dangerous ideology IMO.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:47 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:02 pm

It's time to freak out.

They’re serious.
I understood plenty your reference to the flag in your basement and our prior discussion of how some far right extremists have adopted it as a symbol of their ‘revolutionary’ ambitions. I’d explained this best I could to you…are you saying that it’s also Christian Nationalism symbolism now? Could be…definitely some overlapping numbskulls. In combination with the ‘it’s a Christian nation’ bs, sure.

Numbskull is “judging”; I’m opposing White Christian Nationalism. They are serious and MAGA world has embraced it, not rejected them. Very dangerous ideology IMO.
So if someone flies a Betsy Ross flag in front of their house how do you judge that symbol ? Are they patriotic Americans or are they part of the new Republican fascist movement? Maybe you need to knock at the front door and ask? I almost have to give you some credit. You actually remembered the context of a conversation we had on this forum. Your CRS may not be as advanced as I thought. :D :D
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:43 pm So if someone flies a Betsy Ross flag in front of their house how do you judge that symbol ? Are they patriotic Americans or are they part of the new Republican fascist movement? Maybe you need to knock at the front door and ask? I almost have to give you some credit. You actually remembered the context of a conversation we had on this forum. Your CRS may not be as advanced as I thought. :D :D
If someone flies a swastika flag outside their house, do you think Nazi or Hindu?

If you hear hoofbeats on a hike in upstate NY, do you think horses or zebras?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:02 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:43 pm So if someone flies a Betsy Ross flag in front of their house how do you judge that symbol ? Are they patriotic Americans or are they part of the new Republican fascist movement? Maybe you need to knock at the front door and ask? I almost have to give you some credit. You actually remembered the context of a conversation we had on this forum. Your CRS may not be as advanced as I thought. :D :D
If someone flies a swastika flag outside their house, do you think Nazi or Hindu?

If you hear hoofbeats on a hike in upstate NY, do you think horses or zebras?
Horrible attempt at trying to make an analogy. I expect better of you. It's time for you to up your game. With regards to the Betsy Ross flag it can be viewed as a patriotic symbol of the revolutionary war. It can also be viewed by some folks as a symbol of WNC hatred and intolerance. There is only ONE clearly understood definition of what a Swastika flag stands for.

I need clarification on your hoofbeats statement. Are the hoofbeats coming from behind or from in front? :D
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:39 amThere is only ONE clearly understood definition of what a Swastika flag stands for.
Lol. Wrong. Bzzzt.

Swastika flags at Vancouver home spark cultural dialogue

The homeowner says the swastika is a traditional Hindu religious symbol that has nothing to do with Nazis

Return to “POLITICS”