NCAA Tournament 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
highbouncerswillgo

NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by highbouncerswillgo »

Now that the bracket is out where are the best games Saturday and where are the upsets?
Unknown Participant

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by Unknown Participant »

Best games, Stevenson/Union and Endicott/Swarthmore.
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

highbouncerswillgo wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:22 am Now that the bracket is out where are the best games Saturday and where are the upsets?
Upsets I could see potentially happening…

Grove city over Bowdoin
Stevenson over Union
Roanoke over Stevens (not sure if this is considered an upset but I think Stevens would be favored to win)
Frank Rizzo

Post by Frank Rizzo »

St Mary's over RPI - one could only wish and hope for
CentennialPundit

Post by CentennialPundit »

I don't think there is a high a chance this happens, but Scranton played dickinson pretty close during the regular season
highbouncerswillgo

Post by highbouncerswillgo »

Hot take of the week. CNU doesn't make it out of their pod. Not sure if Cabrini will get them, but when they literally have nothing to lose I can't wait to watch that one.

Then they either have to play Stevens who has been rolling or Roanoke, a senior heavy team who is juiced to probably be the last team in
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

highbouncerswillgo wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:23 pm Hot take of the week. CNU doesn't make it out of their pod. Not sure if Cabrini will get them, but when they literally have nothing to lose I can't wait to watch that one.

Then they either have to play Stevens who has been rolling or Roanoke, a senior heavy team who is juiced to probably be the last team in
This CNU team is loaded with 5th years and Seniors who have played big roles in two final fours and one elite 8 trip the last 3 years. I think their tournament experience gets them through the weekend, but I can definitely see it being two very tight games.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

highbouncerswillgo wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:23 pm Hot take of the week. CNU doesn't make it out of their pod. Not sure if Cabrini will get them, but when they literally have nothing to lose I can't wait to watch that one.

Roanoke or Cabrini won’t beat CNU. Roanoke may be senior heavy but so is CNU. The Captains have historically played really well against Noke. The average score of their last 5 matchups is 20-7 in favor of the Captains… Their seniors have played in 9 previous tournament game so they have the upper hand in the experience department.

Stevens though… Stevens is a scary team. They have a potent attack and a defense that is tough to penetrate if they are playing well. I think they matchup well with CNU and would make for a very interesting matchup if they meet.
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

Given the travel limitations for the Midwest teams, the ODAC once again got a favorable draw with W&L/Lynchburg all but guaranteed to win their first games. Which in turn means the ODAC is guaranteed to have a representative in the Elite 8. The trade off is…Salisbury.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Tufts has an opportunity for revenge after losing to Salisbury and Wes. Would love to see them step up their game. They have had a lot to think during their break. Which team will show up this May - the one who demolished CNU, Union, and Middlebury or the one that gave Williams and Hamilton a 8 goal lead? Looking forward to a fun tournament.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

SouthieLax wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:30 pm Given the travel limitations for the Midwest teams, the ODAC once again got a favorable draw with W&L/Lynchburg all but guaranteed to win their first games. Which in turn means the ODAC is guaranteed to have a representative in the Elite 8. The trade off is…Salisbury.
I think you are mistaken on Lynchburg ("Once again"). They had to go out to Ohio last year to play a better Denison team then, than now. W&L won the ODAC and was a top 10 team, maybe top 7 or 8, last year, and were seeded correctly, and given Swat in their bracket who lost to Grove City, no one saw that coming. To my knowledge, every higher seed or home team, got good draws based on their seeding.

valaxfan
Duckdad

Post by Duckdad »

Stevens defense is helped greatly by goalie Holtby. He was a starter at Hobart before doing his grad year at Stevens. I think Stevens could win the pod.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Laxguy703 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:07 pm

Roanoke or Cabrini won’t beat CNU. Roanoke may be senior heavy but so is CNU. The Captains have historically played really well against Noke. The average score of their last 5 matchups is 20-7 in favor of the Captains… Their seniors have played in 9 previous tournament game so they have the upper hand in the experience department.

Stevens though… Stevens is a scary team. They have a potent attack and a defense that is tough to penetrate if they are playing well. I think they matchup well with CNU and would make for a very interesting matchup if they meet.
Disagree with absolutes, given the results we've seen in conference tournaments. Agree on the Ducks, well coached, well constructed, should be a fun team to watch.
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

MVPiccoli wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:42 am
Laxguy703 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:07 pm

Disagree with absolutes, given the results we've seen in conference tournaments. Agree on the Ducks, well coached, well constructed, should be a fun team to watch.
If Cabrini can control Cook somewhat they have a nice chance. Cabrini can move ball very well but needs to go at least 50/50 at faceoffs.
ODACtionEmpire

Post by ODACtionEmpire »

BigMoose9 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:04 pm

This CNU team is loaded with 5th years and Seniors who have played big roles in two final fours and one elite 8 trip the last 3 years. I think their tournament experience gets them through the weekend, but I can definitely see it being two very tight games.
Being loaded with 5th years and Seniors only matters when they want to be there, and so far it looks like Brendes is the only one who wants to be in Newport News... was going to make a snarky comment on some of them having a foot out the door and in some sort of career, but their roster bios don't even include their majors to make that joke. Goes to show how much a CNU degree means in the real world.

Hard to compete with a team as desperate as Cabrini. Deluca has quite a special group there, and it showed in their conference final. I like the Cavs in an upset but not sure how much further they can get on short rest.

I mentioned it in the ODAC forum, but I really don't know if Roanoke matches up well with Stevens. The Ducks are about as solid as it gets defensively, and we've seen what happens when the Maroons face a good defense. My eyes will be on this pod for sure.
EasternShoreLaxGuy

Post by EasternShoreLaxGuy »

ODACtionEmpire wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:31 am
BigMoose9 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:04 pm

Being loaded with 5th years and Seniors only matters when they want to be there, and so far it looks like Brendes is the only one who wants to be in Newport News... was going to make a snarky comment on some of them having a foot out the door and in some sort of career, but their roster bios don't even include their majors to make that joke. Goes to show how much a CNU degree means in the real world.

Hard to compete with a team as desperate as Cabrini. Deluca has quite a special group there, and it showed in their conference final. I like the Cavs in an upset but not sure how much further they can get on short rest.

I mentioned it in the ODAC forum, but I really don't know if Roanoke matches up well with Stevens. The Ducks are about as solid as it gets defensively, and we've seen what happens when the Maroons face a good defense. My eyes will be on this pod for sure.

I’m all for giving it to CNU because I feel like they have had an easier ride to a “dominant program” because of a few OT wins to a down Lynchburg program in the past few years. But this Saturday is cabrini’s last game as a program. While DeLuca has done well with this squad and situation, a 19-12 win vs Marymount is not impressive whatsoever for a program going into the playoffs. CNU wins by atleast 7 Saturday. No mistake about it tho, Cook needs to be in every possession for the rest of the season. Couldn’t believe it when he wasn’t in a few times against SU. Needs to talk to DeLuca about Krug’s mentality in 2019 after the game and maybe cnu gets to the final four again if hanway can atleast save 50% of shots. They’ll be playing next week tho.
Tactful Lax

Post by Tactful Lax »

How much a CNU degree means in the real world? That's interesting.

I have three kids who all played sports at CNU, with two of them being lacrosse players. They all are doctors now and make more money than you did in your late 20s and early 30s buddy.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Tactful Lax wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:19 am How much a CNU degree means in the real world? That's interesting.

I have three kids who all played sports at CNU, with two of them being lacrosse players. They all are doctors now and make more money than you did in your late 20s and early 30s buddy.
Have to agree, that is a low blow on CNU grads. My oldest graduated from CNU, and credits his undergrad studies at CNU as essential to his six figure job.

valaxfan
ODACtionEmpire

Post by ODACtionEmpire »

valaxfan wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:53 am
Tactful Lax wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:19 am How much a CNU degree means in the real world? That's interesting.

Have to agree, that is a low blow on CNU grads. My oldest graduated from CNU, and credits his undergrad studies at CNU as essential to his six figure job.

valaxfan
Flex your kids' successes all you want. I've interviewed my fair share of CNU grads, and what you may save in $$ to go there in state, you lose in preparation for the real world. Farmville prepared my kids for their 7* figure jobs on Wall St just fine, where they're making enough money for me to put my own name on your kids' medical school if I wanted to.
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

ODACtionEmpire wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:02 am
valaxfan wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:53 am

valaxfan
Flex your kids' successes all you want. I've interviewed my fair share of CNU grads, and what you may save in $$ to go there in state, you lose in preparation for the real world. Farmville prepared my kids for their 7* figure jobs on Wall St just fine, where they're making enough money for me to put my own name on your kids' medical school if I wanted to.
I’m guessing your Father’s Day is a lonely one.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”