2025 Draft

D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
Matnum PI

2025 Draft

Post by Matnum PI »

For now, the plan is to start the 2025 Draft on Sunday, November 10, 2024.

1 Maddog
2 PA Talk
3 Keoni007
4 ChopSticks
5 girlsdoitbetter
6 GreenieLax
7 NJLaxx11
8 ohmilax34
9 Typical Lax Dad
10 DU-Fan
11 Lax1
12 Matnum PI
13 OCanada
14 FCALax
15 UK Lax
16 CalLaxDad
17 NC Lax
18 GenghiskhanBluejay
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Re: 2025 Draft

Post by Matnum PI »

We should consider replacing Towson (CAA) and UMass (A10) with a Patriot, Big East, B1G, or Ivy Team. Not because Towson and UMass aren't good teams. They're good. The issue is their schedules. Both their schedules are far from perfect. The teams below may not be as good as Towson and/or UMass (though many are), but their schedules are more consistent with the rest of the NCAA Teams That Count within our league.

Michigan (B1G), Lehigh, BU, Colgate (Patriot), Dartmouth (Ivy), Providence (Big East) are prime candidates.
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:03 pm We should consider replacing Towson (CAA) and UMass (A10) with a Patriot, Big East, B1G, or Ivy Team. Not because Towson and UMass aren't good teams. They're good. The issue is their schedules. Both their schedules are far from perfect. The teams below may not be as good as Towson and/or UMass (though many are), but their schedules are more consistent with the rest of the NCAA Teams That Count within our league.

Michigan (B1G), Lehigh, BU, Colgate (Patriot), Dartmouth (Ivy), Providence (Big East) are prime candidates.
Richmond would work and keep a A10 rep in place of UMASs and they play some decent OOC. Would be far better imo than any of the team except Mich and BU. Mich hasn’t done it long enough yet so we really want two non conference tourney Big Ten teams? Prov, Dart and Gate (and Lehigh) haven’t done as much as Richmond over a 3,5,10yr period.

We need more geographic expansion where possible also.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:54 pm Richmond would work and keep a A10 rep in place of UMASs...
We want to get rid of A10. Not replace the one we have.
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:27 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:54 pm Richmond would work and keep a A10 rep in place of UMASs...
We want to get rid of A10. Not replace the one we have.
Say whattt?

Well I hate the idea of all the big ten and ACC included notwithstanding their strength. Is it the OOC or bottom of in comference? - and to be very very very clear this is not any kind of opening to take shots at Hobart, this family is locking it wounds on that topic. Or is it calendar?

Air Force?

Otherwise if you want a vote from this corner from your list solely then give me BU
See Martin, Malcolm
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:33 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:27 pm We want to get rid of A10. Not replace the one we have.
Say whattt?
https://fanlax.com/2018/01/29/how-fanla ... caa-teams/
Caddy Day
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

michigan and dartmouth would make sense. getting all the teams from 2 of the top 3 conferences in ncaa.

side note; if hoffman and goldstein can perform like they are in this ivy semifinal im in decent shape next year!
genghiskhanbluejay

Post by genghiskhanbluejay »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:03 pm We should consider replacing Towson (CAA) and UMass (A10) with a Patriot, Big East, B1G, or Ivy Team. Not because Towson and UMass aren't good teams. They're good. The issue is their schedules. Both their schedules are far from perfect. The teams below may not be as good as Towson and/or UMass (though many are), but their schedules are more consistent with the rest of the NCAA Teams That Count within our league.

How bad would i get screwed with losing Weisshaar and Villagomez? given a third round pick? LOL
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:14 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:33 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:27 pm We want to get rid of A10. Not replace the one we have.
Say whattt?
https://fanlax.com/2018/01/29/how-fanla ... caa-teams/
Understood all my proxy vote for jr is Boston U. They are far and away the most successful and consistent over a period of time. Adding Mich would just make this boring. Regressive
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Mon May 06, 2024 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Where the draft going to be held? Matnum, Jr was thinking that he would regrets this so hope there’s a budget for it for the draft special.

https://youtu.be/5SR__xrrr_8?si=yj7SiXICgTF1tvn-
See Martin, Malcolm
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

BU or Lehigh sounds good. Michigan is the obvious one, but I don't know if adding a B1G team helps Matt with scheduling.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ohmilax34 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:08 pm ... but I don't know if adding a B1G team helps Matt with scheduling.
It'll totally help. Teams that play our NCAA Teams that Count help us.
Caddy Day
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:39 pm michigan and dartmouth would make sense. getting all the teams from 2 of the top 3 conferences in ncaa.

side note; if hoffman and goldstein can perform like they are in this ivy semifinal im in decent shape next year!
We are not "re-adding" Dartmouth after I lost 2 great players back when we dropped Dartmouth...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

nclaxin wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:01 pm
Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:39 pm michigan and dartmouth would make sense. getting all the teams from 2 of the top 3 conferences in ncaa.

We are not "re-adding" Dartmouth after I lost 2 great players back when we dropped Dartmouth...
He may be just fishing to try and rope MDLax into fantasy with that one.
See Martin, Malcolm
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Michigan and Lehigh for me, Dartmouth always gets crushed in the IVY.

The schedule for those teams really aren’t good enough this is true but also not too bothered if we swap them out. Although that’s probs easier than re-think how we do defense.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

My other idea was do we make defense worth half a point per goal, meaning the max they can score is 5 and the lowest for 20 conceded would be minus 5, that way if your defense has a bad week, yes you get a bad score but the rest of you team can still bail you out with goals, like in real lacrosse. Currently defense has such a heavy bearing on score they can affect the whole team, whereas half point would still be positive or negative but maybe less extreme.

Would be an easy fix, keep defense relevant and maybe stop you having to swap out those teams.. who score well but so does O’Neill or kavanaugh or Brandau

Maybe put it to a vote, feel like more people would be in favour of this small change than more teams swaps?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

In a typical NCAA game, 3 attackmen and 3 middies account for the lion's share of the teams goals. Occasionally a long stick, occasionally a 4th or 5th attackman and/or other middies. But the lion's share is 3 attackmen and 3 middies. Let's call it 80% of the goals. Conversely, 100% of the goals against happen as a direct result of a team's D. By definition. That being the case, yes. there's a slightly higher emphasis on team D than on team O but only slightly higher. What if, going forward, we started 4 As and 4 Ms (instead of 3 and 3) in order to try and better balance out the O vs. D?
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:09 am In a typical NCAA game, 3 attackmen and 3 middies account for the lion's share of the teams goals. Occasionally a long stick, occasionally a 4th or 5th attackman and/or other middies. But the lion's share is 3 attackmen and 3 middies. Let's call it 80% of the goals. Conversely, 100% of the goals against happen as a direct result of a team's D. By definition. That being the case, yes. there's a slightly higher emphasis on team D than on team O but only slightly higher. What if, going forward, we started 4 As and 4 Ms (instead of 3 and 3) in order to try and better balance out the O vs. D?
Split it. 3-4 is 33% 6-7 is 16% change closer to the delta on o v d scoring.

4 A, 3 M (most folks fourth M won’t do Jack anyway if you look through the rosters). It’s fantasy the symmetry isn’t important like round numbers of the Dow or s&p don’t matter.
See Martin, Malcolm
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I lean to BU and Lehigh.
PATalk

Post by PATalk »

Changing the D threshold from 10 to 12 keeps the D's significance but makes everyones weekly score two points better.

Return to “D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”