Coaching Carousel 2024

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Lets start the show

Open

FDU (NJ)
sguy9

Re: Coaching Carousel 2024

Post by sguy9 »

I think this chain will get hot after this weekend.
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

Guildford (NC) is open - https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=d7751 ... serp&vjs=3

Brockport (NY) is also open - https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=dc9c0 ... serp&vjs=3
Looks like it's going back to FT
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

Brockport (NY)
FDU (NJ)
Guilford (NC)
LaGrange (GA)
Doxology

Post by Doxology »

LacrosseFan33 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:08 pm Brockport (NY) is also open - https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=dc9c0 ... serp&vjs=3
Maybe be a state requirement? I'm betting Cornaire is not going anywhere but instead the school is just advertising it since it's a switch in status.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Doxology wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:37 pm Maybe be a state requirement? I'm betting Cornaire is not going anywhere but instead the school is just advertising it since it's a switch in status.
Correct
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

Looks like VA Wesleyan is open now:

https://vwuathletics.com/sports/mlax/coaches
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Lots of talk on the forum of some big spots coming up.

-WAC
-Denison
-Middlebury
-Stevens

Any validity to the rumors?
MarionBarry

Post by MarionBarry »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:55 am Lots of talk on the forum of some big spots coming up.

-WAC
-Denison
-Middlebury
-Stevens

Any validity to the rumors?
Rumors is all these are...
Rumors created by us forum posters
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

MarionBarry wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:48 am Rumors is all these are...
+1
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Leonard Washington wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:00 am
MarionBarry wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:48 am Rumors is all these are...
+1
I don’t recall anyone saying the Denison job was open. People saying Koch needs to upgrade his assistants but no one said he himself is on the way out. At least not that I recall. Denison doesn’t work like that. I’d be SHOCKED if there is movement at Denison HC position.
boblaxnj

Post by boblaxnj »

Ryan Licht might be an interesting name for FDU. Current DC at Stevens and was formerly the Montclair DC. Also a Hall of Fame inductee at FDU. Personally trying to follow FDU the last few years they could use a new energetic guy, and from what I’ve heard about Licht, he’s that. The defense at Stevens has been statistically one of the best in the country the last couple of years with him there. Would be tough to go from the top of the conference to the bottom however. The coordinator jobs at Stevens have been a rotating door recently, wonder if he could be another one to leave for a “higher” position.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

boblaxnj wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:26 am Ryan Licht might be an interesting name for FDU. Current DC at Stevens and was formerly the Montclair DC. Also a Hall of Fame inductee at FDU. Personally trying to follow FDU the last few years they could use a new energetic guy, and from what I’ve heard about Licht, he’s that. The defense at Stevens has been statistically one of the best in the country the last couple of years with him there. Would be tough to go from the top of the conference to the bottom however. The coordinator jobs at Stevens have been a rotating door recently, wonder if he could be another one to leave for a “higher” position.
heard rumblings this weekend about some nonsense going on at stevens. wonder if his alum status at FDU would drive him there vs staying on at Stevens.
boblaxnj

Post by boblaxnj »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:40 am
boblaxnj wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:26 am Ryan Licht might be an interesting name for FDU. Current DC at Stevens and was formerly the Montclair DC. Also a Hall of Fame inductee at FDU. Personally trying to follow FDU the last few years they could use a new energetic guy, and from what I’ve heard about Licht, he’s that. The defense at Stevens has been statistically one of the best in the country the last couple of years with him there. Would be tough to go from the top of the conference to the bottom however. The coordinator jobs at Stevens have been a rotating door recently, wonder if he could be another one to leave for a “higher” position.
heard rumblings this weekend about some nonsense going on at stevens. wonder if his alum status at FDU would drive him there vs staying on at Stevens.
Interesting. I’d imagine it’d be very hard to pull him away, especially with how FDU has fared recently. It would be a tough rebuild. However, I also can’t see FDU having enough pull to bring in a guy who isn’t at least familiar with the program.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

boblaxnj wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:10 am
Interesting. I’d imagine it’d be very hard to pull him away, especially with how FDU has fared recently. It would be a tough rebuild. However, I also can’t see FDU having enough pull to bring in a guy who isn’t at least familiar with the program.
fdu has always been relatively solid, for the mid to low d3 programs, as you seem to know. nice campus, great field. i don't know much about their facilities. it's in a lacrosse rich area, i'd imagine it's harder to keep that talent in town, per se.

EDIT: i didn't realize how bad FDU has been the last 5 years. i remember them being somewhat good.
boblaxnj

Post by boblaxnj »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:12 am
boblaxnj wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:10 am
fdu has always been relatively solid, for the mid to low d3 programs, as you seem to know. nice campus, great field. i don't know much about their facilities. it's in a lacrosse rich area, i'd imagine it's harder to keep that talent in town, per se.

EDIT: i didn't realize how bad FDU has been the last 5 years. i remember them being somewhat good.
Coach Scarpello had some great years with the program, but yes, the last few have been almost unwatchable. Definitely a lacrosse rich area. Even if you aren’t getting the top tier talent in the area, which is far fetched (Delbarton, Madison, Mountain Lakes etc.) they still should be able to compete in the conference with what’s left after the D1 and high D3 guys are gone.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

+1
jerseyjames

Post by jerseyjames »

How do we know FDU is open? Scarpello is still listed on site and has been an institution there
jerseyjames

Post by jerseyjames »

Also, if FDU is open I believe people may be looking at the wrong Stevens assistant that could be the one to fill the job.

Dan Lederer has been around the block, including coaching FDU and Licht when the program was at their best. A much more mature hire, not as exciting but he knows his stuff and could bring some stability to the program and won't embarrass the school, if running a program is some Lederer is interested in.

Either way I think one of them would make the most sense and could be interested if not only for helping outside business purposes.

Also, this job is looking at a total overhaul, a 5+ year rebuild just to be competitive in conference games

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”