Hobart 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
FMUBart

Re: Hobart 2025

Post by FMUBart »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:57 pm A big concern of mine is the departure of Coach Gray. Have heard great things about what he has accomplished with strength and conditioning at Hobart. If Coach Brundage were to interview elsewhere, good for him, but would be a tough loss. Is there any credibility to the Ashmore rumors? Interested to see what other possible replacements we are considering, Ty Yanko ‘21 is also a name that comes to mind. I’d love to see the pace of the offense slow down some and emphasize individual dodging more. Not to beat the dead horse but size is everything in the modern game. If Snellenberg could gain 10 lbs, and Rosa and Delano each could gain 30+ I think it would be paramount for our success moving forward.
Those guys need 4 - 5" too, nutbag..
Bartfromboston

Post by Bartfromboston »

Delano couldn’t hold 30 more pounds - he is soooo good but he’s 5’5’’ at best and his speed and shiftiness is his thing. Rosa is decent build, shellenberg is big enough already but doesnt matter because he never played. Schleicher is good size, Stillwell looks 6 ft, Rhine is 6’2 or 6’3’’, valent is Shae like build, nick sotiropolous is big enough as well. Dino is huge. We have plenty of size to compete.

Knox is at TCU helping to run the club program I heard, he might be ready to take the next step. Eric Holden was never big - probably the size of datellas, John Jude, Stilwell or Greene
fourrings1988

Post by fourrings1988 »

FMUBart wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:27 pm
Hebrewhammer wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:57 pm A big concern of mine is the departure of Coach Gray. Have heard great things about what he has accomplished with strength and conditioning at Hobart. If Coach Brundage were to interview elsewhere, good for him, but would be a tough loss. Is there any credibility to the Ashmore rumors? Interested to see what other possible replacements we are considering, Ty Yanko ‘21 is also a name that comes to mind. I’d love to see the pace of the offense slow down some and emphasize individual dodging more. Not to beat the dead horse but size is everything in the modern game. If Snellenberg could gain 10 lbs, and Rosa and Delano each could gain 30+ I think it would be paramount for our success moving forward.
How tall are you bro?
Hebrewhammer

Post by Hebrewhammer »

I don’t really understand where the animosity comes from FMU, we all want what’s best for these kids. I feel strongly that in this era mass moves mass. When we played it may have been different, but now athleticism and strength are everything. If our skill players (Delano Rosa etc.) can pack on at least 25 pounds that would make a difference. A lot of their game is predicated on their quickness, and 4-5 inches is way too large of a length that it would impact their game. If we want to have a serious conversation about improving the team, I also think reinstating the Varsity JV levels we played with would be beneficial to our depth and comradely, but it seems like you just want to yell.
slumdogmillionaire

Post by slumdogmillionaire »

Any word on JohnJude? One would assume he is foaming at the mouth to get back out there as one of the strongest midfielders, when healthy, in the A10.

As for Michael Bennett, I could see him fill into the roll that 5th year senior and leader Vin Orlando had. A larger enforcer and vocal pole that specializes with the mandown unit. Someone mentioned previously how they hate Cuse but simply love to watch them play. I too fit this mold. The most intriguing part imo is their "JunkYardDog Unit" where they place all back-ups in the man down unit. Guys embracing their roles.

Rumor has it, several recent grads are attempting to get into the coaching realm. Yanko '21 has had immense success in his west coast junior box league, could that translate to the field game with guys like Peterkin? HHF, Never Let The Music Die
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Hey, “full transparency” Ted’s time would be better spent elsewhere if this is what we keep hearing and coming from a clearly unprepared guy too focused on his ego or job.

Full transparency does he ever listen to what he says on the podcasts?

Full transparency - we all get it. Our HC is the one who doesn’t get the plot of his responsibilities and expectations of him as employee.

Full transparency, I’m thinking after during and after the podcast of the end of this book:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Of_Mice_and_Men
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

We had a 5’9” center on our fb team for a stretch before he transferred into
Nagy and had to lose 60lbs off his 255lb frame for the requirement/. So the govt thinks anything over 195 for 5’9” is a problem /
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Bartfromboston wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:40 pm Delano couldn’t hold 30 more pounds - he is soooo good but he’s 5’5’’ at best and his speed and shiftiness is his thing. Rosa is decent build, shellenberg is big enough already but doesnt matter because he never played. Schleicher is good size, Stillwell looks 6 ft, Rhine is 6’2 or 6’3’’, valent is Shae like build, nick sotiropolous is big enough as well. Dino is huge. We have plenty of size to compete.

Knox is at TCU helping to run the club program I heard, he might be ready to take the next step. Eric Holden was never big - probably the size of datellas, John Jude, Stilwell or Greene
Absolutely no thanks in Knox. Unless his younger bro didn’t go pro and decided to
Come to Geneva instead of Mercer or wherever he was heading. Aside from youth what I’ve heard doesn’t sound like a leader of young men.

However given my prior comment more how BU beat army
For a second time this year and probably is going to take the PL AQ again
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:08 pm
I don’t really understand where the animosity comes from FMU, we all want what’s best for these kids. I feel strongly that in this era mass moves mass. When we played it may have been different, but now athleticism and strength are everything. If our skill players (Delano Rosa etc.) can pack on at least 25 pounds that would make a difference. A lot of their game is predicated on their quickness, and 4-5 inches is way too large of a length that it would impact their game. If we want to have a serious conversation about improving the team, I also think reinstating the Varsity JV levels we played with would be beneficial to our depth and comradely, but it seems like you just want to yell.
Just wildly unrealistic numbers. 5-15lbs.
See Martin, Malcolm
thehashslingingslash

Post by thehashslingingslash »

I agree that some of these numbers are far fetched. While I believe that a lot of our injuries are due to amount of mass, I don't think packing on excessive amounts of weight is the answer.

I believe that these guys need two spend some time on the wall. In my day, the stick was an extension of the hands. I think Alex Rosa is a prime example of this. From what I have heard, he sleeps, eats, and breaths lacrosse. We need more guys, on both sides of the ball with this same mentality. Vin Orlando was an example of this on the defensive end. He has as good of a stick as I've seen with a pole in years. If he had better footwork, his name would be thrown around with the likes of Jake Pesina from Albany. I agree with slum dog, I could see micheal Bennet filling a similar role, except his footwork is far more impressive. TO go along with this, I've also seen him dive for countless groundballs, he embodies the word grit. Also hoping Stillwell finds some Tim,e next year, his hitch to his left hand seems unstoppable, wether you know its coming or not.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

fourrings1988 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:02 pm
How tall are you bro?
6’1” and four rings too. As far as “animosity” it’s called frustration with our lack of size at SSDM. Did you watch UMass or even St Bonnie’s? I’ve been to 8-10 D1 games this year…Hobart is small. Offensively, Bach was a force vs St Bonnie’s..get more guys like that in addition to Guys like Rosa & Patterson. I’ll step back and let you guys tell me what it’s all about..
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It is a fact when you compare with an offense that had Aslanian, Scott, Mott, Knox, Holden and Archer was the only small one amongst them. Madonna at 5’11” 185-190 was on the small side of that offense. It’s not necessary but throw out Barthelme and Ward who both have been inured too much to be in a flow of the offense for a whole season and narrow skill sets. We don’t have anyone like the above list athletically and physically. Would like to see half the top 6 be more like 6’1 territory and 190-215 (or higher if much taller than 6’2”
See Martin, Malcolm
Bartfromboston

Post by Bartfromboston »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:46 pm It is a fact when you compare with an offense that had Aslanian, Scott, Mott, Knox, Holden and Archer was the only small one amongst them. Madonna at 5’11” 185-190 was on the small side of that offense. It’s not necessary but throw out Barthelme and Ward who both have been inured too much to be in a flow of the offense for a whole season and narrow skill sets. We don’t have anyone like the above list athletically and physically. Would like to see half the top 6 be more like 6’1 territory and 190-215 (or higher if much taller than 6’2”
That would awesome. But we do need more than just size. Barthelme is huge but got pushed around all the time, could never back down a defender and whenever hit would typically be injured for the next game. Ward was better but still didnt have a mindset to use his body as a tool. So size is great but you have to be a player that uses it or the size can just mean slow
Bartfromboston

Post by Bartfromboston »

slumdogmillionaire wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:28 pm Any word on JohnJude? One would assume he is foaming at the mouth to get back out there as one of the strongest midfielders, when healthy, in the A10.

As for Michael Bennett, I could see him fill into the roll that 5th year senior and leader Vin Orlando had. A larger enforcer and vocal pole that specializes with the mandown unit. Someone mentioned previously how they hate Cuse but simply love to watch them play. I too fit this mold. The most intriguing part imo is their "JunkYardDog Unit" where they place all back-ups in the man down unit. Guys embracing their roles.

Rumor has it, several recent grads are attempting to get into the coaching realm. Yanko '21 has had immense success in his west coast junior box league, could that translate to the field game with guys like Peterkin? HHF, Never Let The Music Die
John Jude has two years left and I heard should be ready next year. I also heard he is very smart so he will be a fifth year option for us or someone else.
Hebrewhammer

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Bartfromboston wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:41 am
slumdogmillionaire wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:28 pm Any word on JohnJude? One would assume he is foaming at the mouth to get back out there as one of the strongest midfielders, when healthy, in the A10.

John Jude has two years left and I heard should be ready next year. I also heard he is very smart so he will be a fifth year option for us or someone else.
Thanks for the update on John Jude BFB. Sounds like you have an inside scoop do you know what other injured players we should expect to return to the lineup in the 2025 campaign? I am really hoping that some freshman come into their own under John Jude’s leadership on the field like Stillwell, Dan C etc. I also am very excited for the development of Colden Swisher. Reminds me of Adam Davis ‘23, hoping we dip back into the Baldwinsville recruiting pool again soon. We need more of those old fashioned B-Ville roughneck gunslingers in our lineup.
Bartfromboston

Post by Bartfromboston »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:29 am
Bartfromboston wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:41 am

Thanks for the update on John Jude BFB. Sounds like you have an inside scoop do you know what other injured players we should expect to return to the lineup in the 2025 campaign? I am really hoping that some freshman come into their own under John Jude’s leadership on the field like Stillwell, Dan C etc. I also am very excited for the development of Colden Swisher. Reminds me of Adam Davis ‘23, hoping we dip back into the Baldwinsville recruiting pool again soon. We need more of those old fashioned B-Ville roughneck gunslingers in our lineup.
Dino. Race was injured this year. Swisher is solid but never got time the second half of season. I don’t recall him ever being in street clothes so assume it was coach decision. Stillwell Campbell swisher envin never really saw the field so assuming all back and healthy we should expect some production out of that crew.

I will be curious who runs attack versus mid. Envin can’t beat out Patterson so he really needs to run out of box. Stilwell can play both but I would have him attack and Delano from box but they could rotate. Campbell could be a beast as ssdm.
Laxbro19

Post by Laxbro19 »

That sounds good on paper. But what are the odds they are all back. Assuming they are any good because we don’t really know given half the team doesn’t play. With so many seniors leaving and the bias toward playing small numbers and older kids it’s tough to predict what next year looks like.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Biggest risks of hitting the TP are Faiola, Rhine, Campbell, and Stillwell. Patterson, Cavo, Schleicher, Sotiropoulos and Valent all saw significant PT and I would hope are happy with their roles so far. Fox is a legacy and also a very good goalie. Weist is an unknown. Swisher did get time early in the season. No idea why he wasn't out there more. I put Faiola and Rhine up front as both have shown the ability to be a starter. With Rhine, his season long improvement was notable, especially in A 10 games. Faiola had multiple offers before choosing Bart and showed some excellent stopping abilities coming in cold a few times. Coach Raymond would be smart to put on a strong push to keep them all at H&WS imho.

I found it interesting towards the end of the season end podcast that Coach Raymond admitted to at least being aware of comments made on this thread. If he is serious about figuring out where and why things went wrong, he may want to read and think about the more serious posts here. No one is right all the time. We can all learn from others if we listen, myself included. Off my soap box now. Hope the players take their time making a very important decision in their young lives.
thehashslingingslash

Post by thehashslingingslash »

To be honest, I don’t think Raymond cares at all what’s going on with this forum. Good coaches focus on what matters, and this is not it. This upcoming season they need to work harder than they ever had and perfect their craft. Saint Joes won by a larger margin today than they did against the statesmen.

This upcoming senior class is talented, dedicated and hungry. I think we have a few diamonds in the rough within this roster. No one wants it as bad as these guys and I can’t wait to see what they do. Let’s go Bart
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

thehashslingingslash wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:12 pm To be honest, I don’t think Raymond cares at all what’s going on with this forum. Good coaches focus on what matters, and this is not it. This upcoming season they need to work harder than they ever had and perfect their craft. Saint Joes won by a larger margin today than they did against the statesmen.

This upcoming senior class is talented, dedicated and hungry. I think we have a few diamonds in the rough within this roster. No one wants it as bad as these guys and I can’t wait to see what they do. Let’s go Bart
He cared enough to take the time in the podcast to be bitchy about it. The old' "you don't have all the information so shut up" play. Of course there's always the alternative of modfying the method and frequency of communication. But some folks like the play the information asymmetry game as their (temporary) advantage and some just work to outrun the competitoin.
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”