Coaching Carousel 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
gymman1031

Coaching Carousel 2024

Post by gymman1031 »

Let's get it started. Detroit Mercy's Chris Kolon is resigning at the end of this season.
pcowlax

Re: Coaching Carousel 2024

Post by pcowlax »

A school like that is interesting. Not many D1 head spots out there so usually you could say that even at a spot like DM there would be a number of interested candidates but there is so little chance of success there I'm not sure you can say that. I don't see any hot up and coming D1 coordinator wanting to go there and sink into oblivion. If I's a top D3 coach I'm not going either in what may be my only shot at D1, 5 years of 6-79 and hard to get another job. Not really any prominent alums I can think of they might tempt.
EasyRider

Post by EasyRider »

It'll be Charlie Hayes - alum, smart coach, credibility, team loves him.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Looks like Hayes has been coaching there for a few years now.. I'm sure UDM will save money with Hayes.

Think a national search/fresh start could do this team some justice.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

I would hate for this to be the case, since he is well-liked and, all-together, has had a nice run. However, could Bucknell's Frank Fedorjaka be next? The Bison play their last game of the season Friday night at Navy.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

gymman1031 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:55 pm I would hate for this to be the case, since he is well-liked and, all-together, has had a nice run. However, could Bucknell's Frank Fedorjaka be next? The Bison play their last game of the season Friday night at Navy.
Take this back. Bucknell has a very, very young team. I bet they give him at least one more year.
lilax

Post by lilax »

gymman1031 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:39 pm
gymman1031 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:55 pm I would hate for this to be the case, since he is well-liked and, all-together, has had a nice run. However, could Bucknell's Frank Fedorjaka be next? The Bison play their last game of the season Friday night at Navy.
Take this back. Bucknell has a very, very young team. I bet they give him at least one more year.
Are you arguing with yourself?
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

pcowlax wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:22 pm A school like that is interesting. Not many D1 head spots out there so usually you could say that even at a spot like DM there would be a number of interested candidates but there is so little chance of success there I'm not sure you can say that. I don't see any hot up and coming D1 coordinator wanting to go there and sink into oblivion. If I's a top D3 coach I'm not going either in what may be my only shot at D1, 5 years of 6-79 and hard to get another job. Not really any prominent alums I can think of they might tempt.
Gotta wonder how that type of interview goes. What exactly does the AD & search committee have to offer to a coach? "Well, looks like D2 is dying, so the odds are we'll stay D1. Whadda ya say, wanna coach here? Please?"
SkipPass

Post by SkipPass »

When does OSU move on from Nick Myers? Another losing season and losing to Michigan twice. Not a good look.
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

I admire OSU for their scheduling. OOC - ND, Virginia, Denver, Cornell. Lost by only 3-5 in each. Three one goal losses in conference. Realize Michigan beat them pretty good this weekend. Always sense they are very well coached, strong fundamentals, just don't have enough elite players on offense to take to next step.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

SkipPass wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:16 am When does OSU move on from Nick Myers? Another losing season and losing to Michigan twice. Not a good look.
they don’t
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Didn't OSU just recently build a new lacrosse-only stadium? Can't imagine that there isn't some pressure to take the program to the next level. It's been a long time since the NC-game season, and in the 7 years since they haven't won a single NCAA game (and I think have only made the tourney once).

It would be an easy conclusion to reach that the other Big10 programs have passed OSU by and that it's time to move on.
Last edited by ICGrad on Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Merrimack's coach resigned yesterday.

After the Duke flame-out yesterday, I wouldn't be shocked if UNC finally moved on from Breschi.
JerrysWorld

Post by JerrysWorld »

SkipPass wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:16 am When does OSU move on from Nick Myers? Another losing season and losing to Michigan twice. Not a good look.
I’m sure it doesn’t help that OSU is hosting the Big Ten Tournament but are not playing in it.
Laxinmay

Post by Laxinmay »

Will they make a coaching change?:
- Ohio State
- UNC
- Marquette
- Brown
- Hobart
- Bucknell

Already Open
- Merrimack

Will they retire
- Danowski
- Corrigan

And who will possibly replace if those openings occur
Laxnation

Post by Laxnation »

Mike Daley is undoubtedly the worst coach in division one Lacrosse. He has very limited knowledge of the game and relies on his assistant coaches. It is a complete fluke that he became a division one coach in the first place and for the good of Brown lacrosse, he needs to go!

Nick Meyers is a complete jerk and he ruins the experience for his players. Very few of his former players likes him or respects him.

Corrigan is not retiring anytime soon. He is excellent at fundraising and is having too much fun.

I think it’s time for Duke and NC to hire a new coaches. They can do better!
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Laxnation wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:56 am Mike Daley is undoubtedly the worst coach in division one Lacrosse. He has very limited knowledge of the game and relies on his assistant coaches. It is a complete fluke that he became a division one coach in the first place and for the good of Brown lacrosse, he needs to go!

Nick Meyers is a complete jerk and he ruins the experience for his players. Very few of his former players likes him or respects him.
WOW! Tell us how you really feel!! Daly won a natty or 2 while at Tufts, I guess he was just lucky? Can’t speak to OSU situation, but I’m sure the AD has an idea.
coda

Post by coda »

Laxnation wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:56 am Mike Daley is undoubtedly the worst coach in division one Lacrosse. He has very limited knowledge of the game and relies on his assistant coaches. It is a complete fluke that he became a division one coach in the first place and for the good of Brown lacrosse, he needs to go!

Corrigan is not retiring anytime soon. He is excellent at fundraising and is having too much fun.

I think it’s time for Duke and NC to hire a new coaches. They can do better!
I think Dano has earned the right to walk, when he decides. If he goes .500, than the admin can decide his retirement.

Breschi should be gone, especially after the disaster this weekend
coda

Post by coda »

NYlax222 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 am I admire OSU for their scheduling. OOC - ND, Virginia, Denver, Cornell. Lost by only 3-5 in each. Three one goal losses in conference. Realize Michigan beat them pretty good this weekend. Always sense they are very well coached, strong fundamentals, just don't have enough elite players on offense to take to next step.
I think the 4 straight losses to Michigan might be the biggest issue for the AD. I don’t think lacrosse is high on the AD’s to do list, but struggling vs your biggest rival is the best way to get you to the top of his list
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

He’s been through a lot personally down there and was Sid Jameson’s assistant so like Gravante they’d be taking out a 25ye relationship that was successful for a long time. He does seem to be falling off though the PL is different than 10yrs ago/
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”