NU at UNC 3/25

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Madlax59

NU at UNC 3/25

Post by Madlax59 »

Big game today at Chapel Hill. Which NU team will show up today? The team that lost to PS or the other team which has been dominant all season?
I’m thinking game will be a back and forth event but that NU will pull it out at the end with a victory. NU by 3.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: NU at UNC 3/25

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Madlax59 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:54 am Big game today at Chapel Hill. Which NU team will show up today? The team that lost to PS or the other team which has been dominant all season?
I’m thinking game will be a back and forth event but that NU will pull it out at the end with a victory. NU by 3.
I am hopeful that NU's No. 2 is healthy. Northwestern needs players like Amonte and Holmes and Taylor to show up. Just to make this thread more lively, I think Northwestern will come, enjoy the nice grass and good (or at least temperate) weather in North Carolina and thump the daylights out of UNC. 15-10.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

I think NU is a scary match up for UNC on a normal day, but coming off a bad loss to PSU is all the motivation the Cats need to bring it in Chapel Hill. I think there is every possibility we see a repeat of the beat down Cuse put on the Heels a couple of weeks ago. NU's style of play, overwhelm opponents with speed and athleticism, could easily be more than the Heels can handle.

(If the above does not unfold, a reasonable person could start to wonder what is up in the NU locker room. With all of the talent on the roster my mind always goes to the state of team dynamics/chemistry. Could this be the root cause of the relatively bumpy ride for NU this season? Too soon to tell right now IMO, but putting it on the table)
DMac

Post by DMac »

This is the same team Cuse held to 5 goals while putting up 20.
I won't be surprised if this one goes more along those lines. NU,
I would imagine, is going to come in angry.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

DMac wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:32 am This is the same team Cuse held to 5 goals while putting up 20.
I won't be surprised if this one goes more along those lines. NU,
I would imagine, is going to come in angry.

^^^^^ My point exactly.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

I'm hoping they make the whole Wildcats team watch a replay of the 2022 semifinal before the game and they come out of the locker room breathing fire. I'm only half kidding.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:28 am I think NU is a scary match up for UNC on a normal day, but coming off a bad loss to PSU is all the motivation the Cats need to bring it in Chapel Hill. I think there is every possibility we see a repeat of the beat down Cuse put on the Heels a couple of weeks ago. NU's style of play, overwhelm opponents with speed and athleticism, could easily be more than the Heels can handle.

(If the above does not unfold, a reasonable person could start to wonder what is up in the NU locker room. With all of the talent on the roster my mind always goes to the state of team dynamics/chemistry. Could this be the root cause of the relatively bumpy ride for NU this season? Too soon to tell right now IMO, but putting it on the table)
^^ Outstanding
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

GratefulRed wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:27 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:28 am I think NU is a scary match up for UNC on a normal day, but coming off a bad loss to PSU is all the motivation the Cats need to bring it in Chapel Hill. I think there is every possibility we see a repeat of the beat down Cuse put on the Heels a couple of weeks ago. NU's style of play, overwhelm opponents with speed and athleticism, could easily be more than the Heels can handle.

^^ Outstanding
3-2 Heels half way through 1st quarter.
Heels showing a little more energy than NU.
NU defense doesn't look great.
LaLiberty with some nice saves .
So far NU not playing with that predicted anger ...

end of 1st quarter: 4-3 Cats
Last edited by Madlax59 on Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CnyLax

Post by CnyLax »

Anyone know why Stella went in last game instead of Betty?
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

CnyLax wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:58 pm Anyone know why Stella went in last game instead of Betty?
Not sure. No Ingrilli again. Thats too bad she was really helping them on Offense.

6-3 Nu 3 minutes to go in 2nd q
Last edited by Madlax59 on Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

I don't think its a chemistry issue; its lack of defensive depth. Last couple games it feels like KAH is having open tryouts for the last defensive spot on the field with S. White out
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:23 pm

I don't think its a chemistry issue; its lack of defensive depth. Last couple games it feels like KAH is having open tryouts for the last defensive spot on the field with S. White out
Agree NU defense I feel never been that great. With Sammy they were better than average.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

CnyLax wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:58 pm Anyone know why Stella went in last game instead of Betty?
Probably more experienced. She played really well too. I was wondering if they were going to give her the start today.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Brownlax wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:26 pm
Probably more experienced. She played really well too. I was wondering if they were going to give her the start today.
I wonder if Ingrilli and Nelson can/will red shirt this season
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Madlax59 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:48 pm
Redshirt rules for wlax are if you step on the field once you burn your year. Only exception would be if there was an injury. Assume that's not the case with Nelson and she did get in a couple games if I recall so she burned hers. Ingrilli I don't know what's going on. There's certainly a poster out there that does.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

hmmm wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:50 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:48 pm
Redshirt rules for wlax are if you step on the field once you burn your year. Only exception would be if there was an injury. Assume that's not the case with Nelson and she did get in a couple games if I recall so she burned hers. Ingrilli I don't know what's going on. There's certainly a poster out there that does.
But if both are injured now.....?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Don’t have any inside knowledge and am really just exercising my inherent poster-right to speculate, but if Ingrilli was healthy, wouldn’t she be playing? I thought there used to be a 50% rule, that is, if you played more than 50% of the year, you couldn’t red shirt even if you got injured. Is that still the rule?
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

njbill wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:59 pm Don’t have any inside knowledge and am really just exercising my inherent poster-right to speculate, but if Ingrilli was healthy, wouldn’t she be playing? I thought there used to be a 50% rule, that is, if you played more than 50% of the year, you couldn’t red shirt even if you got injured. Is that still the rule?
50% of ref season? Is that still rule - I done know
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

njbill wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:59 pm Don’t have any inside knowledge and am really just exercising my inherent poster-right to speculate, but if Ingrilli was healthy, wouldn’t she be playing? I thought there used to be a 50% rule, that is, if you played more than 50% of the year, you couldn’t red shirt even if you got injured. Is that still the rule?
I agree, if she were healthy I assume she'd be playing. No reason to believe that Nelson is injured. I don't think there's any set rule on how long you can play before injury to get the year back. It's totally at the discretion of NCAA.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

hmmm wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:02 pm
I agree, if she were healthy I assume she'd be playing. No reason to believe that Nelson is injured. I don't think there's any set rule on how long you can play before injury to get the year back. It's totally at the discretion of NCAA.
Taylor falls a lot...I feel like im watching Stony Brook... :roll:

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”