NU at UNC 3/25

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Bart

Re: NU at UNC 3/25

Post by Bart »

Madlax59 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:01 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:59 pm Don’t have any inside knowledge and am really just exercising my inherent poster-right to speculate, but if Ingrilli was healthy, wouldn’t she be playing? I thought there used to be a 50% rule, that is, if you played more than 50% of the year, you couldn’t red shirt even if you got injured. Is that still the rule?
50% of ref season? Is that still rule - I done know
I believe the rule is that the injury must be season ending, occur prior to the half way point of the scheduled and the player can not participate in more than 30% of the contests
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

Madlax59 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:09 pm
hmmm wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:02 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:59 pm Don’t have any inside knowledge and am really just exercising my inherent poster-right to speculate, but if Ingrilli was healthy, wouldn’t she be playing? I thought there used to be a 50% rule, that is, if you played more than 50% of the year, you couldn’t red shirt even if you got injured. Is that still the rule?
I agree, if she were healthy I assume she'd be playing. No reason to believe that Nelson is injured. I don't think there's any set rule on how long you can play before injury to get the year back. It's totally at the discretion of NCAA.
Taylor falls a lot...I feel like im watching Stony Brook... :roll:
Came here to say that... The flopping is hard to watch
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

I agree, if she were healthy I assume she'd be playing. No reason to believe that Nelson is injured. I don't think there's any set rule on how long you can play before injury to get the year back. It's totally at the discretion of NCAA.
I was shocked that she stayed on her feet the first half. There's been at least 3 times this half that she's gone down and rolled around with no call against the defense. I ask again, why isn't that a card for flopping? I give the refs credit for not giving her a FP for the phantom foul but why no card for flopping? And again, she's a fantastic player. She doesn't need to do that.

They just said the averages 2 FP goals a game. I guess that's why she does it.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

hmmm wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:14 pm
I was shocked that she stayed on her feet the first half. There's been at least 3 times this half that she's gone down and rolled around with no call against the defense. I ask again, why isn't that a card for flopping? I give the refs credit for not giving her a FP for the phantom foul but why no card for flopping? And again, she's a fantastic player. She doesn't need to do that.
She’s a great player, which makes it so much more frustrating every time she goes down. Any contact and she is on the ground. You don’t see Scane going down when she’s touched. Great players absorb the contact and go to goal. She needs to learn from Scane.
Last edited by user1020 on Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Ita awful to watch. Great player….but scane needs to take her aside and say “great players don’t flop. Tewaarton players certainly don’t”

Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 pm
Ita awful to watch. Great player….but scane needs to take her aside and say “great players don’t flop. Tewaarton players certainly don’t”

It’s awful to watch. Scane needs to take her aside and say “stop. Great players don’t flop”.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Found this on the always reliable, never wrong Internet:

“According to the NCAA rules, in order to be granted a medical redshirt, the athlete must:

Suffer an injury that is deemed “season-ending”
Their injury must occur before the halfway point of the season
Not participate in more than 30% of the season’s games.”

https://www.2adays.com/blog/how-does-th ... hirt-work/

Have no idea if this website is accurate. I suspect I got my “50% rule” from the requirement that the injury must occur in the first half of the season.

Lots of wiggle room on what constitutes a “season enduring” injury. Know of players who took advantage of that. NCAA has to approve.
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

Have there been cards for flopping? I don't think I've ever seen one. Should be the case though.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

belleoftheball wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:26 pm

Have there been cards for flopping? I don't think I've ever seen one. Should be the case though.
The NCAA added a rule this year that states, "Players who fake/embellish being fouled will be issued a one-minute penalty." I have yet to see a card given for flopping this year, so the refs are not enforcing this rule.
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

hmmm wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:28 pm
belleoftheball wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:26 pm

The NCAA added a rule this year that states, "Players who fake/embellish being fouled will be issued a one-minute penalty." I have yet to see a card given for flopping this year, so the refs are not enforcing this rule.
Totally missed that, thanks! It should definitely be enforced... I wonder if coaches are encouraging it, or just turning a blind eye to it.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I thought the refs might be shy about issuing green cards this year since the one minute player down penalty seems excessive for the foul committed. (Just my view). They sure haven’t been though. But on the other hand, the refs seem very reluctant to issue flopping cards. I don’t get it. There has been a flopping problem in the game for years. The rules committee finally addressed it. So why won’t the refs apply the new rule?
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

njbill wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:20 pm Found this on the always reliable, never wrong Internet:

“According to the NCAA rules, in order to be granted a medical redshirt, the athlete must:

Have no idea if this website is accurate. I suspect I got my “50% rule” from the requirement that the injury must occur in the first half of the season.

Lots of wiggle room on what constitutes a “season enduring” injury. Know of players who took advantage of that. NCAA has to approve.
well Ingrilli last played game 8 so thats half way?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

It gets harder and harder to watch--even for me. I have to think the coaching staff encourages it for the goals she regularly converts on free position. What a contrast to tough-as-nails Hailey Rhatigan from last years edition of the Wildcats.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

They already won so why score another to make it a 6 point game. Our run at the end was nice and I hope we start off the BC game like that.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

Nelson won’t redshirt, they have another 5-star goalie coming in next year so what’s the point of taking her time away potienally knowing she’s a great goalie. UNC rarely redshirts goalies too.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

uncfan1013 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:58 pm They already won so why score another to make it a 6 point game. Our run at the end was nice and I hope we start off the BC game like that.
You can't be surprised. You don't recall Rhatigan scoring at the buzzer in the Championship Game last year to make it 18-6?
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:54 pm It gets harder and harder to watch--even for me. I have to think the coaching staff encourages it for the goals she regularly converts on free position. What a contrast to tough-as-nails Hailey Rhatigan from last years edition of the Wildcats.
And Izzy, Coykendall, etc all take a beating and fight through contact constantly. The only way to stop it is for the refs to enforce the rules which they apparently are not willing to do.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

hmmm wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:06 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:54 pm It gets harder and harder to watch--even for me. I have to think the coaching staff encourages it for the goals she regularly converts on free position. What a contrast to tough-as-nails Hailey Rhatigan from last years edition of the Wildcats.
And Izzy, Coykendall, etc all take a beating and fight through contact constantly. The only way to stop it is for the refs to enforce the rules which they apparently are not willing to do.
What I would like to know is why. Why aren't the refs enforcing the flop rule? Any theories? Guesses?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:20 pm Found this on the always reliable, never wrong Internet:

that is the rule. contest dates include spring semester scrimmages against nc$$ opponents, reg season games, and one conference tourney game if they make that.

so if you had 2 scrimmage dates, 15 games and made your conference tourney, that's 18 contest dates. it includes the game you go over 30%. note it says if the injury occurred in the 1st 50% of the season. degnon is playing for hopkins right now because of this wording... he played a game in the 2nd half of year briefly, but never came back. you do need "detailed" medical records.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

I am certain it is coached. Totally on brand for that staff.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”