TV Broadcasts/Announcers/Production

D1 Mens Lacrosse
keno in reno

Re: TV Broadcasts/Announcers/Production

Post by keno in reno »

I'll give credit where it's due... Quint was good today with Zimmerman and the pbp guy.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

I like former coaches like Zimm and Cottle in the booth.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

next year espn needs live stats for lacrosse games on their app like they do for college hoops not just the game times. or how about in time for the ncaa tournament. do it quint.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Steve Panarelli is an under appreciated analyst. He knows the game, takes responsibility for knowing the personnel, and, if that's your cup of tea, plays it straight.
Red4Life

Post by Red4Life »

tothedraw wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:10 pm
Henpecked wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:51 pm
Booker wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:58 pm
random observer wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:22 pm Speaking of broadcasters, I'm beyond sick of Booker Corrigan continually plugging events run by Corrigan Sports every 5 minutes, no matter how irrelevant they are to what's happening in the game he's calling. Absolutely shameless and gross, but he seems to get a pass from everyone. And yet we have a four page thread complaining about Quint calling an EMO a power play because it aligns with PLL terminology...
Hi, I’m Booker Corrigan. I have always posted using my own name and people either know or they don’t. they either like me or they don’t ~ their opinion of me is none of my business ….

Who is Random Observer ?

I have 2 children and a wife, and I announce part time. My main job is with CSE and we do own and operate the All American games. 90% of the games I am lucky enough to call are largely paid for by CSE. So yes I am going to mention them. I also help work very many of the Underclass tryouts, and I love having the chance to remind all these great lacrosse parents to “model the behavior they expect” and I always help encourage every play to do all they can to grow into the “best possible version of themselves” it’s not an opportunity I take lightly. I love this sport and respect every player and coach.
Again, I post using my own name and I truly enjoy having fun anytime I’m around the sport of lacrosse.
I can honestly say that I can’t recall ever doing any game ever when I plugged CSE “EVERY 5 MINUTES”. Sorry I might now be your style CSE is my employer and they sincerely do spend a good bit of money getting these games on the air.
You and I should call a game sometime soon. It’s incredibly fun and the close games are amazing.
What dates would work for you, Random Observer ? I’d be happy to call you by your real name.
Please let me know soon, as we have a good slate coming up.

Thanks. We will have a great time doing the game !!
Booker
PS ~ To All ~ please try to post positive stuff about our amazing kids. They work hard and had to deal with CoVid …..
Booker, you and George always have fun with the games and seem to be fans of all the kids on the field. The line about the Kardashians made me spit my beer. :lol:
Whoever said "He's got the hands of a Moyle" at 4:58 of the 3rd made me laugh out loud.

Skinny as a chimney sweep with hands of a Moyle - brilliant
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Red4Life wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:36 am
tothedraw wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:10 pm
Henpecked wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:51 pm
Booker wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:58 pm
random observer wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:22 pm Speaking of broadcasters, I'm beyond sick of Booker Corrigan continually plugging events run by Corrigan Sports every 5 minutes, no matter how irrelevant they are to what's happening in the game he's calling. Absolutely shameless and gross, but he seems to get a pass from everyone. And yet we have a four page thread complaining about Quint calling an EMO a power play because it aligns with PLL terminology...
Hi, I’m Booker Corrigan. I have always posted using my own name and people either know or they don’t. they either like me or they don’t ~ their opinion of me is none of my business ….

Who is Random Observer ?

I have 2 children and a wife, and I announce part time. My main job is with CSE and we do own and operate the All American games. 90% of the games I am lucky enough to call are largely paid for by CSE. So yes I am going to mention them. I also help work very many of the Underclass tryouts, and I love having the chance to remind all these great lacrosse parents to “model the behavior they expect” and I always help encourage every play to do all they can to grow into the “best possible version of themselves” it’s not an opportunity I take lightly. I love this sport and respect every player and coach.
Again, I post using my own name and I truly enjoy having fun anytime I’m around the sport of lacrosse.
I can honestly say that I can’t recall ever doing any game ever when I plugged CSE “EVERY 5 MINUTES”. Sorry I might now be your style CSE is my employer and they sincerely do spend a good bit of money getting these games on the air.
You and I should call a game sometime soon. It’s incredibly fun and the close games are amazing.
What dates would work for you, Random Observer ? I’d be happy to call you by your real name.
Please let me know soon, as we have a good slate coming up.

Thanks. We will have a great time doing the game !!
Booker
PS ~ To All ~ please try to post positive stuff about our amazing kids. They work hard and had to deal with CoVid …..
Booker, you and George always have fun with the games and seem to be fans of all the kids on the field. The line about the Kardashians made me spit my beer. :lol:
Whoever said "He's got the hands of a Moyle" at 4:58 of the 3rd made me laugh out loud.

Skinny as a chimney sweep with hands of a Moyle - brilliant
Who’s the sensitive soul that came up with “dirty as Taco Bell”.

You can’t complain about being criticized and come up with the above, regardless of who said it.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Oy! It’s spelled mohel.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:22 pm Steve Panarelli is an under appreciated analyst. He knows the game, takes responsibility for knowing the personnel, and, if that's your cup of tea, plays it straight.
I enjoy his analysis' as well. Also, one of my favorite all time defensemen...

Cuse's D in 2006 was fun to watch. Believe he was only a frosh/soph at the time. From Panarelli's youtube account-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixS1BQ0OL7Q
a fan

Post by a fan »

Matt Ward just gave D1 coaches and players a big lesson during the UVa v ND game: the "Big Hit" isn't worth the risk/reward metric.

He's 100% right. Picture the game-changing NCAA tournament game where fans are whining about how it shouldn't be 2-3 minutes.

Don't risk it. Hip check. Push the kid to the ground. Don't hit. It's not worth it.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:54 pm Matt Ward just gave D1 coaches and players a big lesson during the UVa v ND game: the "Big Hit" isn't worth the risk/reward metric.

He's 100% right. Picture the game-changing NCAA tournament game where fans are whining about how it shouldn't be 2-3 minutes.

Don't risk it. Hip check. Push the kid to the ground. Don't hit. It's not worth it.
Nonsense….gotta coma slide and call for the helicopter, that’s they way did it back in my day. 😉
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

Huge fan of Matt Ward as analyst. Like the ESPN top unit, but would like to see Ward do more big games.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

I'm surprised Q & C are doing the Ivy and not the ACC ...
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

CU77 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:29 pm I'm surprised Q & C are doing the Ivy and not the ACC ...
The two guys who hate the Ivies the most get sent to Ithaca to cover the Ivies. They must have done something to irritate the powers that be who said ... "yeah well we are sending you to cold Ithaca for behaving poorly!"
CU77

Post by CU77 »

I dunno, they spent some time during Yale-Princeton game talking about the great culture of Cornell lax and how it's persisted over the decades.

And you know that Hop fans all believe that Q hates Hop (his alma mater), right?
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

There's 2 games currently besides the game in Ithaca determining spots and not one mention/score updates from the Ivy crew. And good games. Not national champ threat teams, but come on. Might be production crew issue and not the talking heads, to be fair.

Well, back to the IL website to check scores. (ASun game is on my tablet)
random observer

Post by random observer »

Can't win with folks on here. When they mention other things going on, people complain they're not calling the game in front of them. When they don't, they're dropping the ball. And if every team thinks Quint hates them, that's a sign he's doing a good job of being impartial.
Finster

Post by Finster »

random observer wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:02 pm Can't win with folks on here. When they mention other things going on, people complain they're not calling the game in front of them. When they don't, they're dropping the ball. And if every team thinks Quint hates them, that's a sign he's doing a good job of being impartial.

+1

I’m listening. They seem perfectly fine.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

a fan wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:54 pm Matt Ward just gave D1 coaches and players a big lesson during the UVa v ND game: the "Big Hit" isn't worth the risk/reward metric.

For as much as I hated Matt Ward when he was at Virginia and tore up my Terps year after year, he is one of the best in the booth. I feel so bad for him that he's paired with Anish. Using the word 'hyperbole' to describe Anish's approach to selling the game and its best players is an offense to the word hyperbole.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

A broadcast team talking delis, chicken parm sandwiches, traffic, workout routines, haircuts!!! is different from not keeping track of other pertinent games.
random observer

Post by random observer »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:07 pm A broadcast team talking delis, chicken parm sandwiches, traffic, workout routines, haircuts!!! is different from not keeping track of other pertinent games.
No argument for me on those things, and I agree that stuff is annoying. But people have also complained any time that they mention teams that aren't presently on the field, and it's disingenuous to pretend otherwise. People want to find reasons to hate these guys.

Frankly the only one who really bothers me is Carc, as he is the one who goes heavy on the hyperbole, and he typically is the instigator for the things you mentioned above. But I also think he's a great guy, and my frustration is just as much because I think he's capable of better (particularly when he is in the sideline and not in the booth).

Regardless, for the people complaining about the lack of coverage of the other stuff, they've just gone in depth with what's going on elsewhere during the halftime show.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”