2024 Pool C

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ah23

Re: 2024 Pool C

Post by ah23 »

pcowlax wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:49 am This IL article is pretty spot on. 4 NESCAC, 4 LL
That article has five NESCAC teams in - both teams playing today plus Tufts, Bowdoin, and Amherst.

Didn’t think it was possible before reading the article (and still think it’s unlikely), but I definitely didn’t realize how shaky some of the other Pool C resumes are in comparison. Bottom of Pool C is going to be tense.
which tracks with northern teams dominating matchup with southern this year.
Incoming lecture about “emotions and bias” in 3…2…1…
Last edited by ah23 on Sun May 05, 2024 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Laxwizard wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:59 am If you look at one of the linked documents in the previous braketology article it says they may weigh the last 25% of the season more with approval of the championship committee (in subsection (f))
Was that from an IL article? Cant find anything from the NCAA that mentions it.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:17 pm
pcowlax wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:49 am This IL article is pretty spot on. 4 NESCAC, 4 LL
That article has five NESCAC teams in - both teams playing today plus Tufts, Bowdoin, and Amherst.

Didn’t think it was possible before reading the article (and still think it’s unlikely), but I definitely didn’t realize how shaky some of the other Pool C resumes are in comparison. Bottom of Pool C is going to be tense.
which tracks with northern teams dominating matchup with southern this year.
Incoming lecture about “emotions and bias” in 3…2…1…
bowdoin does not have a strong resume. they are out.
Laxwizard

Post by Laxwizard »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:21 pm
Laxwizard wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:59 am If you look at one of the linked documents in the previous braketology article it says they may weigh the last 25% of the season more with approval of the championship committee (in subsection (f))
Was that from an IL article? Cant find anything from the NCAA that mentions it.
Yes it was from the previous IL bracketology article. Pg 225 in the grey section:
https://www.ncaapublications.com/produc ... s/D324.pdf
LL_Insider

Post by LL_Insider »

LL_Insider wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:05 pm Here's my 1st draft:

Obviously a lot could still change within the next 36 hours with teams like Babson, Dickinson, Bowdoin vs. Midd, Hamilton running the table, etc.

- Relevant AQ Assumptions:
- Nescac -> Wesleyan
- LL -> RIT
- CLC (via Pool B) -> Salisbury
- NEWMAC -> Babson
- Centennial -> Dickinson
- ODAC -> Lynchburg

- Pool C:
- Locks (3): Tufts, RPI, SLU
- Most likely In (4): W&L, CNU, Bowdoin, Union
- Last 3 In: Amherst, Swat, Middlebury -> Need Nescac champ appearance
- First 2 out : Roanoke, Williams
- Potential “bid stealer”: Hamilton, Babson
- AQ or Bust: St. John Fisher, Geneseo, Stevens, Grove City, Centre, RMC, Nazareth, Kenyon, Elmhurst, Hope, IWU, Colorado College (not sure if they have a conference AQ to win) Springfield, WNE, Stevenson, Gettysburg, Endicott
Nice to see Dan Kaplan stealing my work lol
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

I doubt 5 NESCAC as well, think Bowdoin is outside looking in.
Laxwizard

Post by Laxwizard »

How can he have Roanoke in two days ago and out today? Such a CYA.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

RPI/RIT game is an instant classic if you aren’t watching now
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Picked a bad time to just not slide to the wing dodge.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

ok. all of the bubble teams have finished playing. my final view of the 10 at large

Tufts
RIT
ST Lawrence
Middlebury
CNU
W&L
Amherst
Union
Gettysburg
Roanoke

i have the top 8 (home games) as
1. Salisbury
2. RPI
3. Wesleyan
4. Dickinson
5. RIT
6. CNU
7. Middlebury
8. W&L/Denison. depending on travel distance to avoid teams having to fly.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

Can you explain how any of the teams you listed below are “top8” by what measure?

6. CNU
7. Middlebury
8. W&L/Denison
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Laxattackjack uses his own system to evaluate teams that doesn't have much in common with the way anyone else (or the committee) looks at things.
Marlo.jpg
Marlo.jpg (48.25 KiB) Viewed 934 times
Laxwizard

Post by Laxwizard »

Mid women are #1...they will win today and host. Men can't host too.
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

SKUD wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:12 pm Can you explain how any of the teams you listed below are “top8” by what measure?

6. CNU
7. Middlebury
8. W&L/Denison
Who are you putting ahead of them?
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

SixBySix wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:57 pm Picked a bad time to just not slide to the wing dodge.
Picked a bad time to give up the inside. Force him out and it goes to OT.
Bucket

Post by Bucket »

Laxwizard wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:19 pm Mid women are #1...they will win today and host. Men can't host too.
Not necessarily true. They play on separate fields, so it would come down to hotel availability. If Midd has the rooms, both can host.

In the likelihood that there aren't enough rooms, Middlebury can prioritize one program over the other, for reasons other than on-field achievements.

For instance, last fall, when there weren't enough rooms to host both field hockey and men's soccer NCAA weekends, the top-ranked field hockey team went on the road, while men's soccer stayed home. This decision was made because the women had hosted NCAA games for many years consecutively, while the men's soccer program hadn't hosted in quite a while.

Midd athletics could very well do something similar this spring, especially since the women stayed home and men went on the road last spring. (Both would have hosted if enough rooms were available.)
balderdash

Post by balderdash »

Not sure how Denison would get a host site over grove city. They have similar losses, similar wins, and GC beat york who beat Denison. Could see W&L hosting over both of them though, but there are a bunch of Midwest conferences that have to go somewhere and can't think the committee will be paying for that many flights.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

BigMoose9 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:25 pm
SKUD wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:12 pm Can you explain how any of the teams you listed below are “top8” by what measure?

6. CNU
7. Middlebury
8. W&L/Denison
Who are you putting ahead of them?
i am going to guess that many in here that question my predictions, either don’t understand the process, or don’t have enough info to put their own predictions out there.

ncaa needs to pick locations to avoid anyone traveling more than 500 miles. there are teams from illinois and ohio that will likely be involved. there also are 4 locations in the north and 4 in the south. those 4 will feed into a north final location and a south final location. those winners play for the final.
the north/south break is PA (they are considered south)

curious. since 6x6 seems to have all of the correct knowledge. who are the 4 southern hosts?
Laxwizard

Post by Laxwizard »

@Laxattackjack hosting aside, how do you explain Bowdoin not getting a bid in your rankings but IL doesn't even have them on the bubble but rather safely in. Does Kaplan not get it too? Honest question.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Laxwizard wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:18 pm @Laxattackjack hosting aside, how do you explain Bowdoin not getting a bid in your rankings but IL doesn't even have them on the bubble but rather safely in. Does Kaplan not get it too? Honest question.
i am not saying i am right. these are just opinions. i have other teams ahead of bowdoin with regional wins. strength of schedule etc. i could be wrong.

i have bowdoin with 2 regional wins
i have Amherst with 3 regional wins
Middlebury with 5 regional wins
Tufts with 7 regional wins.

plus you have Wesleyan as the conference champ. i don’t see 5 nescac teams making. there’s a possibility Bowdoin sneaks in over Amherst since the beat them head to head. but NCAA has a history of putting regional wins as a priority.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”