Re: WLAX Bracketology

Post by flushlax77 »

The Niagara talk is crazy.

Niagara has lost to:

Arizona State by 7
Siena by 1
Fairfield by 7

Best win is Marquette by 2

Duke/NAVY/USC/Clemson/Harvard/Brown would beat them by a touchdown at least.

I lean towards Navy in this whole selection process. They beat Duke. Games should mean something.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:27 am
NULax2 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:05 am
spidey44 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:48 am Does Navy taking Loyola to OT yesterday push them over the edge??

*Edited to add I didn't realize their best win was against #30... hmmm
If it came down to navy versus duke, for a spot in the dance, I’d rather see navy.

The amount of Duke hate on this board is pretty hilarious.

None of these teams has a great claim to be included. Have no clue what the committee will value. “Inclusion” however, isn’t listed as a criteria! So no to Niagara. No to usc. The AQs already provide enough opportunities to “fill out” the tournament with non traditional representation.

The reason I personally would select Duke over brown or Harvard or navy or usc or Clemson or Colorado or any of the other bubble teams is the same reason the committee chose Penn state a few years ago: They are the ONLY team in that group that has shown an ability to actually beat a top team. Not almost beat, not “be competitive”, not “they never got beat badly”.
I’d want to favor in the last in bubble a team that might make noise and has demonstrated an ability to do so. This year, only Duke fits that bill.

If usc had beaten, say, Hopkins, I’d be advocating for them. But they didn’t.

My guess is they don’t make it. But I’m hoping they get the “Penn state treatment”.
Are you the Coach Kimmel Stan?
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

MolonLaxe wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:44 am
spidey44 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:48 am Does Navy taking Loyola to OT yesterday push them over the edge??

If it came down to navy versus duke, for a spot in the dance, I’d rather see navy.

None of these teams has a great claim to be included. Have no clue what the committee will value. “Inclusion” however, isn’t listed as a criteria! So no to Niagara. No to usc. The AQs already provide enough opportunities to “fill out” the tournament with non traditional representation.

The reason I personally would select Duke over brown or Harvard or navy or usc or Clemson or Colorado or any of the other bubble teams is the same reason the committee chose Penn state a few years ago: They are the ONLY team in that group that has shown an ability to actually beat a top team. Not almost beat, not “be competitive”, not “they never got beat badly”.
I’d want to favor in the last in bubble a team that might make noise and has demonstrated an ability to do so. This year, only Duke fits that bill.

My guess is they don’t make it. But I’m hoping they get the “Penn state treatment”.
Are you the Coach Kimmel Stan?
Nope. No dog at all in the hunt!
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Fairfield just lost to Niagara in the MAAC championship game. Wonder how that impacts Fairfield’s RPI (since their Strength of schedule isn’t great) and if they would still get an at large?
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

AQ tickets punched:

Florida
Richmond
Mercer
Binghamton
Coastal Carolina
RMU
LIU
Boston College
Denver
Northwestern
Stony Brook
Yale
Niagara
Loyola
Stanford
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

laxlaxlax wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:26 pm AQ tickets punched:

Florida
Richmond
Mercer
Binghamton
Coastal Carolina
RMU
LIU
Boston College
Denver
Northwestern
Stony Brook
Yale
Niagara
Loyola
Stanford
Ok who do we think top 8 are ?
610Lax

Post by 610Lax »

flushlax77 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:48 am The Niagara talk is crazy.

Niagara has lost to:

Arizona State by 7
Siena by 1
Fairfield by 7

I lean towards Navy in this whole selection process. They beat Duke. Games should mean something.
"They beat Duke", LOL. Everybody but Virginia beat Duke. The delusiion that Duke is a good win is funny, they're 31st in RPI. And Niagara will be in the tournament so we'll get to see how they'll do.
610Lax

Post by 610Lax »

It's not Duke hate, it's lacrosse knowledge. They're just not very good this year. And Niagara didn't need "Inclusion" to get into to the tournament, they earned their way in. Something Duke had plenty of opportunities to do and couldn't. 1 win vs the number 10 RPI team doesn't earn you a spot, especially when you almost lost to the number 75 and 82 RPI teams.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

NULax2 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:54 pm Final projection

https://www.usalacrosse.com/magazine/co ... projection
Two weeks in a row they have stated UNC will travel to Northwestern. I just dont see that happening?
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

flushlax77 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:48 am The Niagara talk is crazy.

Niagara has lost to:

Arizona State by 7
Siena by 1
Fairfield by 7

This aged well…. I can not believe that two teams from the MAAC are about to make this thing!
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Madlax59 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:20 pm

Two weeks in a row they have stated UNC will travel to Northwestern. I just dont see that happening?
Can’t see Yale seeded ahead of Syracuse. Their resumes aren’t even close. SOS is 1 vs 16.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

hmmm wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:11 pm

Can’t see Yale seeded ahead of Syracuse. Their resumes aren’t even close. SOS is 1 vs 16.
Agreed. If I were Cuse and that happened after playing the toughest strength of schedule in the country, I’d be unhappy.
LaxUpstate

Post by LaxUpstate »

laxlaxlax wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:14 pm
hmmm wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:11 pm

Agreed. If I were Cuse and that happened after playing the toughest strength of schedule in the country, I’d be unhappy.
Hope it does to motivate Cuse. They need a spark
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Told you…having unc there was stupid and not happening

Wow and duke ?!
rc13

Post by rc13 »

Navy (#22 RPI) 8-1; 15-4, lost in overtime in PL final
Duke (#31 RPI) 4-5; 10-8; blown out in 1st round of ACC tournament

And Navy has the head-to-head.

Brutal selection, just shows how much the criteria are stacked toward the power conferences.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

rc13 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:33 pm Navy (#22 RPI) 8-1; 15-4, lost in overtime in PL final

Brutal selection, just shows how much the criteria are stacked toward the power conferences.
Navy had strength of schedule at 45 compared to Duke at 12 though plus the win over UVA which I think tipped it.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

laxlaxlax wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:42 pm
rc13 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:33 pm Navy (#22 RPI) 8-1; 15-4, lost in overtime in PL final

Navy had strength of schedule at 45 compared to Duke at 12 though plus the win over UVA which I think tipped it.
Navy BEAT Duke, better record, better RPI. SOS trumps all of that?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot…they BEAT Duke! 🤷‍♂️
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Pretty much shows that SOS matters. Hopefully the pat league schools all look to improve here next year
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

I mean look at dukes OOC SOS. It’s a frikkin joke.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”